Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SWANSEA CITIES FUTURE LOOKS MORE CERTAIN THAN OURS!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:06 pm

FAO Proud Jack- There are no certainties at present but it seems much easier to predict what Swansea's future is shaping up to than ours!

I could be wrong but I am going to look into my Crystal ball and gaze at where I think things are heading for our fellow Welshman down the road! :shock:

Well one thing can be said about the Jacks their future looks alot more certain than ours!

What happens if Swansea get relegated? Well there are many effects on the club and its fans and its all negative and looking more likely by the day! . 8-)

Emotionally the players and glory supporters are affected a lot. There is a level of prestige and luck for them in playing in the top league and it appears to have run out! This sudden drop to a lower league status results in a shift of behaviour of the fans towards the club. (I think we can already see this Circus kicking in!) :lol:

Financial Instability: Better league = Higher income!
When most teams get promoted, they increase wages and bonuses of their players. But on relegation they don't reduce it, to try and retain their players. (They will struggle to keep players when relegated! They wont be able to "do a Newcastle!"

The lower income results in losses and hence lower transfers in the transfer window Swansea wont be able to manage this financial instability and go into debt and once they enter this vicious circle, they will find it hard to get out of it! Unlike teams like Cardiff City which grow in financial stability by the day and look to be debt free by 2020 :happy1:

Players will leave for other better offers from top leagues/ clubs which puts more pressure on Swansea!

Team and Squad: Already severley pi&£ed off the top players will leave the club when they get a good offer from other leagues. The Manager will most likely still be above his level! This will effect the club even more resulting in even more problems!! :thumbup:

The club that once thought of immediately getting promoted next season, will find it very difficult to do so in such a competative league as the Championship! Other teams with proper experienced Championship Managers like Cardiff City will be just be hitting their stride at this point!

Reduction in TV revenue: Playing in the top league means playing against better teams than lower leagues. This means better revenue from TV deals and hence better income. TV income is one of the biggest chunks of revenue for a club and this significantly drops on relegation. :laughing6:

Messed up Playing Calendar: Lower league teams play their matches not on weekends, but on Thursdays or Fridays. This is fine until you have matches in Cross League tournaments such as FA Cup. These tournaments schedule their matches to reduce the burden on the Top league teams and hence in turn increase it on the lower league ones. Lower league teams might have to play 2 matches in 3 days which is very hectic for the players! :P

More Matches: Lower leagues have more teams that top leagues and hence more matches. On an average they have 6 more matches per team every season which results in a jam packed season. This increases the risk of injuries. It literally becomes a game of "Survival of the Fittest" :?

These are some of the direct consequences of the vicious circle of relegation which every club battles to avoid and Swansea seems more threatened by the the day!

This will also equate to a six pointer for CCFC next season as Swansea weaken and buckle under the pressure from the glory supporting fans that remain. Cardiff will grow ever stronger with a better Manager than the tin pot flash in the pan club that is Swansea City! :wave: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D

Re: SWANSEA CITIES FUTURE LOOKS MORE CERTAIN THAN OURS!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 pm

I agree with every word.
The game against Sunderland this weekend is vitaly important to both teams. A draw will suit Sunderland , but anything less than a win for Swansea, will make life ever so hard for them over the busy Xmas period.
They probably need 20 points by January 1st , to have any chance in the second half of the season, of staying up.
11 points from 5 games, that's league winning form .

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:57 pm

It took me ages to read that with the tears running down my face

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:43 pm

lyndipops wrote:FAO Proud Jack- There are no certainties at present but it seems much easier to predict what Swansea's future is shaping up to than ours!

I could be wrong but I am going to look into my Crystal ball and gaze at where I think things are heading for our fellow Welshman down the road! :shock:

Well one thing can be said about the Jacks their future looks alot more certain than ours!

What happens if Swansea get relegated? Well there are many effects on the club and its fans and its all negative and looking more likely by the day! . 8-)

Emotionally the players and glory supporters are affected a lot. There is a level of prestige and luck for them in playing in the top league and it appears to have run out! This sudden drop to a lower league status results in a shift of behaviour of the fans towards the club. (I think we can already see this Circus kicking in!) :lol:

Financial Instability: Better league = Higher income!
When most teams get promoted, they increase wages and bonuses of their players. But on relegation they don't reduce it, to try and retain their players. (They will struggle to keep players when relegated! They wont be able to "do a Newcastle!"

The lower income results in losses and hence lower transfers in the transfer window Swansea wont be able to manage this financial instability and go into debt and once they enter this vicious circle, they will find it hard to get out of it! Unlike teams like Cardiff City which grow in financial stability by the day and look to be debt free by 2020 :happy1:

Players will leave for other better offers from top leagues/ clubs which puts more pressure on Swansea!

Team and Squad: Already severley pi&£ed off the top players will leave the club when they get a good offer from other leagues. The Manager will most likely still be above his level! This will effect the club even more resulting in even more problems!! :thumbup:

The club that once thought of immediately getting promoted next season, will find it very difficult to do so in such a competative league as the Championship! Other teams with proper experienced Championship Managers like Cardiff City will be just be hitting their stride at this point!

Reduction in TV revenue: Playing in the top league means playing against better teams than lower leagues. This means better revenue from TV deals and hence better income. TV income is one of the biggest chunks of revenue for a club and this significantly drops on relegation. :laughing6:

Messed up Playing Calendar: Lower league teams play their matches not on weekends, but on Thursdays or Fridays. This is fine until you have matches in Cross League tournaments such as FA Cup. These tournaments schedule their matches to reduce the burden on the Top league teams and hence in turn increase it on the lower league ones. Lower league teams might have to play 2 matches in 3 days which is very hectic for the players! :P

More Matches: Lower leagues have more teams that top leagues and hence more matches. On an average they have 6 more matches per team every season which results in a jam packed season. This increases the risk of injuries. It literally becomes a game of "Survival of the Fittest" :?

These are some of the direct consequences of the vicious circle of relegation which every club battles to avoid and Swansea seems more threatened by the the day!

This will also equate to a six pointer for CCFC next season as Swansea weaken and buckle under the pressure from the glory supporting fans that remain. Cardiff will grow ever stronger with a better Manager than the tin pot flash in the pan club that is Swansea City! :wave: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D

Omg! :o So what you're saying is that if we get relegated this season, it will affect us more than any other club in the history of relegations in the whole wide world ever! :laughing6: ...................And you actually took the time to type that out as well! .........Oh, and you're a mod! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:14 pm

They are in dog fight for sure but there is a long way to go yet.

Had a look at their fixtures and the next 5 are vital, they have a run of 4 games through March aswell which have 6 pointers written all over them and Sunderland away on the last day.

I think they need to be looking at taking 7 points at least from the next 5 games.

I see Jenkins has come out today and admitted mistakes, be interesting to see if they get rid of Bradley and bring in someone like Allardyce and give him a few quid.

They have had a good run at it whatever happens now, my feeling is they will go down unless Jenkins gets the Yanks to get rid of Bradley and bring in someone whos knows the Premiership

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 am

Time will tell........

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:27 am

Just a quick point about the parachute payments, they are there to ease the financial burden of relagation, how the yanks use will be the interesting aspect .
They paid 68 mill for the club another 100 mill possibly if relegated, I call that quids in Boys well played .

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:39 am

princebluegaz wrote:Just a quick point about the parachute payments, they are there to ease the financial burden of relagation, how the yanks use will be the interesting aspect .
They paid 68 mill for the club another 100 mill possibly if relegated, I call that quids in Boys well played .

Not strictly true. Parachute payments are blocked by the FA if owners are suspected of taking them out of the club. In any case they only own 68% of the club so could only take 68% of it even if they did issue a bumper dividend (which they can't), with the supporters trust then receiving the other £32 million. This is also over a period of 3 years, in which the payments would clearly have to go on the day to day running costs of the club, otherwise there will be no club to take the parachute payments from even if they could.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:24 pm

as much as id enjoy watching them get relegated i dont think anything is a certainty yet, they are three points away from safety. on the plus side they have a bunch of american dicks running the club and that along with bradley in charge will take them down imo but lets not mock them to much yet we are pretty much bottom of the championship we aint really in a position to point a finger yet. i look forward to the derby next yr tho

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Let's not speak too soon ffs!

There 3 points away from safety with a transfer window ahead of them. If they invest wisely they could well stay up.