Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Kevin Nicholson Leaves Cardiff City "

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:In the ten years up to 2010 the youth side produced 4 players who went onto be members of a side that got to the semis of the Euros- Gunter, Collins, Ledley and Ramsey- plus Earnie, Cameron Jerome and Adam Matthews. And I may have missed one or two others.

Since 2010? Enough said.

John ,Harris,Ralls have come through our development

We bought Harris from Wycombe when he was 18 I seem to remember so wrong again?

How old is he now? Haven't we developed him in the dvp ? Think about it and Ralls and John hmmmm so not wrong just c8z we didn't have them as a school boy doesn't mean we haven't developed them ffs

Joe Ralls was 15 when we signed him

Joe Ralls was 17 when he signed for us.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:52 pm

JJ1927 wrote:And even if Ralls, Harris and John did all came through the system that's a pretty poor return in seven years. They are Ok but none of them are in the same class as Ramsey, Ledley, Collins etc. We probably didn't realise at the time what a golden period this was. What a side we would have had if we had been able to hang on to them all at the same time.

Harris signed from Wycombe :thumbright:

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 am

wez1927 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:In the ten years up to 2010 the youth side produced 4 players who went onto be members of a side that got to the semis of the Euros- Gunter, Collins, Ledley and Ramsey- plus Earnie, Cameron Jerome and Adam Matthews. And I may have missed one or two others.

Since 2010? Enough said.

John ,Harris,Ralls have come through our development

We bought Harris from Wycombe when he was 18 I seem to remember so wrong again?

How old is he now? Haven't we developed him in the dvp ? Think about it and Ralls and John hmmmm so not wrong just c8z we didn't have them as a school boy doesn't mean we haven't developed them ffs

We hardly developed him when we paid a fee for him at 18. He had been playing for Wycombe since he was 16. They developed him. He was just a young signing for us. I believe you're wrong about Ralls age as well as the other posters have said.