Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is Warnock getting a free pass?

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:41 pm

I think he is getting a lot more patience and time even though he has only been here for just over a month and a bit but the credentials he has would fill anyone in with confidence in the position we are in he can keep us up.

For me under Trollope there is one thing losing a game but then there's not showing desire or the real effort to go out and win games, Trollope was non reactive and there was one game where he waited until the 80th to make a second sub when he needed something, think it may have been Leeds at home.. the players showed no responsibility and character to get out of trouble for me is what managers/coaches are meant to do.. when the going gets tough the manager/coach should be reminding these players to keep battling to get our just rewards.. we gone away to Newcastle and was 2-0 down and managed to contain them and get a goal back and try and push for a draw.. we was toe to toe with Villa before their quality and fitness shown by them countering in the last minute to get a penalty... with Warnock we show we can create chances and get goals.. we look dangerous on the counter attack because of the pace we have in Hoilett. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:Sack the c@nt. we should have beaten Newscatle and Villa with ease.

$arcasm.

trouble is it seems a few fans actually thought the turn around would be imediate and complete and we should be beating those clubs away.
Trollope gets 5pts from his first 7 games, Warnock doubles that tally but we are giving him a free pass.???????????????????????????????????????

I think you are missing the point of the thread. My point is if Warnock was not the manager, and someone else without "a name" was at the helm - yet results exactly the same - I think the discontent towards the manager would be a lot higher than it is now. Others in the thread have understood the concept and put forward ideas as to why this undoubtedly is the case, which is what I was trying to find out.

We as a fanbase have a tendancy to want to blame other for the misgivings of "the name". I don't think we SHOULD have beaten Newcastle but as lowly Blackburn proved, we most certainy could have. Villa are also not one of the top sides in the division so cannot be happy losing 3-1 away again people are blinded by a name there, they were bottom half amd deservedly so when we played them. We can beat any side in this division so cannot accept that being 23rd is ok.

I am not suggesting he is no better than Trollope, of course he is - results prove that. But better does always mean good enough. If we are still 23rd come Jan/Feb what happens then? Are we then allowed to question him or do we still continue to blame others - as we have up until now (unless its a manager that is less of a cult figure of course, in which they seem to be fair game at any point in their career with us)? Genuine question.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:25 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:Sack the c@nt. we should have beaten Newscatle and Villa with ease.

$arcasm.

trouble is it seems a few fans actually thought the turn around would be imediate and complete and we should be beating those clubs away.
Trollope gets 5pts from his first 7 games, Warnock doubles that tally but we are giving him a free pass.???????????????????????????????????????

I think you are missing the point of the thread. My point is if Warnock was not the manager, and someone else without "a name" was at the helm - yet results exactly the same - I think the discontent towards the manager would be a lot higher than it is now. Others in the thread have understood the concept and put forward ideas as to why this undoubtedly is the case, which is what I was trying to find out.

We as a fanbase have a tendancy to want to blame other for the misgivings of "the name". I don't think we SHOULD have beaten Newcastle but as lowly Blackburn proved, we most certainy could have. Villa are also not one of the top sides in the division so cannot be happy losing 3-1 away again people are blinded by a name there, they were bottom half amd deservedly so when we played them. We can beat any side in this division so cannot accept that being 23rd is ok.

I am not suggesting he is no better than Trollope, of course he is - results prove that. But better does always mean good enough. If we are still 23rd come Jan/Feb what happens then? Are we then allowed to question him or do we still continue to blame others - as we have up until now (unless its a manager that is less of a cult figure of course, in which they seem to be fair game at any point in their career with us)? Genuine question.

i dont see anyone getting the concept tbh.........free pass is what youve said ?..Villa are not a top side?....20 pts from their last 10 games including playing and not losing to the current top 3 sugests they are top side, just had a poor start

in answer to your question ,its a results business this has of course to be tempered with circumstance.had he been in charge for all 18 games AND had a transfer window im sure everyone would be calling for his head if it be NW or joe bloggs. but the reality is he took over a team that was heading for relegation like an express train and has put on the brakes.
my take on trollopes sacking and Warnocks appointment was to remain a championship team nxt season,anything else is a bonus..
questions for you. .did you expect more. and if 10pts from 7 games is deemed a free pass how many points did you expect?

