' MP'S Vote for Brexit Overwhelmingly '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Passed by 461 votes to 89.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... -end-March

BREXIT VICTORY: Remoaner plot CRUSHED as MPs vote to APPROVE triggering of Article 50

A REMOANER plot to delay divorce talks with Brussels was crushed tonight as MPs overwhelmingly voted to support Theresa May's timetable for triggering Article 50 by the end of March.

By Nick Gutteridge

Wed, Dec 7, 2016

In a landslide victory for Brexiteers a Government amendment binding MPs to respect the prime minister's Brexit timetable in return for a greater role in the negotiations passed by 461 votes to 89.

The history defining paragraph states that parliament "calls on the Government to invoke Article 50 by 31 March 2017" - effectively ending any Remoaner plot to indefinity delay divorce talks with Brussels.

It also basically makes the current Supreme Court proceedings over whether or not Mrs May can trigger Article 50 without parliament's consent redundant, because MPs are now signed up to starting the process anyway.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mps vote for brexit overwhelmingly

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 pm

So 89 MP's vote against something that was decided in a national referendum where 17.5 million people were in favour of us leaving the EU. Since this country is supposed to be democracy, perhaps they are in the wrong job.
Steve Zodiak

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:So 89 MP's vote against something that was decided in a national referendum where 17.5 million people were in favour of us leaving the EU. Since this country is supposed to be democracy, perhaps they are in the wrong job.
I guess it was all the snp,Welsh labour and the racist Abbot and her mob
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:So 89 MP's vote against something that was decided in a national referendum where 17.5 million people were in favour of us leaving the EU. Since this country is supposed to be democracy, perhaps they are in the wrong job.

Wez,they sure are.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Passed by 461 votes to 89.

The 89 MPs who voted AGAINST Brexit

CONSERVATIVE - 1

Ken Clarke (Rushcliffe)

LABOUR - 23

Rushanara Ali (Bethnal Green and Bow)

Graham Allen (Nottingham North)

Ben Bradshaw (Exeter)

Ann Coffey (Stockport)

Neil Coyle (Bermondsey and Old Southwark)

Stella Creasy (Walthamstow)

Geraint Davies (Swansea West)

Jim Dowd (Lewisham West and Penge)

Louise Ellman (Liverpool Riverside)

Chris Evans (Islwyn)

Paul Farrelly (Newcastle-under-Lyme)

Mike Gapes (Ilford South)

Helen Hayes (Dulwich and West Norwood)

Meg Hillier (Hackney South and Shoreditch)

Peter Kyle (Hove)

David Lammy (Tottenham)

Chris Leslie (Nottingham East)

Ian Murray (Edinburgh South)

Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield)

Tulip Siddiq (Hampstead and Kilburn)

Angela Smith (Penistone and Stocksbridge)

Catherine West (Hornsey and Wood Green)

Daniel Zeichner (Cambridge)

LIBERAL DEMOCRAT - 5

Alistair Carmichael (Orkney and Shetland)

Nick Clegg (Sheffield Hallam)

Tim Farron (Westmorland and Lonsdale)

Sarah Olney (Richmond Park)

Mark Williams (Ceredigion)

GREEN PARTY - 1

Caroline Lucas (Brighton Pavilion)

SDLP - 3

Mark Durkam (Foyle)

Alasdair McDonnell (Belfast South)

Margaret Ritchie (South Down)

INDEPENDENT - 2

Natalie McGarry (Glasgow East)

Michelle Thomson (Edinburgh West)

PLAID CYMRU - 3

Jonathan Edwards (Carmarthen East and Dinefwr)

Liz Saville Roberts (Dwyfor Meirionnydd)

Hywel Williams (Arfon)

SNP - 51

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh (Ochil and South Perthshire)

Hannah Bardell (Livingston)

Mhairi Black (Paisley and Renfrewshire South)

Ian Blackford (Ross, Skye and Lochaber)

Kirsty Blackman (Aberdeen North)

Philip Boswell (Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill)

Deidre Brock (Edinburgh North and Leith)

Alan Brown (Kilmarnock and Loudoun)

Lisa Cameron (East Kilbridge, Strathaven and Lesmahagow)

