Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff High Court claim for £10 million against Malky + co!

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:37 pm

Cardiff City on behalf of Vincent Tan are pursuing a High Court claim for almost £10million in damages against Malky Mackay.

Daily mail

By Matt Lawton

Thursday 15th December 2016

Cardiff City on behalf of Vincent Tan are pursuing a High Court claim for almost £10million in damages against Malky Mackay, Iain Moody and three of the most powerful agents in the game.

The Welsh club have launched a claim of dishonest conspiracy with regard to two transfers against Mackay, their former director of football Moody and agents David Manasseh, Rob Segal and John Inglis.

The move comes with Mackay expected to be unveiled as the Scottish Football Association’s technical director on Thursday.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton says Malky Mackay is the man Scottish football needs as he leads contenders for SFA performance director vacancy
I feel we can achieve things other people don¿t think we can achieve... Austin MacPhee relishing opportunity as Ian Cathro's assistant at Hearts

Cardiff are due in the High Court on Thursday in a bid to have the case heard in the public arena after lawyers representing the agents pushed for a behind-closed-doors FA tribunal which would avoid public scrutiny.

The situation highlights one of the most contentious issues in the English game, whereby agents and other members of the football community can use private arbitration for disputes without incurring any public reputational damage. This newspaper knows of at least one top agent whose clients are unaware he was forced to pay significant damages to another player.

Mackay, Moody and the agents involved in this case have consistently denied any wrongdoing since Sportsmail revealed Cardiff were investigating eight transfers from 2013, when Mackay was their manager and Moody was in charge of player recruitment. The investigation, which has so far cost Cardiff owner Vincent Tan more than £1m and has been led by a team of lawyers from Mishcon De Reya for almost three years, is ongoing but Thursday's hearing will focus on Steven Caulker’s £8.5m transfer from Tottenham to Cardiff in July 2013 and Peter Odemwingie’s £2.5m move from West Brom to the Welsh club two months later.

In the Odemwingie deal, Segal was the player’s agent with Manasseh on official documents as the club’s agent, with a fee of almost £300,000 due to Manasseh, who is perhaps most famous for negotiating Gareth Bale’s record-breaking £85m transfer to Real

But Cardiff claim they are unable to find any evidence of Manasseh’s involvement in the deal, other than the fact he appeared on the AG1 Agent Declaration form submitted by Segal. The club’s concern was heightened by the fact Manasseh was in Spain overseeing Bale’s move to Real Madrid on the day the Odemwingie transfer was completed.

Manasseh, who declined to comment on Wednesday night, was named as the player’s agent in the Caulker deal, and was also named in documents with Inglis as the club’s agents.

Inglis, a Scottish former footballer now operating as an agent in Bulgaria, was to receive more than £700,000 for his involvement but, again, the club can find no evidence of him working on the deal.

Defender Caulker joined the Welsh club from Tottenham Hotspur in July 2013 for £8.5m
Cardiff claim all five men conspired together to defraud the club in both transfers, and hold Mackay and Moody responsible as two principal officers of the club overseeing transfer business.

After leaving Cardiff, Mackay and Moody almost rejoined forces at Crystal Palace in 2014, but Sportsmail revealed an exchange of racist, sexist and homophobic messages that forced Moody to resign and persuaded Palace not to appoint Mackay.

Moody is now working at League Two strugglers Colchester United, while Mackay is hoping to return to the game with the SFA in what will be his first job in football since his controversial appointment, and disastrous spell, at Wigan Athletic in 2014-15.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff High Court claim for £10 million against Malky +

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 pm

The timing of this intrigues me. I cant help thinking that Tan has seriously got a chip on his shoulder here and was waiting for the best time to drop this on Malky. It makes you wonder what else he may have up his sleeve to drop on him! :?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:58 pm

lyndipops wrote:The timing of this intrigues me. I cant help thinking that Tan has seriously got a chip on his shoulder here and was waiting for the best time to drop this on Malky. It makes you wonder what else he may have up his sleeve to drop on him! :?

