Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL WARNOCK " I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE"

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON THIS WEEK AT CARDIFF & TOMORROW

Love Warnocks comments :lol:

Tomorrow's team

Neil Warnock: "I haven’t got a clue. We’ve had two or three problems this week so I’m not sure if any of the doubts will have recovered.
"I’m still not sure about Peltier,It’s a little bit up in the air at the moment."

Thursday's behind closed doors training game

I refereed it. It answered a few questions. One or two good things and a few disappointing things. We only played about 55 minutes. Some of the fringe lads were tired. I didn’t want to risk any injuries.
They’ve not played minutes really so that’s why I wanted a game. I felt it was important to give them time.
A game situation is so much different to training hard.
Your reactions sit differently in a game to training.

On maintaining high-standards

We want to continue that run we’re on. People have got to keep their levels up to keep in the team.
Anybody who drops below standard will be out.

On facing a struggling Wigan side

I don’t think they’ll [players] be complacent. No disrespect to Wigan, but fans will be up for games against Bristol City and Forest more than Wigan.
You want the team to progress. The atmosphere generates the players and the players have to generate that atmosphere by putting a shift in.

Wigan

I’ve been on the receiving end of having new managers. You just don’t know how it’ll go. I always thought Wigan would be our toughest game. That’s the Championship. I’ve seen it all and done it all. The games against team around where you are are always the toughest. We’ve got to really try and come away with the points. We’ve got to be on top of our game.

On a busy first week

I knew having three games in a week would take a lot out of us. To come through that was fabulous.
We’ve got two games to go. The international break can’t come at a better time.
I think the lads have worked really hard. They’ve stepped up quite a lot in terms of intensity.
They’re enjoying it but it does take it out of you.
Hopefully in three or four weeks they’ll be where we want them to be.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK " I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE"

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 am

Best comment " if standards drop they are out " how it should be!! Love it!! No doubt some of the fringe players won't play again. :thumbup:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:05 am

Great stuff. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:46 am

Manager of the month award for him wen we win 2moro and draw at Newcastle :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:Manager of the month award for him wen we win 2moro and draw at Newcastle :ayatollah:

Second that!! :bluebird: :thumbup:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 am

Gajondobe and Zohore will be lucky to start again never mind a sub appearance. At last we have a manager who isn't giving it easy to the players. Like Warnock said he's been there seen it all, no f*cking nonsense.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:51 am

Stringfellow wrote:Best comment " if standards drop they are out " how it should be!! Love it!! No doubt some of the fringe players won't play again. :thumbup:

Absolutely spot on! Love it too! No "favourites" "legends" "prima donnas" or any of that malarkey with this guy. If they do a job, great they're in, if they don't they're out. I've been impressed how he hasn't been making fawning statements, singling out players and lavishing the same old crud on them. It's a team game and he understands that so well. He's a breath of fresh air!