Douglas Chapman (Dunfermline and West Fife)

Joanna Cherry (Edinburgh South West)

Ronnie Cowan (Inverclyde)

Angela Crawley (Lanark and Hamilton East)

Martyn Day (Linlithgow and East Falkirk)

Martin Docherty-Hughes (West Dunbartonshire)

Stuart Blair Donaldson (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)

Marion Fellows (Motherwell and Wishaw)

Margaret Ferrier (Rutherglen and Hamilton West)

Stephen Gethins (North East Fife)

Patricia Gibson (North Ayrshire and Arran)

Patrick Grady (Glasgow North)

Peter Grant (Glenrothes)

Neil Gray (Airdrie and Shotts)

Drew Hendry (Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey)

Stewart Hosie (Dundee East)

George Kerevan (East Lothian)

Calum Kerr (Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk)

Chris Law (Dundee West)

Angus Brendan MacNeil (Na h-Eileanan an Iar)

John McNally (Falkirk)

Callum McCaig (Aberdeen South)

Stuart McDonald (Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East)

Anne McLaughlin (Glasgow North East)

Carol Monaghan (Glasgow North West)

Paul Monaghan (Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross)

Roger Mullin (Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath)

Gavin Newlands (Paisley and Renfrewshire North)

John Nicolson (East Dunbartonshire)

Brendan O'Hara (Argyll and Bute)

Kirsten Oswald (East Renfrewshire)

Steven Paterson (Stirling)

Angus Robertson (Moray)

Alex Salmond (Gordon)

Tommy Sheppard (Edinburgh East)

Chris Stephens (Glasgow South West)

Alison Thewliss (Glasgow Central)

Mike Weir (Angus)

Eilidh Whitford (Banff and Buchan)

Corri Wilson (Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock)

Pete Wishart (Perth and North Perthshire)
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ' MP'S Vote for Brexit Overwhelmingly '

Postby dogfound » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Abbot not on list :o
dogfound

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:15 pm

dogfound wrote:Abbot not on list :o

Hi Roathy. :wave: :sleepy2:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:17 pm

dogfound wrote:Abbot not on list :o

Agree few didnt vote
wez1927

Postby griff105 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Most of them voted the way of the constituents I think?
Kind of understand the logic, not sure I agree with it.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:32 pm

griff105 wrote:Most of them voted the way of the constituents I think?
Kind of understand the logic, not sure I agree with it.

So they should leave won and the government should get on with the will of the people the European has raped Britain for long enough
wez1927

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 pm

I don't mind them representing the views of their constituencies if they wanted to remain. But they should NOT stop it happening. I respect people wanted to remain but IMO the correct way to campaign for this is to try and make the best of brevet and then do what UKIP did for donkeys years, campaign to reverse the situation i.e. if they truly believe we should be in the EU they need to campaign for us to re enter. We need to have a chance to be outside first though. We need to have the chance to make a go of it.

Oh and I am really getting hacked off by the casual label of all those wanting out are racist. Sorry I just don't see the logic at all in that!!! I fail to see how not wanting to be part of a political union makes someone racist. Were the polish racist for not wanting to stay in the soviet union?? What about the pakistanis that wanted to leave india? Or the catalans that want out of spain. Racist??
welshrarebit

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:10 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I don't mind them representing the views of their constituencies if they wanted to remain. But they should NOT stop it happening. I respect people wanted to remain but IMO the correct way to campaign for this is to try and make the best of brevet and then do what UKIP did for donkeys years, campaign to reverse the situation i.e. if they truly believe we should be in the EU they need to campaign for us to re enter. We need to have a chance to be outside first though. We need to have the chance to make a go of it.

Oh and I am really getting hacked off by the casual label of all those wanting out are racist. Sorry I just don't see the logic at all in that!!! I fail to see how not wanting to be part of a political union makes someone racist. Were the polish racist for not wanting to stay in the soviet union?? What about the pakistanis that wanted to leave india? Or the catalans that want out of spain. Racist??

