' DID WE EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:04 pm

We went up to Newcastle to face the champions elect and we come away with what most expected, absolutely nothing.

That said, for the majority of the game City were dominated by a rampant Newcastle side, who scored so early on that City's game plan was blown apart within three minutes.

Rickie Lambert was a surprise inclusion this afternoon and not many would have thought Whittingham would have been dropped to the bench.

Warnock went for a defensive 4-5-1 but after Newcastle scored after a few minutes our chances of anything from the game were as remote as us winning the league.

The fear for most of the game was that Newcastle would run riot and we would be on the end of a hiding but thankfully, with some good fortune, we were able to keep the score respectable.

Even better was that we scored ourselves and as a result it doesn't look as bad as it probably should have.

That said even though Newcastle dominated, City had chances to score before Whittingham came off the bench and pulled one back.

Whittingham has now scored against 40 different clubs during his career, not bad for a midfielder.

Our goal difference could have taken a hammering today but thankfully it didn't.

Newcastle had 67% of the possession and 18 shots but only 4 on target, City had 10 shots with 2 on target.

I think Warnock will be glad to have the international break to assess what he has seen in his first few games, players to get fit and a chance to work with the players to hatch a plan to get us back on track after two successive defeats.

I hate City losing but didn't expect anything else today but hope we can turn things around against Huddersfield in a fortnight.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' DID WE EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE ? '

Postby wez1927 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:15 pm

city 2nd half had there chances ,but did the really expect to win
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:16 pm

I would have taken anything under a 4-0 defeat Carl, so in that respect this was a positive against what is a team that is far too good to be in this division. I think Warnock will go all out to bring a proven striker in - can't see Chamak being the answer, and personally I will be happy with a lower half/mid table finish which will be a decent achievement after the start we've had. From there we can build for next season.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Not against Newcastle, but that Wigan game was costly..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Traveling back from the game, first half yes but second half we more than matched Newcastle, had three glorious chances, and possibly could of had a penalty.

Carl I presume you listened to it on the radio or had a link.

P.S be nice to see you back in the road.
Llantwit Blue

Postby pezza4646 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:16 pm

I said early on in the week .... That the game was about Goal Differance, Glad we only lost out on 1 goal & other teams will go there and take ahiding :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:
pezza4646

Postby PtB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Awful start to the game and if we could have got in at half time at 1-0 then it could have been all so different, the second goal really set us back though. Two poor goals to lose defensively. Second half I thought we more than matched Newcastle and did enough to warrant a draw, decisions in their penalty area could have been better though.

I've seen Richardson and Ralls come in for a bit of stick on various mediums but I felt really let down by Craig Noone defensively, he offered next to no cover at times and we cannot afford that most weeks never mind in a game like today. I had hoped NW would make his changes earlier, we missed Whitts creativity and the difference was there for all to see when the subs came on.

More positives to take forward, a few weeks ago I fear that type of game would have finished 6-0
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Return to General Chat