You may have a point but do you think seriously that the high court just happened to have a free date now and was waiting for malky to be offered a job?? This as probably been ongoing for awhile and whilst don't particularly believe in coincidence I think that's all it is.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:58 pm

lyndipops wrote:The timing of this intrigues me. I cant help thinking that Tan has seriously got a chip on his shoulder here and was waiting for the best time to drop this on Malky. It makes you wonder what else he may have up his sleeve to drop on him! :?

can you have a high court hearing at the drop of a hat ?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:00 am

dogfound wrote:

Of course you can't but guess people will believe it's a tan plot in conjunction with high court judge? :laughing6:

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 am

Wouldn't the court date be set months ago ? If this is true then it whole thing stinks remember as season ticket holders and fans it's our money too ,agents are scum

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 am

dogfound wrote:

Fair point, it takes months to get to high court when you have a squatter so this has probably been in the pipeline for ages. Im sure the Scotish FA were well aware of it too so it probably wont make any difference to his apointment.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Of course you can't but guess people will believe it's a tan plot in conjunction with high court judge? :laughing6:

this would make a shit hot netflix series.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:12 am

lyndipops wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Fair point, it takes months to get to high court when you have a squatter so this has probably been in the pipeline for ages. Im sure the Scotish FA were well aware of it too so it probably wont make any difference to his apointment.

One suspect that they new as malky must have told them a writ had been issued? Asume you need one for hight court action to be taken.?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:13 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

this would make a shit hot netflix series.

Makes war and peace seem like just a short story! :laughing6:

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:30 am

Tan holds Malky and Moody responsible as two principal officers overseeing the business.

Reading between the lines If Malky and Moody did play a part in some dodgy dealings then surely there would be some sort of trail implicating them? There is talk of these agents getting money they shouldn't have but did Malky and Moody pick up any ill gotten gains here? I doubt it, they are just in the frame because they were involved in overseeing the deals.

It looks to me like they didnt realise they were being ripped off, but can Tan still hold them liable? Well im sure if there was any wrong doing by them it will come out in the wash in the end.

Something certainly isnt right but I suspect it lies squarely at the door of a few greedy agents and if they have ripped off the club then I hope the full force of the law comes down on them and they are made an example of in a very public arena! :evil:

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:54 am

Tan is obsessed with Malky and is bringing our club down at the same time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tan, knows Malky will struggle with costs for this,whilst City will pay all the costs if Malky wins.

Tan just won't leave Malky alone,a pity Tan did not put this much effort in to our club and we would prob not be in the mess we are today.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tan is obsessed with Malky and is bringing our club down at the same time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tan, knows Malky will struggle with costs for this,whilst City will pay all the costs if Malky wins.

Tan just won't leave Malky alone,a pity Tan did not put this much effort in to our club and we would prob not be in the mess we are today.

Annis you need to wake up read the article, the club have been ripped off and still you defend Malky and moody your hatred of tan is definitely clouding your judgement,when are you going to back the club ? There's agents getting paid who are not even involved in any deals it bloody stinks

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 am

This is not Tan v Malky/Moody, that's just a sub plot.
The high court case is Cardiff City v The three agents.
But why don't they want it in a public court, what have the agents and maybe Malky and Moody have to hide ????

But if Malky/Moody have anything to do with stealing money off Cardiff City. I hope its all made public,and Cardiff City get awarded a lot of money.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:08 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis you need to wake up read the article, the club have been ripped off and still you defend Malky and moody your hatred of tan is definitely clouding your judgement,when are you going to back the club ? There's agents getting paid who are not even involved in any deals it bloody stinks

Agreed. We have to, at least, wait until either the decision or details are made public before commenting either way.

If Malky has screwed us for millions I want the club to chase that money coz Warnock could do with that.

If there is nothing in this then the court will throw it out or find in Malky's favour.

If there is something dodgy going on I can't understand any City fan not wanting us to get that money back.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:10 am

nojac wrote:This is not Tan v Malky/Moody, that's just a sub plot.
The high court case is Cardiff City v The three agents.
But why don't they want it in a public court, what have the agents and maybe Malky and Moody have to hide ????

But if Malky/Moody have anything to do with stealing money off Cardiff City. I hope its all made public,and Cardiff City get awarded a lot of money.

Agree anyone stealing off cardiff city should get done in court Malky and moody were in charge of this department at the time and need to held accountable

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, Where does it say Malky is guilty?
You've hung him even before the case has begun.
Are you not fed up of this week in week out, there is always something with Tan, Why can't it just be about our football in the pitch.

Tan 100% has brought this case, not Cardiff City as Tan has full control and No one else has a say.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Are you not fed up of this week in week out, there is always something with Tan, Why can't it just be about our football in the pitch.

Tan 100% has brought this case, not Cardiff City as Tan has full control and No one else has a say.

