Adel Taarabt

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adel Taarabt

Postby BlueMagic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Do you think this is a player neil warnock would like to go after in the near future? Would he be a good fit for warnock and cardiff city now? Done the business before and sure someone said warnock had a habit of signing players who had done well for him at previous clubs.

Opinions?
BlueMagic

Adel Taarabt

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Adel Taarabt

Postby Milkybarkid » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:47 pm

If you read Warnocks autobiography I don't think he would take a chance on him again. He comes with too many issues and can't see him repeating what he did a number of years ago for QPR when he was immense
Milkybarkid

Postby Jimbo27 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:27 pm

I initially thought the same but having just finished Warnock's autobiography I don't think he would want him anywhere near the club, and neither should we. The things he did at QPR defy belief for a pro footballer, hence why he has been bombed out every club he has gone. Shame as he is tremendously talented!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby BlueMagic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I initially thought the same but having just finished Warnock's autobiography I don't think he would want him anywhere near the club, and neither should we. The things he did at QPR defy belief for a pro footballer, hence why he has been bombed out every club he has gone. Shame as he is tremendously talented!

What sort of stuff he do mate? I think warnock would love a player like him to play in that role in the hole behind the striker for cardiff. Can anyone think of any alternatives to taarabt?
BlueMagic

Postby City Slicker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:56 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:I initially thought the same but having just finished Warnock's autobiography I don't think he would want him anywhere near the club, and neither should we. The things he did at QPR defy belief for a pro footballer, hence why he has been bombed out every club he has gone. Shame as he is tremendously talented!

What sort of stuff he do mate? I think warnock would love a player like him to play in that role in the hole behind the striker for cardiff. Can anyone think of any alternatives to taarabt?

I think he and Koumas were the two best midfielders I've seen at this level (Ramsey excepted but he was young when he left for the Premier). It would have been fabulous to have seen Taarabt in his pomp for us but it seems, sadly, that ship sailed long ago.
City Slicker

Postby jon1959 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:14 pm

BlueMagic wrote:

Read THE GAFFER - the Warnock book on his life as a manager (mainly around QPR - but covers his whole career). There are endless references to Taarabt. He was very talented, but: he never worked for the team, had to be 'carried' most matches, missed training, was often overweight, lied to Warnock about a number of things (claimed to be in France with a family crisis when he was wagging it in the UK).... he was a full time job and even back in his prime it was touch and go whether Warnock would keep on making allowances - and getting his other players to accept Taarabt's behaviour. Years have gone by and the pounds have gone on and he has wasted his career. He's now rotting in Benfica's reserves (B team).
jon1959

Postby ThomasC » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm

past glories was that season a long time ago. Lazy and fat bad combo
ThomasC

Return to General Chat