Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF STRIKER APPROACHED BY PLYMOUTH "

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm

On-loan Newport striker Rhys Healey has confirmed FA Cup rivals Plymouth Argyle have made an approach for him.

Thursday 8th December 2016

Many CARDIFF fans want Healey back with them this January.

The 22-year-old, on loan from Cardiff City, has scored six goals in 18 appearances for County this season.

He said he was aware of the approach before the 0-0 FA Cup second round draw with Argyle.

"I've heard there's been interest as well but it's not for me to be dealing with that so I've left it for someone else to deal with," he said.

"I'm not surprised because if any striker's scoring goals they're going to get interest.

"But it's not down to the player to be dealing with it - it's down to someone else to deal with it for them because all I want to do is concentrate on scoring goals for Newport each week.

"I don't think it has affected me. Once I step over that line everything goes away outside football. Nothing distracts me."

Newport face Plymouth in a replay on 21 December with a trip to face Liverpool in the third round at Anfield awaiting the winners.

Before then, bottom-of-the-table County face Morecambe at Rodney Parade on Saturday in a key League Two match.

"To get out of the bottom is the main thing," added Healey.

"We need to go into Saturday knowing we are going to beat Morecambe, which we should do and crack on from there.

"We're one of the best sides in the league when we get going, so it's just a matter of getting that first win and getting the momentum going."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251561

Re: " CARDIFF STRIKER APPROACHED BY PLYMOUTH "

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Can't see Plymouth approaching him without the City knowing first.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Rhys Healey set to be dropped by Newport County after Plymouth declare interest in Cardiff City loan ace

Healey has been Couty's top-scorer but it is thought Plymouth's interest in a New Year loan switch could see him sidelined by boss Graham Westley

Thursday 8th December 2016

BY CHRIS WATHAN

SPORT

Healey has been leading the line for Newport County this season

Newport County’s hopes of keeping Rhys Healey could be in tatters with the on-loan Cardiff City striker set to be dropped following a row over interest from FA Cup rivals Plymouth.

Healey has impressed since his move up the M4 from the Bluebirds, bagging six goals to boost hopes of staving off relegation from League Two and helping to put the Exiles in with a chance of a money-spinning FA Cup clash with Liverpool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Why has this lad not been given a chance here at CITY ???

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Why has this lad not been given a chance here at CITY ???

Urr ... because he's obviously thought not to be good enough by the the previous and present manger.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 am

are they allowed to approach him without our say so?

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 am

Hes 22 got 6 goals in 18 league 2 games probably not gonna cut it in the championship. We should but a large sell on clause in any deal if he is sold