How is this week in week out we've known about this court case for a while city have held back payments to these agents this has been going on well before sfa decided to employ milky ,so if it was your money you wouldn't want to recover it ? Come on annis if there is any wrong doing the club are in there rights to try and recover it were not talking about a couple of pounds it's millions

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:33 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How is this week in week out we've known about this court case for a while city have held back payments to these agents this has been going on well before sfa decided to employ milky ,so if it was your money you wouldn't want to recover it ? Come on annis if there is any wrong doing the club are in there rights to try and recover it were not talking about a couple of pounds it's millions

I am no fan of Tan or Malky, but what I find interesting is that Tan wants this hearing to be public, so that all City fans will be able to see exactly what went on. The other side wants everything to be heard behind closed doors. I think the paying fans would like to know once and for all if they have been ripped off, and if there is nothing to hide why not allow the case to be heard in public?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:39 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am no fan of Tan or Malky, but what I find interesting is that Tan wants this hearing to be public, so that all City fans will be able to see exactly what went on. The other side wants everything to be heard behind closed doors. I think the paying fans would like to know once and for all if they have been ripped off, and if there is nothing to hide why not allow the case to be heard in public?

Exactly it's all very strange if they got nothing to hide then why not have it public ?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:

You may have a point but do you think seriously that the high court just happened to have a free date now and was waiting for malky to be offered a job?? This as probably been ongoing for awhile and whilst don't particularly believe in coincidence I think that's all it is.

This ^^^^^

And I'd love to see these agents and the man who wasted £10 million of Tans money on a parks football striker which eventually got us relegated

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:45 am

You just know that Vinny has the information to bury MM, that's his goal and if I had a pound id back Vinny to win.

BTW didn't we swop Odemwinge with Kenwyn Jones ?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I totally agree with Wez on this one. If this case means cleaning the game of the crooked agents, managers etc then surely it's a good thing. If Tan wins this case then Cardiff will be looked upon as the club that helped clean the game. Tan has the guts to do it.
This why he won't give recent managers serious transfer money to spend. It's a case of 'once bitten twice shy.'
I believe this case is a lot bigger than Tan and Malky, this could have big implications on future transfer dealings and, if won, clean up the game.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 am

BlueGog wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And what if Tan loses the court case?

Tan lost to

The Riddler
Dave Jones
Langston
Settled with Ole

All got paid out in full and costs to Cardiff City,facts.

I totally agree with Wez on this one. If this case means cleaning the game of the crooked agents, managers etc then surely it's a good thing. If Tan wins this case then Cardiff will be looked upon as the club that helped clean the game. Tan has the guts to do it.
This why he won't give recent managers serious transfer money to spend. It's a case of 'once bitten twice shy.'
I believe this case is a lot bigger than Tan and Malky, this could have big implications on future transfer dealings and, if won, clean up the game.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:52 am

From Facebook

Lauren Ann McNie
How come every time Malky looks to be getting back into football this idiot digs up more dirt on him?! Tan is pathetic. I can not wait for the day he leaves our club.

Neil Courtney
Agree 100% .....

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 am

Charlie Harper wrote:You just know that Vinny has the information to bury MM, that's his goal and if I had a pound id back Vinny to win.

BTW didn't we swop Odemwinge with Kenwyn Jones ?

It's was portrayed as a straight swap but in reality that doesn't exist.
Each asset (ie the players) will have a market value, time left on their contracts, clauses etc and any deal will still have to be brokered by an agent.
In reality the swap can't just happen.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 am

From Facebook

Matthew John Harrop
Bang goes us signing anyone then every year just as the transfer window opens something happens,it will be another excuse by Tan

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:54 am

BlueGog wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tan obviously has access to material that we know nothing about. If he thought for one moment that this case would result in him getting a bad name as being a vindictive character, he would not want this to be heard in public. I have a feeling that the only reason he would request a case to be heard out in the open for all to see, is because he wants everyone to know the truth regarding what was going on behind the scenes when Malky was here. He is not the sort of person who would want to be seen in a bad light regarding this matter, and I have a feeling that Malky fans are going to be disappointed if everything comes out in the open. Why else does Tan want everything out in the public domain?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:54 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Steve, On this I would like it public as well :thumbright:

I am not sticking up for Agents as in my opinion many many are corrupt.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 am

Its f*cking Tan again,he just fucks me of :evil: