Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' STAFF/PLAYERS/FRIENDS/EVEN OWNERS/DIRECTORS/MEDIA '

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 am

' STAFF/PLAYERS/FRIENDS/EVEN OWNERS/DIRECTORS/MEDIA '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... torsmedia/

I've always said you would be shocked who reads the forums.

I know the backroom staff at Cardiff City read the forums especially after away games on the coach home,they even tell the players what the fans thought of them after a game,some even make it the first thing they do on their way back.

Ex City players like Andy Legg,Jason Perry,Phil Dwyer,Andy Campbell, Warren Feeney etc have looked on them.

The media look on them daily for news/gossip and get many of their stories from them.

Even ticket office and shop staff look daily on them.

From our CEO,to Steve Borley to Sam Hammam have looked on them and as we know Steve use to be a regular poster.

When the Rebrand went wrong, Tan was given weekly updates on what was being said.

I know Craig Bellamy has read this one,he's told me personally that he has.

So you would be shocked how much forums are looked at and used for info/gossip etc and to see what people think of them.

Just look at this below in todays Daily Mail, what Neil Warnock Wifes says :thumbright: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCKS WIFE:

It is early October and Neil Warnock is chatting on the phone to his wife Sharon. She is stunned by something she saw on the internet.

Her husband, who has just accepted the manager’s job at Cardiff City, listens as she explains.

‘Darling, you’ll never believe what I’ve been reading,’ she says. ‘I’ve been on the Cardiff forums and all the fan websites.’

The Bluebirds boss was wanted by fans - as his wife noticed on plenty of Cardiff fan forums

‘What did you do that for?’ he asks. ‘You are sad looking at those blinking things, darling, come on now.’

‘No, you don’t understand,’ she says. ‘I’ve been reading them and everybody likes you at Cardiff. I can’t believe it, they like you. All these fans say they actually like you.’

The Bluebird telling the tale two months on has laughed himself red. Warnock is talking about why it felt right to abort his latest trip into retirement to manage a relegation contender 200 miles from the family home in Cornwall, where Sharon is being treated for breast cancer.

‘I’ll never forget my wife on the phone telling me, in this right shocked voice, “Can’t believe it, they like you”,’ he says.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... torsmedia/ :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' STAFF/PLAYERS/FRIENDS/EVEN OWNERS/DIRECTORS/MEDIA '

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Well if Mrs Warnock is reading this I hope she gets better soon and has a wonderful Xmas! Many thanks for loaning us your Neil! We do indeed love him down here!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Makes u wonder why anyone wld sign for us with most of the drabbe on message boards.. Mind u, must be same with every club.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Of course they do, maybe not fully but no doubt at times. With regards media, they wouldn't be doing a job properly if they didn't. How many times has one of us written a post only for an article to appear a few days later. :thumbup:

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Like to think I had a part in Trollopes sacking.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Like to think I had a part in Trollopes sacking.

Mate, I heard from a good source from within the club that Mr. Tan took immediate action with regards to Trollopes position after reading your posts.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Like to think I had a part in Trollopes sacking.

Mate, I heard from a good source from within the club that Mr. Tan took immediate action with regards to Trollopes position after reading your posts.

Music to my ears. :laughing5:

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Kevin mcnaughton if your reading this, I'm bringing my wife to your testimonial game - she's yours!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 pm

The " CHOO CHOO TRAIN " Has been quiet of late :o

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:25 am

Too true. I remember being up in the media room at Middlesbrough a few years back and, before kick off, remember seeing Steve Tucker trawling through this forum. Just made me laugh a bit.