Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LAST NIGHT 30 FANS EJECTED/1 ARRESTED FOR BURGER & 13

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:16 am

Man City v Celtic: Supporter arrested for throwing burger at police horse and 30 supporters ejected

A Celtic fan who threw a hamburger at a police horse was among 13 arrests before tonight's match at Manchester City.

BBC

Wednesday 7th December 2016

A Celtic fan was arrested for throwing a hamburger at a police horse before the Scottish club's Champions League fixture at Manchester City on Tuesday.

Greater Manchester Police said the incident was one of 14 arrests made in connection with the game.

There were also reports of fans setting off fireworks on Greater Manchester's tram network.

The match at the Etihad finished 1-1 with City progressing to the knock-out stages and Celtic going out of Europe.

Superintendent Craig Thompson said the game passed "largely without incident".

About 30 people were ejected from the stadium - mostly away supporters for sitting in the home end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LAST NIGHT 30 FANS EJECTED/ 1 ARRESTED FOR BURGER '

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:17 am

Supporters banging, stomping and chanting on packed tram - but after news of the hamburger arrest one fan tweeted police: "I bet you relished the opportunity to arrest"

Daily Mirror

Wednesday 7th December 2016

A Celtic fan who threw a hamburger at a police horse was among 13 arrests before tonight's match at Manchester City.

In the bizarre incident, Greater Manchester Police reported the supporter was arrested before the Champions League clash, which ended 1-1.

GMP city centre tweeted: “Celtic fan arrested for throwing a hamburger at a police horse in Piccadilly Gardens. Male started kicking about in the van! #nightinacell”

Fans responded in jest on Twitter, with one saying: "Was the hamburger OK?" while another added: "I bet you relished the opportunity to arrest him."

A police spokesman added: "At around 4pm on Tuesday 6 December 2016, a 27-year-old man was arrested in Piccadilly Gardens on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.

"This was following an incident where a burger was thrown at a police horse taking part in the match day operation ahead of the Manchester City v Celtic match at the Etihad."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LAST NIGHT 30 FANS EJECTED/1 ARRESTED FOR BURGER & 13

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:21 am

Celtic Fans in Manchester Town Centre last night
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0q902jPiw

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:24 am

Celtic fans away at Man City last night

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:25 am

Celtic fans away at Man City last night

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:43 am

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Only 4,000 for the short trip to Manchester, pathetic. Perhaps they're worried the Paedo ring that operated from the Big Jock Knew Camp is about to be exposed in the media, links to Beast clergy and even Jimmy Saville time to shut them down.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:27 pm

I don't support either team, and can't understand why Welsh people do. There was nothing on last night's game, I'm sure Celtic would have taken far far more if there was.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Jock your bitterness and hatred reminds of why I vowed never to return to an old firm game.The ingrained medieval attitudes of entrenched age old belief structures baffles most normal people and the evils of Northern Ireland are mirrored and erupt each time these teams meet, shameful and unbecoming civilized society. There are many decent Rangers and Celtic fans it is a pity the morons seem to win.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Jock,would love to see you standing in the canton with your union jack singing rule Britannia sure that would go down well,think you are on the wrong forum

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Jock has followed the city since the mid seventies.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Jock your bitterness and hatred reminds of why I vowed never to return to an old firm game.The ingrained medieval attitudes of entrenched age old belief structures baffles most normal people and the evils of Northern Ireland are mirrored and erupt each time these teams meet, shameful and unbecoming civilized society. There are many decent Rangers and Celtic fans it is a pity the morons seem to win.

What went on at Celtic Park is the overriding reason for my hate, hopefully journalists from outwith Scotlnd will do what the Scottish media have failed to do and expose what the Bheasts covered up.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:44 pm

hate the pair of the shit houses :evil: