Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter whittingham

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 pm

People still slating whitts it's unbelievable. The more annoying fact is ralls is absolutely terrible all he offers is a pass backwards and side wards,he is a very flat player.Whitts is true quality there is no one in the championship with better delivery or passing. In my opinion whitts has been used as a scapegoat since our decline. Truly baffles me at the fact people say ralls is better than whitts. What are all your thoughts?

Re: Peter whittingham

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm a big fan of Whitts but yesterday he had a very poor game. Saying that, most of the team were not much better.
To be fair there's only a few who constantly slate him.
Whitts has more talent in his little toe than Ralls who only has youth. He runs around but creates virtually nothing compared to his partners assists etc.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:33 pm

It was a strange game yesterday, both teams shadow boxed for the first half, i reckon if it was a game of chess both managers would have shaken hands and called it a draw at half time.

We were physically dominant against Hudders but BHA more than matched us physically and bettered us for skill. To see Whitts at his best we need to be on the front foot, but with only one (league two) striker and two wingers helping the full backs it was an empty field in front of him.

I believe we need to play a second striker, but that would leave us weakened at the back at leave Gunnar and Whitts as 442 CMs which will all know doesn't work as neither can play that position as well as Ralls.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It was a strange game yesterday, both teams shadow boxed for the first half, i reckon if it was a game of chess both managers would have shaken hands and called it a draw at half time.

We were physically dominant against Hudders but BHA more than matched us physically and bettered us for skill. To see Whitts at his best we need to be on the front foot, but with only one (league two) striker and two wingers helping the full backs it was an empty field in front of him.

I believe we need to play a second striker, but that would leave us weakened at the back at leave Gunnar and Whitts as 442 CMs which will all know doesn't work as neither can play that position as well as Ralls.

Agree. Besides Whittinghams many assists and precise through balls which is his usual game, he also links play up and keeps things moving in the midfield and always makes himself available.
Yesterday we played with Fred up front as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 whilst against Huddersfield Hoilett was playing just behind Lambert in a central role.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:34 am

Saturday was not the game for Whitts to showcase his talent but there were a few examples where he showed his commitment to the cause.

The best example was when he took a booking to save Connolly, already on a booking, from being left 1 on 1 against Knockheart.

Great defensive cover from Whitts and good support for a team mate right when he needed it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Has that Knockheart played against (at home) before ? He is just what we need

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Some games don't suit witts, and he won't play well every match. Has his flaws like every player in the championship but a Cardiff legend who's been in good form under Warnock. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 pm

400 games for the club-100 goals a true club legend great to see in the modeern game players staying loyal to a club :bluebird: - and still worth a start every week at the city