UPDATED ' Adel Taarabt asks to join Cardiff City '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 pm

' Adel Taarabt asks to join Cardiff City '

Adel taarabt has asked to join Cardiff City however Warnocks reply was 'Adel '"I've seen how unfit you are' not sure if anything will come of it mind."

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

UPDATED

Benfica's Adel Taarabt 'in talks with several clubs' about a transfer

Adel Taarabt is in talks with several teams about a move away from Benfica.

Taarabt, 27, signed a five-year contract with Benfica in 2015 but has failed to break into the Portuguese side's starting XI.

He told France Football: "I just want a club that has trust in me. We are in talks with several clubs."

"The situation here is difficult. At first it was an interesting challenge, they wanted me as a replacement for Nico Gaitan but he stayed and only joined Atletico Madrid this summer.

"On top of that, when I signed Jorge Jesus was coach but then, a month later, he joined Sporting CP. A new coach arrived [Rui Vitoria] and I do not fit into his plans.

"I train and train but he does not give me a chance, even in friendly matches. I am not a player he chooses."

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... diff-city/ :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
nintchdbpict000148923200-e1471944565613.jpg
nintchdbpict000148923200-e1471944565613.jpg (77.17 KiB) Viewed 12780 times
BluebirdsTilIDie

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Adel taarabt asks to join cardiff

Postby wez1927 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Adel taarabt has asked to join Cardiff city however warnocks reply was 'Adel I've seen how unfit you are' not sure if anything will come of it mind.

If he was fit a great signing but can't see him being fit
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:48 pm

I can't believe he's only 27
wez1927

Postby City Slicker » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Adel taarabt has asked to join Cardiff city however warnocks reply was 'Adel I've seen how unfit you are' not sure if anything will come of it mind.

If he was fit a great signing but can't see him being fit

Put him on the Cambridge Diet
City Slicker

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:01 am

I don't know where he's been recently but remember Harry Redknapp saying something about him when he was at QPR.

Think his exact words were: "I could have run about more than he did." And something about him not wanting to train.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:11 am

He's been playing at benfica reserves coz of an interview slaggin the club off think they want rid quick
wez1927

Re: ' Adel Taarabt asks to join Cardiff City '

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 am

Known for a shit attitude and upsetting squad mentality. .. no thanks.
WelshPatriot

Postby ashi83 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am

we should steer well clear.
Cheering the boys from thousands of miles away!
ashi83

Postby Double G » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 am

If the wages was cheap and we could get him fit, he would rip this league apart.
Pay as you play deal would be the ideal situation.
Warnock would build the team around him, but would be like playing with 10 at times.
That's the impression I got from Warnocks biography which is an excellent read :thumbright:

Warnock certainly would be the type to sort him out. Would be a great signing I think. But maybe for end of season/start of next season. But unfortunately I don't believe we have time for it due to the position we find ourselves in at moment due to previous management. Surely he cant be that unfit
Double G

Re: UPDATED ' Adel Taarabt asks to join Cardiff City '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:07 am

Neil Warnock has revealed that former AC Milan midfielder Adel Taarabt asked him about the possibility of playing for Cardiff.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

But it does not look like Warnock wants him, Taarabt played for Warnock,when Warnock was QPR manager.

Benfica's Adel Taarabt 'in talks with several clubs' about a transfer

Adel Taarabt is in talks with several teams about a move away from Benfica.

Taarabt, 27, signed a five-year contract with Benfica in 2015 but has failed to break into the Portuguese side's starting XI.

He told France Football: "I just want a club that has trust in me. We are in talks with several clubs."

"The situation here is difficult. At first it was an interesting challenge, they wanted me as a replacement for Nico Gaitan but he stayed and only joined Atletico Madrid this summer.

"On top of that, when I signed Jorge Jesus was coach but then, a month later, he joined Sporting CP. A new coach arrived [Rui Vitoria] and I do not fit into his plans.

"I train and train but he does not give me a chance, even in friendly matches. I am not a player he chooses."
Attachments
nintchdbpict000079510615.jpg
nintchdbpict000079510615.jpg (164.04 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby mugsy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

Don't touch him with a bargepole!
mugsy

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 am

its a no brainer for offering a pay as a you play contract.
He dont turn up and make effort, he dont get paid. Simple.
bluebird7291

Postby BluebirdForever » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Most definitely would take him on. Warnock is the person who brought the best out of him and he can do it again. Yes, Taraabt has had a crap attitude here and there by is it a crap attitude expressing that you WANT to join and play for a club? We've seen what this player can do, he can be absolutely unstoppable if he fulfils his potential and the factors i have just mentioned (the manager, intent to play for the club) are the perfect elements to fulfil said potential.
BluebirdForever

Postby GummiTheBluebird » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:46 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Most definitely would take him on. Warnock is the person who brought the best out of him and he can do it again. Yes, Taraabt has had a crap attitude here and there by is it a crap attitude expressing that you WANT to join and play for a club? We've seen what this player can do, he can be absolutely unstoppable if he fulfils his potential and the factors i have just mentioned (the manager, intent to play for the club) are the perfect elements to fulfil said potential.

