Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Migrants put up in Devon manor house

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 am

Revealed: The £450-a-week Devon holiday camp hosting teen Calais migrants

Lydia Willgress Tom Morgan

24 OCTOBER 2016 • 3:51PM
Child refugees from the Calais jungle are being housed in a 17th-century manor house in rural Devon, The Telegraph can disclose.

Up to 70 refugees are set to be taken to Beam House, which is about two miles from market town Great Torrington in the north of the county, with the first group of 20 arriving in the early hours of Monday morning.

At lunchtime on Monday, a group were spotted playing basketball in the picturesque grounds of the historic estate while four guards dressed in black manned the lengthy driveway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Migrants put up in Devon manor house

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am

I've stayed there myself as a kid for a week. it's like an outdoor pursuits centre for schools/clubs etc. It looks great from the outside but would hardly call it a Manor House from the inside. The rooms only have bunk beds in and are very basic. The showers were constantly cold when I was there so had to jump in and out very fast. In a lovely setting and location and has some fab activities to do there but inside its not all that from what I saw. My favourite activity when I stayed was a night in the forest with just a thermal sleeping bag! It was March time and it started snowing but I loved it! Unfortunately they called it off during the night as it was too cold :(

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Devon truly is a lovely place. I spent many a happy hour around Start Point in South Devon. Stunning scenery!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 pm

I joined the army at 17.5 years of age and these young men are similar ages and some a lot older. Children my @ss!

I would like to know what if any checks have been made on these guys - I suspect none have been made.

With Europe facing a huge terrorist threat, to let these young men of military age into the UK is utter madness!!!

The Home Secretary should be held accountable, if any of these men offend in any shape or form. Personally I think all these economic migrants should be returned to country of origin when its safe to do so - NONE should be granted British citizenship.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Over 100 of the 200 were children 13 and under but its against the law to take pictures of kids .... although thats not news anyway is it ;) Holiday centres close down during the winter because nobody goes there [too cold see] so let them use the b**tard place is it hurting you lot on here mun?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:52 pm

AHERNE wrote:Over 100 of the 200 were children 13 and under but its against the law to take pictures of kids .... although thats not news anyway is it ;) Holiday centres close down during the winter because nobody goes there [too cold see] so let them use the b**tard place is it hurting you lot on here mun?

60 of the 13 and under kids were on their own too! poor buggers!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:00 pm

AHERNE wrote:
AHERNE wrote:Over 100 of the 200 were children 13 and under but its against the law to take pictures of kids .... although thats not news anyway is it ;) Holiday centres close down during the winter because nobody goes there [too cold see] so let them use the b**tard place is it hurting you lot on here mun?

60 of the 13 and under kids were on their own too! poor buggers!

A news channel had a helicopter and saw nothing but grown men. The tarpaulins were put up to try and cover-up the whole show!

This crass stupidity is exactly why far right organisations are gaining popularity across Europe - it's all going to end in bloodshed!!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Also, remember this, These migrants are coming from France - is France at war - NO!

British people retire and work in France, why then are these people so intent on getting here! Answer - BENEFITS!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Also, remember this, These migrants are coming from France - is France at war - NO!

British people retire and work in France, why then are these people so intent on getting here! Answer - BENEFITS!!!!!!!

I hate to admit this, but the British are fools!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Kids what kids ? The government now consider anyone under 30 years of age as kids. What's wrong with letting them use it Lee ? Well as recent history suggests they will trash the joint. Hope the local residents stay safe especially the real kids and the women.