' CARDIFF CITY'S MAIN STRIKER? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:03 am

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... n-striker/ :thumbright: :thumbright:

For three years now Cardiff City have struggled upfront badly and this season once again City are again struggling,but this time City badly need the goals to stay in the Championship.

Rickie Lambert who is is currently out injured for the second time this season after joining Cardiff City from WBA at the beginning of this current season.

Lambert had just been getting back to full fitness after lengthy spells of injuries during his WBA football days, only scoring 1 goal in 2 years for WBA and only 1 goal for Liverpool in his season there.

Lambert is now aged 34 and is currently one of our highest paid players to believed to be on over £25,000 a week.

Lambert has this season in the Championship scored 4 goals in 12 appearances for Cardiff City.

Neil Warnock will this week find out how bad Lamberts latest injury is as Cardiff are struggling upfront badly.

Warnock has already stated a new striker this January is his number one priority.

Cardiff City currently have the following strikers on their books
Frédéric Gounongbe
Kenneth Zohore
Rhys Healey out on loan
Idriss Saadi out on loan

Opinions :thumbright:

Are you happy with Rickie Lambert?

Would you be looking for one our two new strikers in January?
Attachments
JS102740317.jpg
JS102740317.jpg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S MAIN STRIKER? '

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 am

When we signed him I said on this forum that fans better not expect too much from him. He was coming towards the end of his career, and unfortunately at his age you tend to pick up knocks a lot easier, and it takes a lot longer to recover from them. I fully expected him to be missing games regularly through injury, and that is why I predicted he was a 10 to 12 goal a season player at best. His hold up play is good, he will get a few goals, but he is not the answer to our dismal scoring record.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:When we signed him I said on this forum that fans better not expect too much from him. He was coming towards the end of his career, and unfortunately at his age you tend to pick up knocks a lot easier, and it takes a lot longer to recover from them. I fully expected him to be missing games regularly through injury, and that is why I predicted he was a 10 to 12 goal a season player at best. His hold up play is good, he will get a few goals, but he is not the answer to our dismal scoring record.

not sure what was going through trollopes head tbh. agree with all youve said. he is still a good player but not what was required
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:38 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:When we signed him I said on this forum that fans better not expect too much from him. He was coming towards the end of his career, and unfortunately at his age you tend to pick up knocks a lot easier, and it takes a lot longer to recover from them. I fully expected him to be missing games regularly through injury, and that is why I predicted he was a 10 to 12 goal a season player at best. His hold up play is good, he will get a few goals, but he is not the answer to our dismal scoring record.

Steve,it was nice to hear a big name for City,but for me Lambert was the answer and is still not.
I agree he can hold the ball well and is skilful, but a lot of money wasted in my opinion yet again.

I was very sceptical about signing a player past his sell by date and very injury prone.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Spot on Annis
Mr Moo Cow

Postby avondaleblue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Think we need 2 strikers in case of further injuries to Lambert, otherwise we could be playing Spanish formations 4-6-0.
avondaleblue

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,it was nice to hear a big name for City,but for me Lambert was the answer and is still not.
I agree he can hold the ball well and is skilful, but a lot of money wasted in my opinion yet again.

I was very sceptical about signing a player past his sell by date and very injury prone.

Quotes of " have his legs gone " " is he fit enough " are a few that have come from myself, am not usually overly critical of players and if I am it's only discussed at the pub or on the forum. I have stay Steve has summed it up above, he's impressed me a lot but it is what it is. His intelligence, hold up play and experience was evident at villa park where he had his best game in a city shirt. He can do a great job for us, will get us 10-12 goals but he won't play every match can't stretch defences and for me is a great squad player but not somebody to pin all your hopes. We all know this, so does Warnock. It is being addressed. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Reza » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Lambert isn't the problem lads we haven't given him the chances to put away,problem is at the age he's at now he's not going to run away from anyone so you rely on legs driving through from midfield and out wide to create space and options,given that Lambert will still get goals the problem is we need someone in midfield with a good engine but also good composure and technique who will get up and beyond Lambert or whoever we play up front,personally I think if we had someone like Dwight Gayle he'd struggle in this team,we don't play enough football on the deck to get the best out of that type of player
Always be blue
Reza

Postby wez1927 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Lambert is a very good striker but needs someone playing off him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Reza wrote:Lambert isn't the problem lads we haven't given him the chances to put away,problem is at the age he's at now he's not going to run away from anyone so you rely on legs driving through from midfield and out wide to create space and options,given that Lambert will still get goals the problem is we need someone in midfield with a good engine but also good composure and technique who will get up and beyond Lambert or whoever we play up front,personally I think if we had someone like Dwight Gayle he'd struggle in this team,we don't play enough football on the deck to get the best out of that type of player

Don't think anyone is disputing the fact that he is a good player, and that he will still get a few goals for us. The problem as I see it is that he will be in and out of the team all season. I know he will wake up in the morning after a match and be aching all over, and when you are younger those aches and pains quickly vanish and you are ready to go again. At his age, the next game comes around too quickly, and you end up getting yourself a minor strain which takes longer to get over than it would have a few years earlier. I think you will see him miss too many games to be a prolific scorer, but when he is able to play and providing he is not carrying any minor injury, he will certainly be good enough to do a job at this level.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluemun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

I think the Huddersfield game, with Hoilett playing much closer to him, proved that Lambert is still an asset. However, he can't play every game and Warnock got Chamakh as cover. What has happened to him ,so that Fred is picked in front of him? I expected much more from both him and Richardson.
bluemun

Return to General Chat