take him all day long. Warnock will put him on a pay as you play and bollock the life out of him if he don't try. Taarabt calls Warnock DAD lol
I Miss Phil Stant
I Miss Carl Dale
I Miss Nathan Blake
I Miss Ninian Park
I Miss The Grange End On A Wet Tuesday Night
I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE WAS A REAL BARMY ARMY
GummiTheBluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:34 pm

He is something we are crying out for bring him back to the levels when he was at QPR Neil. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Always remember him down here in the 2-2 draw where QPR played in Green / White, Bothroyd scored a worldy then so did Adel, hell of a player when fit, was way too good for this league so if Warnock can sort him out then he would be an asset :ayatollah:
Wolfpac

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Always remember him down here in the 2-2 draw where QPR played in Green / White, Bothroyd scored a worldy then so did Adel, hell of a player when fit, was way too good for this league so if Warnock can sort him out then he would be an asset :ayatollah:

Agree,we are talking about a world class player on his day
wez1927

Postby BlueMagic » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:40 pm

If his attitude was so bad and he couldnt be arsed wouldnt he be happy to collect his wages and sun it up in portugal?

By the sounds of it he wants to play, obviously trusts warnock, warnock got the best out of him and could do it again imo and if that happened we would have the best player in the league and he has all the attributes our team are missing, skill creativity and goals. Get him in on a short term contract pay as you play no brainer for me.
BlueMagic

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Always remember him down here in the 2-2 draw where QPR played in Green / White, Bothroyd scored a worldy then so did Adel, hell of a player when fit, was way too good for this league so if Warnock can sort him out then he would be an asset :ayatollah:

Aye my friend you are 110% right :ayatollah:

Think the game he scored 2 against us, we were 2-1 up in 71st min, lovely ball played to him in the air, he had 2 defenders on him with his back to goal just outside box, brings it down on chest, turns both players like they weren't even there then perfectly fired his shot low into the bottom corner past Marshy, great goal by a great player.
Wolfpac

Postby Hopski » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:26 pm

He would probably win us half a dozen games then go on his Greggs diet and implode. Temporary contract would do.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:

'On his day' is the important part there wez. Look what good ravel Morrison done us.

In the situation were in, give me a Don Cowie any day of the week we need team players not luxurys.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Oh and Zaha...
nubbsy

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Like Bothroyd was for Dave Jones, Taarabt is for Neil Warnock.

Even as a 50/50 risk it's a gamble worth taking in our position. You can say what you want about his attitude and what not, but as much as we pay to watch a team put in a shift, we also expect a bit of star-dust and this guy would be worth the entrance fee.
BrightBlueFuture

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:00 pm

World class :lol: :lol: :lol:
Messi is world class, silva is world class etc. etc.
This guy is a very talented player when he wants to be. I hate players with his natural talent but with a huge ego that doesn't give a shit.
We've gone down this route before with Morrison, Zaha and to a lesser degree Ameobi.
Just what we don't want in a relegation fight right now. Unfit, lazy and disruptive.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:World class :lol: :lol: :lol:
Messi is world class, silva is world class etc. etc.
This guy is a very talented player when he wants to be. I hate players with his natural talent but with a huge ego that doesn't give a shit.
We've gone down this route before with Morrison, Zaha and to a lesser degree Ameobi.
Just what we don't want in a relegation fight right now. Unfit, lazy and disruptive.

Bang on!
nubbsy

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:32 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Aye my friend you are 110% right :ayatollah:

Think the game he scored 2 against us, we were 2-1 up in 71st min, lovely ball played to him in the air, he had 2 defenders on him with his back to goal just outside box, brings it down on chest, turns both players like they weren't even there then perfectly fired his shot low into the bottom corner past Marshy, great goal by a great player.

Bywater was our keeper and truth be known was useless that day. Personally I feel an average keeper that day would have saved both those goals.

Taarabt is unfit and would struggle in the championship now. A no from me.
Bakedalasker

Postby griff105 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Sign for £1000 per week then add a £1000 for every kilo he loses :thumbright:
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 pm

A player who got to big for his boots at QPR and his world came crumbling down.. I actually wouldn't mind him if he actually knuckles down and works hard.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bedwas Bluebird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:03 am

I'd be happy to back Warnock's judgement on this and hopefully only with the right sort of deal. As for his attitude I can think of a few players in the past with questionable attitude. Bothroyd and Chopra weren't saints and neither was Koumas and let's not forget one of my all time favourites Robin Friday. These are the players that make you turn up. I hate that they have talent but sometimes can't be arsed but sometimes just sometimes they are worth the risk. What would this message board said if we were offered George Best back in the day?
Bedwas Bluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:41 am

He could be another Bothroyd for us and the comparisons are there for sue.

Hugely talented...... unfulfilled potential, lazy, attitude issue... sounds familiar?

Maybe Warnock could get out of Taarabt what Jones did out of Bothroyd.

Worth a gamble in my opinion.
AfricanBluebird

Next

Return to General Chat