Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

January window

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Should / will Tan let Warnock have a reasonable transfer kitty in the next window or will it be a percentage of money from the sale of players.A recognised goal scorer is seemingly what we are lacking but with all the cost cutting of last couple of seasons and these fair play rules, is it reasonable?

Re: January window

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 pm

I think its looking likely we will see manga leave in january and warnock will have that money to buy a striker . I would like to see 2 pacey strikers and a goalkeeper come in if honest .
If we are in or just outside the playoffs tan may have another go at it with the right man in charge.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

I don't think warnock would have come if there isn't going to be some money available for him. How much there will be is anyone's guess but we need a striker unless Saidi comes back and warnock thinks he is good enough.

Don't we lose Richardson and Chamakh in January and Bamba to the AFCON?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:28 pm

I would go and get Leigh Griffiths from Celtic pacy and a good finisher. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Go all out and get that Burton striker I think his name is Ward?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I would go and get Leigh Griffiths from Celtic pacy and a good finisher. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

What about your boyfriend Saadi? :lol:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:38 pm

norms76 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I would go and get Leigh Griffiths from Celtic pacy and a good finisher. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

What about your boyfriend Saadi? :lol:

I'm not certain he will come back and given a chance hope I'm wrong but he's doing well in Belguim at the moment. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:38 pm

I think chamakh and Richardson are contracted to Jan to suss them out and see if we want to keep them/they want to stay. I imagine there would be an option to hold on to them if warnock is keen?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think its looking likely we will see manga leave in january and warnock will have that money to buy a striker . I would like to see 2 pacey strikers and a goalkeeper come in if honest .
If we are in or just outside the playoffs tan may have another go at it with the right man in charge.

I also think that Manga will be gone by then, with both Gounongbe & Zohore following. Simply not up to Championship standard.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Britt Assombalonga a proven goal scorer at this level would be a good signing ...... but would cost a fair bit of money to get him , probably out of reach for Cardiff ...... I can see him moving on from Forest to a side challenging for promotion come January