Hi Roathy :wave: :sleepy2:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:14 pm

:lol:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1481149464171.jpg
FB_IMG_1481149464171.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
wez1927

Postby jon1959 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wrong.
jon1959

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:12 am

Amused though I am of being accused of being roathy- I'm not. ☺

Not sure what was so offensive in what I said either but we aee entitled to an opinion. Mine is that I believe leaving the EU is a positive thing and has nothing to do with race. Have a good evening ☺
welshrarebit

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:27 am

Two Welsh Labour MPs, one Welsh Liberal Democrat, and the three Welsh Nationalists. Defied the democratically expressed wishes of the Welsh people. Breathtaking arrogance.

I actually voted to stay in the EU, though not with any great enthusiasm. (Lived in Italy for four years, much easier with an EU passport). The UK, overall, voted to leave, so that's what we should do, without too much delay. Brexit means Brexit!
llangainbluebird

Postby Bobbank59 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 am

Totally agree with both welshrarebit and llangainbluebird.
Brexit means Brexit and a lot of the remoaners try and wrongly use the racist card.
Bobbank59

Postby Jules » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 am

5 years since moving to West wales I am still yet to meet this AM for Ceredigion but it seems you don't get them knocking your door these days, lazy politicians, wonder how many took the 'abstain' route not to upset their masters?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby griff105 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:55 am

Jules wrote:5 years since moving to West wales I am still yet to meet this AM for Ceredigion but it seems you don't get them knocking your door these days, lazy politicians, wonder how many took the 'abstain' route not to upset their masters?

Ceredigion is Mid Wales (from Aberaeron up) !

If you want to see Mr Wiliams open a local news paper that has a 'worthy' cause article cos he'll be in the picture.
He was very keen on non intervention in Syria. Can't imagine he has many fans in Allepo.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:03 am

The Government amendment was backed by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour, which argued that it had secured a major concession from Mrs May by geting her to agree to more parliamentary scrutiny of her Brexit plans.

Shadow Brexit Minister Jenny Chapman told the debate: "There is no mandate for what is known as hard Brexit and there is no consensus for hard Brexit. How we leave is an urgent matter of policy that should be debated and decided in this house. This house must see the plan."

Calling on the Government to publish a detailed plan - some MPs are calling for a white paper - outlining its negotiating aims, she added: "This is what taking back control means. The Government is going to have to get used to it - with control comes accountability and the Government will no longer be able to hide behind the excuse that the EU made us do it, it will need to account for its own decisions."

The Government amendment was backed by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour, which argued that it had secured a major concession from Mrs May by geting her to agree to more parliamentary scrutiny of her Brexit plans.

Shadow Brexit Minister Jenny Chapman told the debate: "There is no mandate for what is known as hard Brexit and there is no consensus for hard Brexit. How we leave is an urgent matter of policy that should be debated and decided in this house. This house must see the plan."

Calling on the Government to publish a detailed plan - some MPs are calling for a white paper - outlining its negotiating aims, she added: "This is what taking back control means. The Government is going to have to get used to it - with control comes accountability and the Government will no longer be able to hide behind the excuse that the EU made us do it, it will need to account for its own decisions."

I don't think its ever been about whether we leave or not but how we leave.This is what the court case is all about.The government will now have their negotiated leave deal scrutinised by parliament instead of doing a secret deal without accountability.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluebird-77 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:08 am

Great news glad this is all sorted out and we going to move forward. Get the divorce sorted then we can carry on paying millions to the eu carry on with immigration carry on obeying most of they rules. Be just like before but a much more brutal raping of the country as we have no say in it.

Remind me again what we voted for in June oh sorry you can't because no one knows then the terms and still don't know them now. Surely you like a vote to make sure you get what you voted for and not stitched up like you will be? Absolutely crackers can't believe people are so gullible lol.
bluebird-77

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:32 am

bluebird-77 wrote:Great news glad this is all sorted out and we going to move forward. Get the divorce sorted then we can carry on paying millions to the eu carry on with immigration carry on obeying most of they rules. Be just like before but a much more brutal raping of the country as we have no say in it.

Remind me again what we voted for in June oh sorry you can't because no one knows then the terms and still don't know them now. Surely you like a vote to make sure you get what you voted for and not stitched up like you will be? Absolutely crackers can't believe people are so gullible lol.