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

$arcasm.

i dont see anyone getting the concept tbh.........free pass is what youve said ?..Villa are not a top side?....20 pts from their last 10 games including playing and not losing to the current top 3 sugests they are top side, just had a poor start

in answer to your question ,its a results business this has of course to be tempered with circumstance.had he been in charge for all 18 games AND had a transfer window im sure everyone would be calling for his head if it be NW or joe bloggs. but the reality is he took over a team that was heading for relegation like an express train and has put on the brakes.
my take on trollopes sacking and Warnocks appointment was to remain a championship team nxt season,anything else is a bonus..
questions for you. .did you expect more. and if 10pts from 7 games is deemed a free pass how many points did you expect?

Then you cant be looking that hard, with respect - we have had a number of excellent replies all in between you falling over yourself to tell everyone how much you don't understand. I have not just said "free pass" though, thats the point, maybe that is what you are failing to understand - I have said an awful lot more which gives "free pass" context. "Free pass" was a small part of a question and not some bold statement as you seem to think.

No, Villa are not a top side, they will not be promoted or indeed be in the play offs, the likes of Newcastle and Reqding are far superior. I am happy to say that even at this stage. Take their famous name away and they are left with not much else, Leeds, Blackburn and Forest have had similar delusions of gradeur in the past until people finally see past the name. We can twist stats and take portions of seasons to prove anything, if you take our last 4 then we are awful, if you take our first 4 we are awful, take the middle part and we are great. Villa are not a top side.

As for your question - I expected a good start like most managers bring when thispngs arent going well, id say we got that. Things have tailed off recently and I certainly expected more than a 3 point return in our last 4 games, we have Brighton next (who are another top side by the way) which could easily see us at a stage when we have 3 points from 15 available and that is a total I would certainly be putting at both manager and players - yet I feel if it were any other smaller profiled manager there would be many more doing the same and that in a nutshell is my point, which is pretty undisputed really. The reason of the thread was to get opinions as to why this is the case.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:39 pm

I get what Ealing Bluebird is saying. I was against Slade's appointment, and then the same with Trollope. I was blaming both of them for all our failings and poor football from day 1, even though they were'nt out there on the pitch. Every defeat gave me more reason to moan about them. Because of Warnock's reputation, I am more tolerant of our results, and I still believe that he will steer us well clear of the bottom three by the end of the season. I am probably a good example of what Ealing Bluebird is driving at. I have not been critical of Warnock at all, I would have been calling Trollope everything under the sun if he had been in charge when we lost to Wigan.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

$arcasm.

Then you cant be looking that hard, with respect - we have had a number of excellent replies all in between you falling over yourself to tell everyone how much you don't understand. I have not just said "free pass" though, thats the point, maybe that is what you are failing to understand - I have said an awful lot more which gives "free pass" context. "Free pass" was a small part of a question and not some bold statement as you seem to think.

No, Villa are not a top side, they will not be promoted or indeed be in the play offs, the likes of Newcastle and Reqding are far superior. I am happy to say that even at this stage. Take their famous name away and they are left with not much else, Leeds, Blackburn and Forest have had similar delusions of gradeur in the past until people finally see past the name. We can twist stats and take portions of seasons to prove anything, if you take our last 4 then we are awful, if you take our first 4 we are awful, take the middle part and we are great. Villa are not a top side.

As for your question - I expected a good start like most managers bring when thispngs arent going well, id say we got that. Things have tailed off recently and I certainly expected more than a 3 point return in our last 4 games, we have Brighton next (who are another top side by the way) which could easily see us at a stage when we have 3 points from 15 available and that is a total I would certainly be putting at both manager and players - yet I feel if it were any other smaller profiled manager there would be many more doing the same and that in a nutshell is my point, which is pretty undisputed really. The reason of the thread was to get opinions as to why this is the case.

