Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED FOR HAVING NO STRIKER "

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm

My View/Opinion

CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED FOR HAVING NO STRIKER.

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/2 ... o-striker/ :cry: :cry:

FOR ME THERE WAS NO REAL QUALITY TODAY,WITH BOTH TEAMS PLAYING LIKE A REAL RELEGATION TEAMS.

We did most of the attacking,But lacked big time upfront and paid for it big time.

Neil Warnocks first defeat :cry:

Cardiff City shots 18, 4 on target
Wigan shots 7, 2 on target

CARDIFF CITY 0 WIGAN ATHLETIC 1 :cry:

Crowd 15,969
Away Support Wigan 300 approx

City team: Amos, Pelter, Bennett, Morrison, Bamba, Ralls, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Hoilett, Pilkington.
Subs Wilson, Manga, O’Keefe, Immers, Richardson, Harris, Chamakh.

Cardiff City went in to this game after two wins and one draw from their last three games and today entertained fellow strugglers Wigan who are without a manager.

Sol Bamba swept up any sign of danger again so far today for City. Bamba stood out as Cardiff's best player in first half. Wigan looked very vulnerable in the early stages but it was quiet in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the first half. Cardiff needed to find another gear in the second half.

Gunnnarsson also stood out with his non stop talking/shouting etc :thumbright: :thumbright:

City 8 shots 3 on target
Wigan had 3 shots 1 on target

City had 38% Possession
Wigan had 62% possession

HALF-TIME CITY 0 WIGAN 0

Cardiff City did step up a gear and came out attacking,which got the crowd going.

Sol Bamba was immense and was every where.

70th min Double sub Whittingham came off for O'Keefe and Hoilett came off for Kadeem Harris.

Aron Gunnarsson was once again solid and everywhere,him and Bamba both stood out :thumbright: :thumbright:

83rd min was cruel but that’s football. Cardiff were caught short at the back and they were punished after a teasing ball across the six yard box was buried by Jordi Gomez. 0-1 Wigan :cry: :cry:

Bamba should of equalised in 94th min.

City possession 40%
Wigan possession 60%

City shots 18 4 on target
Wigan shots 7 2 on target

FULL-TIME CARDIFF CITY 0 WIGAN 1

MY MAN OF THE MATCH " ARON GUNNARSSON " :thumbright:

UP NEXT NEWCASTLE AWAY NEXT SATURDAY :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED FOR HAVING NO STRIKER "

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Crowd 15,969

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Couldn't agree more on both striker and MOM.

Chamakh on bench? Not fit if he didn't come on will have to play much better at Newcastle next week but Mr Warnock always surprises us.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED FOR HAVING NO STRIKER.

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/2 ... o-striker/ :cry: :cry:

FOR ME THERE WAS NO REAL QUALITY TODAY,WITH BOTH TEAMS PLAYING LIKE A REAL RELEGATION TEAMS.

We did most of the attacking,But lacked big time upfront and paid for it big time.

Neil Warnocks first defeat :cry:

Cardiff City shots 18, 4 on target
Wigan shots 7, 2 on target

CARDIFF CITY 0 WIGAN ATHLETIC 1 :cry:

Crowd 15,969

City team: Amos, Pelter, Bennett, Morrison, Bamba, Ralls, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Hoilett, Pilkington.
Subs Wilson, Manga, O’Keefe, Immers, Richardson, Harris, Chamakh.

Cardiff City went in to this game after two wins and one draw from their last three games and today entertained fellow strugglers Wigan who are without a manager.

Sol Bamba swept up any sign of danger again so far today for City. Bamba stood out as Cardiff's best player in first half. Wigan looked very vulnerable in the early stages but it was quiet in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the first half. Cardiff needed to find another gear in the second half.

Gunnnarsson also stood out with his non stop talking/shouting etc :thumbright: :thumbright:

City 8 shots 3 on target
Wigan had 3 shots 1 on target

City had 38% Possession
Wigan had 62% possession

HALF-TIME CITY 0 WIGAN 0

Cardiff City did step up a gear and came out attacking,which got the crowd going.

Sol Bamba was immense and was every where.

70th min Double sub Whittingham came off for O'Keefe and Hoilett came off for Kadeem Harris.

Aron Gunnarsson was once again solid and everywhere,him and Bamba both stood out :thumbright: :thumbright:

83rd min was cruel but that’s football. Cardiff were caught short at the back and they were punished after a teasing ball across the six yard box was buried by Jordi Gomez. 0-1 Wigan :cry: :cry:

Bamba should of equalised in 94th min.

