Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gunnarsson

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:54 pm

What a monster! Another man of the match performance and it's a mystery why any of our previous managers haven't played Gunnarsson in his Iceland role. It's obvious that's his perfect position. Gunnarsson as the defensive shield in front of our centre backs will stop us being the soft touch we used to be.

I loved him bossing his marker to score and his shoulder barge in the second half is exactly the determined aggression we've been lacking. Warnock has set us up to never be a pushover anymore. Gunnarsson gave us the platform today, finally we have a good manager to play him correctly!

Re: Gunnarsson

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:59 pm

He was outstanding today especially after looking completely knackered after sheff wed. Hes being made to play the role hes comfortable with as is whittingham, and the difference is immense

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:What a monster! Another man of the match performance and it's a mystery why any of our previous managers haven't played Gunnarsson in his Iceland role. It's obvious that's his perfect position. Gunnarsson as the defensive shield in front of our centre backs will stop us being the soft touch we used to be.

I loved him bossing his marker to score and his shoulder barge in the second half is exactly the determined aggression we've been lacking. Warnock has set us up to never be a pushover anymore. Gunnarsson gave us the platform today, finally we have a good manager to play him correctly!

He's just immense! Our number 1 player in my opinion. If Warnock can strengthen our midfield around him and Ralls in January and maybe get a sharpshooter then I can see us going places :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:08 pm

englishbluebird wrote:He was outstanding today especially after looking completely knackered after sheff wed. Hes being made to play the role hes comfortable with as is whittingham, and the difference is immense

It does look all a bit simple really. Step the pace up, Gunnerson as the no nonsense stopper, Whitts getting better week on week back in the DJ role (all be it as a CM) and Ralls allowed to run around and follow the ball.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Yep simple game posted this last week. Do what you do best. :thumbup:

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 pm

:thumbup:

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Woeful shooter and passer but a gutsy player and useful when used right.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 am

A class act and a true inspiration. Mr Cardiff City!

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 pm

An Icelandic warrior.for pressing the opposition and breaking up the opposition play no one better.