' VINCENT TAN TO GIVE WARNOCK FULL BACKING '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:55 pm

" VINCENT TAN TO GIVE NEIL WARNOCK FULL BACKING "

Cardiff City :bluebird:

Vincent Tan is ready to back Neil Warnock for a promotion push in January if Warnock can get the Bluebirds up the table come January.

If City are a top ten side in January then Tan has pledged his full backing to Warnock in the January transfer window.

Could be an exciting time ahead :bluescarf:

IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1524.JPG (59.58 KiB) Viewed 8080 times
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' VINCENT TAN TO GIVE WARNOCK FULL BACKING '

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:05 pm

yeah its good news, however I think its a "all or nothing" push, because we're probably broken financial fair play rules again
bluebird04

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Great news. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:Vincent Tan is ready to back Neil Warnock for a promotion push in January if Warnock can get the Bluebirds up the table come January.

If City are a top ten side in January then Tan has pledged his full backing to Warnock in the January transfer window.

IMG_1524.JPG

Carl, heard this as well and also if things progress but without promotion to expect a full promotion push next season. The penny has dropped as only a few months ago we were selling David Marshall. Don't write off a return to the capital for Scotland's number one. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby pengamblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:33 pm

VT has now woken up and smelt the coffee right manager in place all for one and one for all time to enjoy the ride fellow bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:
pengamblue

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:44 pm

So we gone from a club cost cutting galore for tan to balance the books and maybe get some money back to tan going to give Warnock millions come jan if we are in the top ten. You couldn't make it up at the club. From one extreme to the other :laughing6:

People talking of the prem again well it will be a repeat of whats happened already that's my guess. Some want the club run properly money wise yet at the same time want the prem and big signings then moan about the debt. :roll:

:bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby lyndipops » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Warnock could get us into the top ten in his sleep! I bet hes forgotten more than the last three Managers knew between them! :ayatollah:

Premier league here we come. :ayatollah: :bluebird:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby bluebird58 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:46 pm

bluebird04 wrote:yeah its good news, however I think its a "all or nothing" push, because we're probably broken financial fair play rules again

There's always someone trying to put a damper on things :roll:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby lyndipops » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:46 pm

You dont make a billion without taking a few risks! If you want to make an omlette you have to break a few eggs. :ayatollah:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:47 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:yeah its good news, however I think its a "all or nothing" push, because we're probably broken financial fair play rules again

Hes just being a realist. The club have stated this so we going around in a circle if this is the case. :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:49 pm

No guarantees in football but with a decent manager and transfer kitty we have a better chance. He also has this season to start building the team, a lot of foundations already in place. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

Hes just being a realist. The club have stated this so we going around in a circle if this is the case. :bluescarf:

not trying to put a damper on anything, im just suggesting that this could be a all or nothing scenario, where if we do spend big, and fail in promotion, we could find ourselves in a situation where we cant bring any players in and could be desperate
bluebird04

Postby Gaz777 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:05 pm

This is like music to my ears.

Come January, Neil will be wheeler dealing again and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 4 offloaded and 4/5 good quality signings coming in. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Gaz777

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Vincent Tan is ready to back Neil Warnock for a promotion push in January if Warnock can get the Bluebirds up the table come January.

IMG_1524.JPG

Carl, heard this as well and also if things progress but without promotion to expect a full promotion push next season. The penny has dropped as only a few months ago we were selling David Marshall. Don't write off a return to the capital for Scotland's number one. :thumbup:

I've think Marshall may well return as circumstances have now completly changed. Hope it happens ASAP. Great news on VT backing NW.
:bluebird:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby TrueBlue99 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Great news, With a bit of money he could get some real good players, Bamba and Hoilett were both free and they have had a few good games for us already.

Not sure about the thing with Marshy though, we only just sold him so I dont see why he would come back, even though I want him to.
TrueBlue99

Postby The Cobra » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:32 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Great news, With a bit of money he could get some real good players, Bamba and Hoilett were both free and they have had a few good games for us already.

Not sure about the thing with Marshy though, we only just sold him so I dont see why he would come back, even though I want him to.