City possession 40%
Wigan possession 60%

City shots 18 4 on target
Wigan shots 7 2 on target

FULL-TIME CARDIFF CITY 0 WIGAN 1

MY MAN OF THE MATCH " ARON GUNNARSSON " :thumbright:

UP NEXT NEWCASTLE AWAY NEXT SATURDAY :thumbright: :thumbright:

agree Pilkington just isn't a striker how many headers does he need to score

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Couldn't agree more on both striker and MOM.

Chamakh on bench? Not fit if he didn't come on will have to play much better at Newcastle next week but Mr Warnock always surprises us.

Cheers Karl,

We need another striker in Jan ASAP.

Chamakh not fit.

We will play better at Newcastle. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Once again, I've seen an absolutely dire team come to the CCS this season, get dominated by us, and then leave with 3 points after a late goal. Talk about deja vu.

What we were doing was good, just lack of a striker cost is, and I'm glad the fans clapped the team off as they deserved it. O'Keefe is well off the pace though, and he looked significantly weaker when he came on.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:12 pm

' UPDATED '
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 pm

KWest wrote:Once again, I've seen an absolutely dire team come to the CCS this season, get dominated by us, and then leave with 3 points after a late goal. Talk about deja vu.

What we were doing was good, just lack of a striker cost is, and I'm glad the fans clapped the team off as they deserved it. O'Keefe is well off the pace though, and he looked significantly weaker when he came on.

Spot on,but Warnock will sort this :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 pm

I'd rather play Fred than Pilkington upfront at least hes a recognized striker and he would get more chances playing under Warnock than than he was getting under Trollope.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:16 pm

We didn't deserve to lose that but equally we didn't deserve to win.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I'd rather play Fred than Pilkington upfront at least hes a recognized striker and he would get more chances playing under Warnock than than he was getting under Trollope.

Ryan, I agree with you there,Pilkington def not one,but that shows how desperate we are as Fred is not that good either.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:We didn't deserve to lose that but equally we didn't deserve to win.

Thats how I saw it.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:41 pm

It had nil nil all over it. They were very lucky

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:It had nil nil all over it. They were very lucky

Nil, Nil is what it deserved.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:49 pm

We have to accept that Warnock is not a miracle worker, and is still having to work with a squad who are near to the bottom of the table because they are not good enough yet to seriously compete with the better sides in this division. We are in a relegation battle, and while I still think that Warnock will ensure our survival this season, I expect some posters will still be blind to the fact that right now we are struggling to stay in this division, and the play offs are for dreamers as far as this season goes. I can't see us getting anything from the Newcastle game, and unfortunately, with over a third of the season gone will probably find ourselves back in the bottom three. Number one priority has to be maintaining our championship status, and hopefully with a couple of January signings we can still climb somewhere near mid table by the end of the season.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:We have to accept that Warnock is not a miracle worker, and is still having to work with a squad who are near to the bottom of the table because they are not good enough yet to seriously compete with the better sides in this division. We are in a relegation battle, and while I still think that Warnock will ensure our survival this season, I expect some posters will still be blind to the fact that right now we are struggling to stay in this division, and the play offs are for dreamers as far as this season goes. I can't see us getting anything from the Newcastle game, and unfortunately, with over a third of the season gone will probably find ourselves back in the bottom three. Number one priority has to be maintaining our championship status, and hopefully with a couple of January signings we can still climb somewhere near mid table by the end of the season.

Steve, Spot on with most of that and I will be happy just to stay up under Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright:
But you never know under Warnock as underdogs we might do well up in Newcastle, Warnock loves these type of games.

Tan has to fully back Warnock in January. :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We have to accept that Warnock is not a miracle worker, and is still having to work with a squad who are near to the bottom of the table because they are not good enough yet to seriously compete with the better sides in this division. We are in a relegation battle, and while I still think that Warnock will ensure our survival this season, I expect some posters will still be blind to the fact that right now we are struggling to stay in this division, and the play offs are for dreamers as far as this season goes. I can't see us getting anything from the Newcastle game, and unfortunately, with over a third of the season gone will probably find ourselves back in the bottom three. Number one priority has to be maintaining our championship status, and hopefully with a couple of January signings we can still climb somewhere near mid table by the end of the season.

Steve, Spot on with most of that and I will be happy just to stay up under Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright:
But you never know under Warnock as underdogs we might do well up in Newcastle, Warnock loves these type of games.