right. so no answer to the how many points did you expect { personally im happy and will be with 10pts from next 7.in any order}
villa wont make play offs depite being a form team
and nobody can take a portion of a season to point out that although a bottom half team{ your negative remark to make our loss sound worse } they have been playing very well for 2 months . erm except you that opened with the 1 win in 4

anyone that expected more than staying up this year needs a reality check

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I get what Ealing Bluebird is saying. I was against Slade's appointment, and then the same with Trollope. I was blaming both of them for all our failings and poor football from day 1, even though they were'nt out there on the pitch. Every defeat gave me more reason to moan about them. Because of Warnock's reputation, I am more tolerant of our results, and I still believe that he will steer us well clear of the bottom three by the end of the season. I am probably a good example of what Ealing Bluebird is driving at. I have not been critical of Warnock at all, I would have been calling Trollope everything under the sun if he had been in charge when we lost to Wigan.

:thumbright: spot on Steve. I think many are in your boat.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Ffs
How many goals were scored under trollope?
Are you a Jack on a wind up.
We would have been in Rotherham position if it were not for NW

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I get what Ealing Bluebird is saying. I was against Slade's appointment, and then the same with Trollope. I was blaming both of them for all our failings and poor football from day 1, even though they were'nt out there on the pitch. Every defeat gave me more reason to moan about them. Because of Warnock's reputation, I am more tolerant of our results, and I still believe that he will steer us well clear of the bottom three by the end of the season. I am probably a good example of what Ealing Bluebird is driving at. I have not been critical of Warnock at all, I would have been calling Trollope everything under the sun if he had been in charge when we lost to Wigan.

i would get what he is saying too had we just lost to burton and preston away to go with the wigan result. but newcastle and villa? those are hope games not expect games.
the manager has had a decent start considering who we have played and considering just how poor it was prior to his appointment and tbh i think the sugestion that Warnock is being given a free pass is insulting to him.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:09 pm

fred keenor wrote:Ffs

yep wind up and i bit

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 pm

How on earth am I on a wind up? If you still dont understand the thread then thats fine, I can attemot one more time to try and explain, but to suggest I am winding you up when in fact the responses agree is staggering. The responses have proven that the point of the thread is valid and 100% indisputable. The thread is stating that if Warnock were an un-named manager then these results would be met with discontent. Due to who he is, they are being accepted/excused/rationalised. It is not a difficult concept to comprehend I amazed there is now two of you on the same thread that cannot grasp this fact. :roll:

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 pm

What has Trollope got to do with anything? It is not a competition. Where have I attempted to say Warnock is no better than Trollope? Your response has nothing to do with the thread. :lol:

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 pm

The short answer is no. We trust Warnock & that's why he was hired - as fans we couldn't have asked for anymore. I'm just pleased to be enjoying my football again whatever the result or table position. I'd like to see him here as long as possible.

:bluebird:

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:00 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:The short answer is no. We trust Warnock & that's why he was hired - as fans we couldn't have asked for anymore. I'm just pleased to be enjoying my football again whatever the result or table position. I'd like to see him here as long as possible.

:bluebird:

:thumbup:

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:09 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:How on earth am I on a wind up? If you still dont understand the thread then thats fine, I can attemot one more time to try and explain, but to suggest I am winding you up when in fact the responses agree is staggering. The responses have proven that the point of the thread is valid and 100% indisputable. The thread is stating that if Warnock were an un-named manager then these results would be met with discontent. Due to who he is, they are being accepted/excused/rationalised. It is not a difficult concept to comprehend I amazed there is now two of you on the same thread that cannot grasp this fact. :roll:

yes the thread is undisputable proof......its full of pple saying they expected better at villa and newcastle..

you win warnock out

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Not for me, Wigan aside I think the results have been as expected, if not then better.

There is now a togetherness about the team and he is getting the best out of certain players.

