Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pilkington

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Please stop playing him as an out and out striker; he isn't.

When you have a proper striker you know he will score in one and one moments or in the six yard box. Tonight on neither occasion did I ever think he was going to score. Put him back on the wing.

Mind you begs the question what the other strikers on the books are doing. I'd be embarrassed to be overlooked for a convert striker.

Well played Cardiff and great work by the management and squad,

Re: Pilkington

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Urr what choice did Warnock have?
Lambert injured, Chamach obviously not fit enough yet.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:14 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Urr what choice did Warnock have?

I agree, no choice at all and he did start him on wing! I was gutted to see nooney come on, worked out in the end. Lambert was linking really well but I don't think he would have been in those one on one positions in first place. Striker in Jan priority. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Can you suggest what else he could have done with the options he had on the bench baring in mind that Chamakh is nowhere near match fit?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:41 pm

I think he means zahore and Fred

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 pm

I reckon he makes more chances and has more of an impact playing striker or number 10 instead of a winger

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 pm

All comments say "what choice"?! As my post said the club is paying for Zohore and Fred not to mention the Development Squad strikers. How long is Rhys Healey to be promising?

He had Chamakh on the bench. How many strikers do you have to pay for yet still play a winger as a striker? Just look at Pilkington's goal scoring record: in total;on the wing and as a striker.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Urr what choice did Warnock have?

I agree, no choice at all and he did start him on wing! I was gutted to see nooney come on, worked out in the end. Lambert was linking really well but I don't think he would have been in those one on one positions in first place. Striker in Jan priority. :thumbup:

Agree Lambert wouldn't have had the legs to get in either position. Quality touch and strength but my nans quicker than him. I think a one year contract may have been more fitting but he will still get fitter I think.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:04 am

I thought we looked far more dangerous when he moved into the middle and Noone came on! We had pace on both wings and Pilkington provided an option in behind which we didn't have with Lambert.

Unfortunately Lamberts legs are gone so until Jan I think he's our best option up top. We need to except he will be hit and miss with his finishing and get behind him and the players because they are now giving us everything.

Not ideal but that's what you get when you buy the strikers we have for the last 2 years and then your only recognised striker is 35 and is never going to play a full championship campaign.

No one can knock their effort so let's get behind them and make the city stadium a fortress again.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 am

londonlegal wrote:All comments say "what choice"?! As my post said the club is paying for Zohore and Fred not to mention the Development Squad strikers. How long is Rhys Healey to be promising?

He had Chamakh on the bench. How many strikers do you have to pay for yet still play a winger as a striker? Just look at Pilkington's goal scoring record: in total;on the wing and as a striker.

Doesn't matter who the club are paying for.
As a manager, Warnock is picking his best option at the time. And that is Pilkington.
Does a great job.