Fingers crossed. Would'nt be the first time we have lost to a side at the bottom and gone on to beat one of the top sides.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:01 pm

The lack of a striker was a problem but the biggest issue today to me was the lack of fitness . We were shot after the hour mark, wigan took full advantage and deserved the win after dogging it out for the first hour .

Taking whitts off was not the right decision we looked lost without his passing game .

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fingers crossed. Would'nt be the first time we have lost to a side at the bottom and gone on to beat one of the top sides.

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:11 pm

thomasblue wrote:The lack of a striker was a problem but the biggest issue today to me was the lack of fitness . We were shot after the hour mark, wigan took full advantage and deserved the win after dogging it out for the first hour .

Taking whitts off was not the right decision we looked lost without his passing game .

Thomas, I felt a draw would of been fair.

This fitness stuff seems to happen after every manager leaves, they should all be perfectly fit, some say that they were over trained, Hmmmmm?

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Definitely lacked a striker. Still confident that Warnock will keep us up. hopefully will be given money in january

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Definitely lacked a striker. Still confident that Warnock will keep us up. hopefully will be given money in january

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:19 pm

deepex wrote:Definitely lacked a striker. Still confident that Warnock will keep us up. hopefully will be given money in january

Agree with everything there :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:44 pm

How shit must our strikers be?

Chamakh on the bench but many say he's not fit so if we had on injury up front early in the game we would have no striker to bring on.

Then even when we desperately need a goal and Pilkington couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo Warnock STILL does not bring Chamakh on :o

Warnock realised in less than a week that neither Zohore or Fred are good enough even for the bench - in fact, neither of them are good enough for League 2 and how on earth we can get rid of them in January god alone knows.

Surely if Warnock doesn't put Chamakh on in a situation like today even if for the last half hour, when the hell will he play him?

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:48 pm

davids wrote:How shit must our strikers be?

Chamakh on the bench but many say he's not fit so if we had on injury up front early in the game we would have no striker to bring on.

Then even when we desperately need a goal and Pilkington couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo Warnock STILL does not bring Chamakh on :o

Warnock realised in less than a week that neither Zohore or Fred are good enough even for the bench - in fact, neither of them are good enough for League 2 and how on earth we can get rid of them in January god alone knows.

Surely if Warnock doesn't put Chamakh on in a situation like today even if for the last half hour, when the hell will he play him?

David,It just shows what a load of crap strikers we've been buying the last couple of years,our committee etc they now need to leave Warnock totally alone.

As to Chamakh, Warnock must have his reasons.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Agree with the OP and it will cost City dear until Lambert returns or we get another fit striker :thumbup:

No issue with Pilkington. He is a strong player used correctly and he is willing to put himself out for the team

My issue today was Ralls (again) and I fail to see how he is currently justifying a starting place ahead of others, including O'Keefe who made the side look a lot more balanced once he came on. The withdrawal of playmaker Whittingham also baffled me (although I may have missed a genuine reason)

City unlucky to lose today but it happens and we (like Neil Warnock) will move on. Two massive games coming up and time to calm our recently elevated ambitions for a short while :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Sven wrote:Agree with the OP and it will cost City dear until Lambert returns or we get another fit striker :thumbup:

No issue with Pilkington. He is a strong player used correctly and he is willing to put himself out for the team

My issue today was Ralls (again) and I fail to see how he is currently justifying a starting place ahead of others, including O'Keefe who made the side look a lot more balanced once he came on. the withdrawal of playmaker Whittingham also baffled me (although I may have missed a genuine reason)

City unlucky to lose today but it happens and we (like Neil Warnock) will move on. Two massive games coming up and time to calm our recently elevated ambitions for a short while :ayatollah:

Chris,

We were very unlucky today.

Ralls really off form.

Striker needed ASAP and we've always known we've needed to good ones for over two years.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:How shit must our strikers be?

David,It just shows what a load of crap strikers we've been buying the last couple of years,our committee etc they now need to leave Warnock totally alone.

As to Chamakh, Warnock must have his reasons.

Agreed Annis but the Chamakh signing is a strange one if he's not going to be played even for 10 or 15 minutes in a game like today's.

Warnock will be queueing up outside the "Striker Sale" shop come January 1st I'm sure! :thumbup:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Much the same sort of performance as under Trollope and Slade.if Chamakh isn't fit enough to come on for the last 30mins then what the hell is he doing on the bench.Un-bloody-belieaveable.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 pm

How is Chamakh unfit ? I'm sure if he was then he would not even be on the bench.