Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCK ON FOREST PENALTY '

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:37 pm

' NEIL WARNOCK ON FOREST PENALTY '

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock joked referee Andy Woolmer "got a bit bored" during his team's 2-1 victory over Nottingham Forest.

The Bluebirds continued their revival under Warnock, climbing out of the relegation zone as they made it three unbeaten with a win at the City Ground.

They went 2-0 up in the first half through goals from Aron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls, but 10-man Forest, who had Thomas Lam sent off, pulled one back at the end.

Gunnarsson was penalised for a foul on Henri Lansbury and the Reds midfielder reduced the arrears with only a matter of minutes left to play.

Warnock, though, said his team should have been out of sight by then after they missed several good chances and drew some good saves from goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

"Nottingham Forest are a good side with some very good players. I was hoping for a clean sheet, but once again we've let ourselves down at the death," said the City manager.

"It was a game we should have won comfortably. I said to Blackie (Kevin Blackwell), my assistant, with five minutes to go that something's going to happen here, because it's too straightforward.

"I thought it was a soft penalty.

"I think Andy, who is a good referee, just got a bit bored and just wanted to make it a bit more exciting for the last few minutes. I wish we had him every week, I think he's one of the top referees. He talks to you, you can understand him.

"I thought we deserved it. I still don't know how we didn't win by four or five, with the chances we had. They were really good chances."

The three points lifted Cardiff up to 20th in the Championship table, level on points with Forest.

Warnock added: "I've been asked about promotion. But I just said, 'let's get out the bottom three first'. We just get carried away, don't we?

"We're nowhere near the finished article but we've got a good bunch of players and the fans get behind us."

Re: WARNOCK ON FOREST PENALTY

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:16 am

I wish the twonk hadn't got bored. I had £20 on 11/1 for us to win 2-0 !