Obviously the 17 million of us gullible thickies do not share your superior intelligence.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jules » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am

griff105 wrote:
Jules wrote:5 years since moving to West wales I am still yet to meet this AM for Ceredigion but it seems you don't get them knocking your door these days, lazy politicians, wonder how many took the 'abstain' route not to upset their masters?

If you want to see Mr Wiliams open a local news paper that has a 'worthy' cause article cos he'll be in the picture.
He was very keen on non intervention in Syria. Can't imagine he has many fans in Allepo.

And from Aberaeron down ?

and as for Allepo, well he got his wish there as yet again the UN and the like have been made to look like the toothless laughing stock that they are.

ps. the beeb news always says I'm between news areas so have a choice between mid or west, I read both.
Jules

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:04 am

Jules wrote:
griff105 wrote:

and as for Allepo, well he got his wish there as yet again the UN and the like have been made to look like the toothless laughing stock that they are.

ps. the beeb news always says I'm between news areas so have a choice between mid or west, I read both.

Aberaeron is in County of ceridigion ! Mid Wales is an area covering several counties not sure if you are from Aberaeron you would say your from mid Wales?
pembroke allan

Postby bluebird-77 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:39 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:Great news glad this is all sorted out and we going to move forward. Get the divorce sorted then we can carry on paying millions to the eu carry on with immigration carry on obeying most of they rules. Be just like before but a much more brutal raping of the country as we have no say in it.

Obviously the 17 million of us gullible thickies do not share your superior intelligence.

So tell me Steve what brexit is?? I'll be kind give you 24 hours so you can research it. Lol.
What a whopper.
bluebird-77

Postby LostBlue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 am

Oh you poor gullible fools. Brexit happened for one reason and one reason only, because a lot of rich people stand to get even richer.

They want to turn us into America, where the gap in wealth is so ridiculous I can't even put it into words, but you were all fed the stories and you all fell for them hook line and sinker.

When you grandkids and their kids can't afford anything other than the basics (rent, bills, food etc) when they can only get part time work and when there are riots on the streets which make the London riots look like a kids tea party, maybe then you will realise what a mistake this is.
LostBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

bluebird-77 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So tell me Steve what brexit is?? I'll be kind give you 24 hours so you can research it. Lol.
What a whopper.

Nobody knows for sure what will happen when we leave, not even the PM or the rest of Europe. How could they? It's never happened before and yet you appear to be the one person who knows what will happen. I'm still waiting for the emergency budget that would have to happen almost immediately after a "leave vote". Still waiting for our economy to disintegrate, and all the other things that we were told would happen if we voted out.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:07 pm

leaving the EU is the most complicated impossible thing in the history of mankind.yep anyone who believes that is gullible.
its just spin to convert the {thickos}, trouble is it seems all those {thickos } that voted out can see it as just spin.
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 pm

LostBlue wrote:Oh you poor gullible fools. Brexit happened for one reason and one reason only, because a lot of rich people stand to get even richer.

They want to turn us into America, where the gap in wealth is so ridiculous I can't even put it into words, but you were all fed the stories and you all fell for them hook line and sinker.

When you grandkids and their kids can't afford anything other than the basics (rent, bills, food etc) when they can only get part time work and when there are riots on the streets which make the London riots look like a kids tea party, maybe then you will realise what a mistake this is.

It was the rich people who wanted to remain. They are worried what will happen to their investments during the period of uncertainty that is bound to follow. I was not a kid when we were'nt part of this community. I had already left school and was working full time. We had the same moans then about our NHS, our traffic congestion, our salaries not keeping pace with inflation, tax etc., but we made our own decisions and were not tied down with EU red tape. There were no riots on the streets then(Northern Ireland apart), that happened long after we became part of the EU. We joined the Common Market which was all about making trade easier, and I thought it a good thing. Not sure we would have voted to join if we knew what was in store for us long term.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jules » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Jules wrote:
griff105 wrote:

Aberaeron is in County of ceridigion ! Mid Wales is an area covering several counties not sure if you are from Aberaeron you would say your from mid Wales?

I agree Pembroke Allen but I don't get the 'Aberaeron up' bit in Griff106 post ?
Jules

Next

Return to General Chat