Performances and results have improved.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:36 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:

What has Trollope got to do with anything? It is not a competition. Where have I attempted to say Warnock is no better than Trollope? Your response has nothing to do with the thread. :lol:

really

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 am

No question you've started a debate but I disagree with you on this one. Every Managers will have different support and expectations for their clubs supporters. The difference between Warnock and Slade, Trollope or Joe Blogs is that he has a charismatic personality that the fans can relate to and he also has a proven track record in saving clubs or getting them promoted. It's therefore no wonder that fans are more patient with him. Like others I personally feel he has achieved my expectations so far. Good results at home apart from wigan where we got hit by a sucker punch right at the end. We at least deserved a draw if not a win. Newcastle we could have got a draw if it wasn't for a horrendous decision from the officials. Villa are a top side. They had Agbonlahor and Rudy on their bench .. . McCormack didn't even make the squad and we had Gounongbe to come on and make the difference. Might be wrong but I think they will make the playoffs come the end of the season.

So in answer to your question I think unless you had a personal dislike to a manger you would be content with the start Warnock has made no matter who the manager was. You would be delighted in the turn around in passion and commitment of the players. Hopeful that the increased level of performance will translate into points and positive that if allowed could add some much needed players in January. I believe we will be fine but it is the toughest championship in years so it won't be easy and there will be plenty of ups and downs to come.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:12 am

EalingBluebird wrote:Warnock has been around for donkeys years and due to his volatile personality- he has become well known, this seems to be enough for our fans to shield blame from him and direct it elsewhere.
I can't help but feel he is getting a free pass at the moment.:

If you can't understand why some of us disagree with your weird comments then you are Barking not Ealing.

What exactly are you blaming Warnock of? Losing to Newcastle and Villa? I'm not shielding him from blame. I don't think anyone is to blame for losing to those two massive clubs.

Mad.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:Warnock has been around for donkeys years and due to his volatile personality- he has become well known, this seems to be enough for our fans to shield blame from him and direct it elsewhere.

If you can't understand why some of us disagree with your weird comments then you are Barking not Ealing.

What exactly are you blaming Warnock of? Losing to Newcastle and Villa? I'm not shielding him from blame. I don't think anyone is to blame for losing to those two massive clubs.

Mad.

There is nothing to disagree with. People HAVE stated they are giving Warnock more slack than usual and would be using these defeats as an excuse to bash the manager should it be someone else with a lesser name. That was the whole point of the thread and it is proven beyond doubt due to some of the replies, obviously some are doing exactly what I suggested they were doing. The thread was to understand why. Leeds are a massive club too, doesnt mean they are good.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 am

dogfound wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:How on earth am I on a wind up? If you still dont understand the thread then thats fine, I can attemot one more time to try and explain, but to suggest I am winding you up when in fact the responses agree is staggering. The responses have proven that the point of the thread is valid and 100% indisputable. The thread is stating that if Warnock were an un-named manager then these results would be met with discontent. Due to who he is, they are being accepted/excused/rationalised. It is not a difficult concept to comprehend I amazed there is now two of you on the same thread that cannot grasp this fact. :roll:

yes the thread is undisputable proof......its full of pple saying they expected better at villa and newcastle..

you win warnock out

You keep failing to understand anything presented to you. Where have I said Warnock out? Or even hinted that I wanted him out? I shall try again... The thread was suggesting some people who would usually be on a managers back given the exact set of circumstances, are now finding blame/rationale elsewhere due to the name of the current manager. This is undesputed due to people admitting so. So the question isnt IS it happening - because it is. To disagree with that is just idiotic, people are telling you it is happening. The thread is to enquire as to why. It really isn't difficult.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:09 am

dogfound wrote:

really

Errr. Yes. :?

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:37 am

EalingBluebird wrote:IS NEIL WARNOCK GETTING A FREE PASS?

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/11/2 ... free-pass/

As supporters we have a penchant to back anyone with a name or reputation while blaming the ones that don't.
If we had Slade or Trollope at the helm for these last 4 games and played in exactly the same way, people would be slating them still.

Warnock has been around for donkeys years and due to his volatile personality- he has become well known, this seems to be enough for our fans to shield blame from him and direct it elsewhere.
I can't help but feel he is getting a free pass at the moment.

We have had players in the past who have come in with "a name" and have put in some awful shifts, yet we time and time again find a way to excuse them and blame their shortcomings on those around them.

The honeymoon period is most certainly over and we need to start getting results as we sit 23rd in the table.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/11/2 ... free-pass/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Truth is Neil is the best manager we have had in a while, a long long while. Just don't flap and bring up what ifs and enjoy the gd times to com :bluebird:

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 am

EalingBluebird wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:

Mad.