Things are going bad at Hull arnt they, he will probably be glad to get out, his family home still in Cardiff I expext, just give them back any monies they have paid.
The Cobra

Postby pompey blue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Why on earth would anyone want Marshall back he has conceded 14 goals in four games . Championship keeper
pompey blue

Postby City Slicker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

pompey blue wrote:Why on earth would anyone want Marshall back he has conceded 14 goals in four games . Championship keeper

One Ben Amos, there's only one Ben Amos!
City Slicker

Postby ccfcsince62 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

What exactly have the club stated? Have they said we have probably broken the FFP rules or that they will be spending a lot of money in January?
I may have missed it, but can't see where the club has said either thing, so is this just rumour?
ccfcsince62

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Heard all this before Carl. Full of hot air. If we are in the top ten Warnock will be told you can buy some players if you can get some players off the wage bill.
But to be honest I wouldn't want any other manager apart from Warnock at the moment.
Nuclearblue

Postby norms76 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Heard all this before Carl. Full of hot air. If we are in the top ten Warnock will be told you can buy some players if you can get some players off the wage bill.
But to be honest I wouldn't want any other manager apart from Warnock at the moment.

You were also one of the ones saying Tan only employs 'yes men'. Do you still think that? Not having a pop, I'm genuinely interested.
norms76

Postby TrueBlue99 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:47 pm

The Cobra wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Great news, With a bit of money he could get some real good players, Bamba and Hoilett were both free and they have had a few good games for us already.

Things are going bad at Hull arnt they, he will probably be glad to get out, his family home still in Cardiff I expext, just give them back any monies they have paid.

Yes they are, im sure he would like to be back here and around a lot of teammates he knows better, to be honest im not quite sure as to why they bought Marshy as they have 3 other keepers on there books already granted Mcgregor is injured.

Surely they could have maybe done with a loan deal for someone for the season as having two Scotland internationals fighting for the same place for both club and country cant be a good thing surely?
TrueBlue99

Postby Bluebina » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm

There are ways around it, about time we had some big sponsorship deals !!!!
Bluebina

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:28 pm

pengamblue wrote:VT has now woken up and smelt the coffee right manager in place all for one and one for all time to enjoy the ride fellow bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 pm

norms76 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Heard all this before Carl. Full of hot air. If we are in the top ten Warnock will be told you can buy some players if you can get some players off the wage bill.

You were also one of the ones saying Tan only employs 'yes men'. Do you still think that? Not having a pop, I'm genuinely interested.

I would guess Tan would loose a shed load of notes if we go down. Now he is desperate so has turned to Warnock. How there relationship goes from here we will find out but Warnock won't take no shit from him that's for sure. But all his previous managers was yes men is that correct or not ?
Nuclearblue

Postby norms76 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I would guess Tan would loose a shed load of notes if we go down. Now he is desperate so has turned to Warnock. How there relationship goes from here we will find out but Warnock won't take no shit from him that's for sure. But all his previous managers was yes men is that correct or not ?

Yes I'd say the last two most certainly were cheaper options and were more than likely reporting upstairs and were not free to do what they wanted. They also were told to cut costs and get in cheaper options.

That's not worked clearly and Tan has brought in the right man now and by the looks, he's giving him free reign, it's a breath of fresh air after the last 3 seasons of shit managers.

I was interested in your views Nukes and wasn't having a pop like I said. :thumbup:
norms76

Postby epping blue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 am

Its a big shame this didn't happen last year. Its a much stronger championship this season and a much bigger gamble to throw money at it, good manager or not. He's worked absolute wonders with a number of the existing players to date so lets go down that route. Actually every player who's featured so far has improved under Warnock - I cant think of a single player who improved under Trollope or Slade. If we continue to make progress then maybe look at bringing some additional quality at the end of Jan. but lets not get to gung ho. Even he'd been here from day 1 it was going to be a difficult ask to get promoted this season.
epping blue

Postby bluemun » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:06 am

It's going to be incredibly hard to get into the playoffs, never mind promotion. Warnock has done the business so far and I'm delighted he was appointed, but I expect Villa and Derby to rise up the table.
bluemun

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:19 am

As you can see from my avatar I ain't a fan of Tan.

However, when Dalman said he'd tried to sign Warnock before (Warnock said it was their fault they failed to sign him) I wonder if they were emplying shit managers simply to get rid of all the deadwood until their preferred choic became available.

I hope this is the case as it might mean that Tan's dented ego from his failure in the Premier League and the red farce could point towards a big push in January and the Summer to push for a real promotion chance next season.

I hope I am right although I am probably wrong.
Fergy1927

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 am

PS. If this is the case then I will give credit to Tan and it would go some way to thaw the relationship between the likes of me, the boycotters etc and Tan the brand changer.

I still want that red worm off our badge and a return to our more traditional badge though.
Fergy1927

Next

Return to General Chat