Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Worse Dressers

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Had to be Brighton in my opinion went there in 83 think it was we lost 3-1. They were still in Harrington jackets crew cuts.Round about the time of trim trabbs paisley shirts deer stalkers Lois jeans. Demi wave shoulder length hair.

Re: The Worse Dressers

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 pm

The jacks have got be up there, some say the casual movement never even arrived in the place....embarrassing but I guess there was no shops there anyway

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:03 pm

goats wrote:The jacks have got be up there, some say the casual movement never even arrived in the place....embarrassing but I guess there was no shops there anyway

Jacks def one of the worst.

Pompey,Leeds,Chelsea,Wigan,Newport County were excellent dressers.

County had plenty of girl dressers.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 am

Have I logged on to the clothes show forum by mistake?? Lol.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 pm

I think casual culture was as big in Cardiff as any city in the U.K. I always remember seeing obscure adidas on the bob bank and wondering where they got them as I was well into them late 80's. not only would I find out about bizarre outlets like bolwells in Blackwood, obscure shops in London and even abroad, fans travelled all over to get them like clothes aswell. Away trips to the smoke often ended up as shopping trips as the match itself was overlooked. Shops like woodies, pavilion and chessman kept it going but most went far and wide to look the part. Something we used to love taking the piss out of the clueless jacks about as they bounced about in tight jeans and white socks long after the 80's had passed by.....

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Jacks were terrible skinny jeans white socks lol

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 pm

erinsown wrote:Jacks were terrible skinny jeans white socks lol

Tramps

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
erinsown wrote:Jacks were terrible skinny jeans white socks lol

Tramps

:D Were then. Are now. :thumbup:
And West Bromwich, Wolves and Stoke.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:28 pm

West Ham were all crew cuts and flight jackets - fearsome late 70s early 80's...

They were all about rucking, not shopping.