There is nothing to disagree with. People HAVE stated they are giving Warnock more slack than usual and would be using these defeats as an excuse to bash the manager should it be someone else with a lesser name. That was the whole point of the thread and it is proven beyond doubt due to some of the replies, obviously some are doing exactly what I suggested they were doing. The thread was to understand why. Leeds are a massive club too, doesnt mean they are good.

Bonkers.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Its bonkers for me to make an observation which has proven to be accurate?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:13 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:Its bonkers for me to make an observation which has proven to be accurate?

Accurate, according to some people in this thread, but not everyone. Don't forget, each person has their own views and beliefs, it's what makes this world so great.

I do understand what you are trying to explain mate, but I personally don't agree with you on everything you said - others may agree with you, but I can only speak for myself. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with Neil Warnock being a big name manager. If we had of replaced Paul Trollope with Kevin Nugent for example and he had of had the exact effect on the players and the exact same points tally that Neil Warnock has had for us. Then he would be getting the same reaction from the fans, as Neil is getting right now. This is because under Nugent/Warnock we have improved our performances as a team and as individuals ten fold, compared to what we achieved under Paul Trollope. It's not just about results and points tally. It may be for most managers. But for me, seeing players work their socks off, trying their hardest and giving their all - even in the event of losing, means so much more to me and a lot of other City fans. These are some of the basic things that a Paul Trollope Cardiff City team lacked. We have that in abundance now under Neil Warnock. Thank God!!!

I hope I have explained it good enough for people.

Bloooooobirds.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:19 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:Its bonkers for me to make an observation which has proven to be accurate?

proven accurate?
what proof? i honestly dont remember any City manager having a hard time of it after just 7 games.there were cracks beginging to show after 7 games of trollope but his results were far worse, HALF as many points actually.

its not your only anti Warnock stance either, you slaughtered him for sugesting we are a big club.
go attack brad bobly

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:54 pm

dogfound wrote:

proven accurate?
what proof? i honestly dont remember any City manager having a hard time of it after just 7 games.there were cracks beginging to show after 7 games of trollope but his results were far worse, HALF as many points actually.

its not your only anti Warnock stance either, you slaughtered him for sugesting we are a big club.
go attack brad bobly

My post said that people are giving him slack where as they wouldn't be if it were a lesser named manager, and asked why people thought this was the case. People on this very thread admitted this to be the case and gave reasons as to why, which means the point is proven. People ARE cutting him more slack, not all, but some - which was my point. There is nothing to disagree with.

I don't have an anti Warnock stance, he is a very good manager. I didn't slaughter him either, I said that his comments were not helpful at this time. It has nothing to do with Trollope. Sensationalism much?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:43 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

proven accurate?

go attack brad bobly

My post said that people are giving him slack where as they wouldn't be if it were a lesser named manager, and asked why people thought this was the case. People on this very thread admitted this to be the case and gave reasons as to why, which means the point is proven. People ARE cutting him more slack, not all, but some - which was my point. There is nothing to disagree with.

I don't have an anti Warnock stance, he is a very good manager. I didn't slaughter him either, I said that his comments were not helpful at this time. It has nothing to do with Trollope. Sensationalism much?

one minute your.just asking a question, the next your proved correct.
interestingly enough none of those whose posts youve twisted into posts that agree with you were calling for trollopes head after 7 games.
now off you go and eat one of those jack biscuits that jenkins the bakers make {didnt know they had an ausie branch}.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:01 am

dogfound wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

proven accurate?

go attack brad bobly

one minute your.just asking a question, the next your proved correct.
interestingly enough none of those whose posts youve twisted into posts that agree with you were calling for trollopes head after 7 games.
now off you go and eat one of those jack biscuits that jenkins the bakers make {didnt know they had an ausie branch}.

Come on now, you are being purposely obtuse and it isn't helping anybody. I made an observation that was proven correct, my question was to why this observation is in effect. Two separate things and both clearly perfectly reasonable.

Yawn to the last paragraph.