Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PILKNGTON REACTS TO MISSED CHANCES '

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:11 am

' PILKNGTON REACTS TO MISSED CHANCES '

Sunday 23rd October 2016

The midfielder had a great chance to put the Bluebirds 3-0 up but somehow failed to hit the target

Anthony Pilkington has taken to Twitter after his glaring miss in Cardiff City's 2-1 win over Nottingham Forest.

First half efforts from Aron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls put the Bluebirds 2-0 ahead at half time before the hosts had Thomas Lam sent off midway through the second period.

And Pilkington had the chance to wrap the game up after rounding Forest keeper Vladimir Stojkovic - but he somehow managed to miss the target with the goal at his mercy.

And Forest set up a tense finish as former Arsenal man Henri Lansbury pulled a goal back from the penalty spot late on.

But fortunately for Pilkington, the Bluebirds held on to spare his blushes and secure all three points and extend their unbeaten run under Neil Warnock to three matches.

After the match, Pilkington tweeted: "No banter tonight please. Think I could of nicked a goal there.

https://twitter.com/Pilkington_11/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw

"I'll get one next week! Anyway, great three points away from home!"

Let's hope the midfielder sticks to his promise in the game against Wigan...

Re: PILKNGTON REACTS TO MISSED CHANCES

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:26 am

Thinks he could have "nicked a goal"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well spotted Einstein!

My granny could have nicked a goal from that position.

And she's been dead twenty years.

Re: ' PILKNGTON REACTS TO MISSED CHANCES '

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:25 am

His reaction should be extra training sessions practising shooting from 8 yards ;)

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 am

He's not a striker time to cash in or rotate him on the wings

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:01 am

Why do people keep saying, he's not a striker as if to excuse him for missing that chance. He's an international professional footballer and should be scoring from that range,irrespective of where he plays.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:58 am

noisycat wrote:Why do people keep saying, he's not a striker as if to excuse him for missing that chance. He's an international professional footballer and should be scoring from that range,irrespective of where he plays.

Agree! I like his work rate and attitude but f**k he should score from that range

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:05 pm

I think Pilkington leads the line superbly - his movement and deft touch created the second goal, Lambert wouldn't have got there if he was still on the pitch. Pilkington is usually reliable with his finishing, he missed a couple of chances yesterday but that happens to even the best strikers. He will bounce back to score a few soon because he's that good a player. Get behind him.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think Pilkington leads the line superbly - his movement and deft touch created the second goal, Lambert wouldn't have got there if he was still on the pitch. Pilkington is usually reliable with his finishing, he missed a couple of chances yesterday but that happens to even the best strikers. He will bounce back to score a few soon because he's that good a player. Get behind him.

100% agree.
Get off his back. Of course he should have buried that one chance in particular but he plays where he asks and does a great job. Lambert would still have been lumbering along nowhere near the ball while Pilks is buzzing about with great movement.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:00 pm

He should have scored that and I am sure he lost sleep over it too poor sod all great players have missed easy chances but in all fairness to Pilks if he didn't score certain goals last season we would have been in a relegation last season too

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 am

It happens to the best in the world,that's part of being a striker u put yourself in those positions where u can be the hero or zero, at least he's putting himself about and getting into good positions,his movements off the ball are actually very good

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah, poor sod. He's only paid about £20 grand a week and why should we as fans be surprised when he misses an open goal from eight yards out.Of course people can be critical when he takes more than hard working people's annual wage in 1-2 weeks. That glaring miss could have cost us the game. A professional footballer (no matter what position) should never miss a gilt edged opportunity.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

noisycat wrote:Why do people keep saying, he's not a striker as if to excuse him for missing that chance. He's an international professional footballer and should be scoring from that range,irrespective of where he plays.

Hes a winger he picks up the ball to diagonally to shoot !

That's why he isn't a striker

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 pm

3pts at the end of the day .

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:10 am

Im not being funny but...... ;)

IMG_3832.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.