Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WARNOCK AND TROLLOPE

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Cardiff have won 7 points from a possible 9 under Neil Warnock, having won 8 from a possible 33 before his arrival.

Re: THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WARNOCK AND TROLLOPE

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Its the no nonsense Neil Warnock classic approach.No fancy formations ,no playing from the back just solidity ,hard work and getting results. The players certainly didn't help Trollope with their attitude but unfortunately he was simply out of his depth.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Play the Wales way, hahaha, what a load of bollocks. Where's our Bale, Ramsey and Allen???

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:02 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:Play the Wales way, hahaha, what a load of bollocks. Where's our Bale, Ramsey and Allen???

Exactly. Poor Trollope was the last person on the planet to see this

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Yep agree, play to your strengths. Work and reap the rewards. This team will get better once he establishes it. Good times ahead. :thumbup:

Bennet, hoilet, bamba, Richardson all stepped up to it and gunnar like a new signing. He's been told, stop them playing and let the other boys win he matches. Immense. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Warnock > organised .... Trollope > Trollope :wave:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:07 pm

erinsown wrote:Warnock > organised .... Trollope > Trollope :wave:

:lol: :laughing5:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:
erinsown wrote:Warnock > organised .... Trollope > Trollope :wave:

:lol: :laughing5:

If you asked Paul trollope today he would still say he would of won the league with Cardiff city :sleepy2:

Cardiff were awesome. A good night to be a bluebird. Closing down tackling. Everything. Should have won 6-0. Gunner brilliant. Love Cardiff love warlock. Enough said.

Cardiff were awesome. A good night to be a bluebird. Closing down tackling. Everything. Should have won 6-0. Gunner brilliant. Love Cardiff love warlock. Enough said.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Warnock an experienced Manager,Trollope an experienced Coach,different jobs?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:21 pm

ianto13 wrote:Warnock an experienced Manager,Trollope an experienced Coach,different jobs?

Bang on m8

Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Is that Warnock is a proven Manager and Trollope is an ok coach who hasn't got the first idea how to manage a pub team .....

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:44 am

The massive gulf in class of the two men (in footballing terms) is evident after only three games! ;)

Not knocking Trollope for 'having a go' at the job, but for once the City hierarchy read the early signs and made the right decisions for the good of the club! :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:05 am

Not defending Paul Trollope here but, we played against quite possibly the worse team I have seen for many a year, 10 of them also instead of 11, and we could just get over the line! For those saying it was a professional performance, I would say that is being diplomatic or have just got rose tinted glasses on. Yes we created chances, but did not finish them. Our play was slow and predictable, whitts was a ray of sunshine mind, but we were poor and scared with no ideas. I think we will get better under warnock, but let's see where we are in the table at the end of January, maybe then we will know if we are advancing or not. :bluebird:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:44 am

The good thing about yesterday is that we actually created chances where it was easier to score than miss but our lot managed it anyway. :lol: But if we keep creating like this it won't be long before we start tuning teams anyway.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 am

North Wales Blue wrote:Play the Wales way, hahaha, what a load of bollocks. Where's our Bale, Ramsey and Allen???

Spot on. A good manager assesses his squad and then determines the formation from what he has to play with. Trollope committed the cardinal sin in picking a system first and then trying to fit the players into it.

After the Euros like everyone else I felt the 5-3-2 system could be a game changer especially with Fabio bombing down one of the flanks. With hindsight that was naïve thinking and thank goodness NW is now here to instil a bit of reality.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:35 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Not defending Paul Trollope here but, we played against quite possibly the worse team I have seen for many a year, 10 of them also instead of 11, and we could just get over the line! For those saying it was a professional performance, I would say that is being diplomatic or have just got rose tinted glasses on. Yes we created chances, but did not finish them. Our play was slow and predictable, whitts was a ray of sunshine mind, but we were poor and scared with no ideas. I think we will get better under warnock, but let's see where we are in the table at the end of January, maybe then we will know if we are advancing or not. :bluebird:

Apart from the penalty Forest didn't look like scoring. They are the top scorers in the league. 7 points from 9 against 2 teams in the play off positions and a team scoring plenty of goals.

7 points more than we would have got under Trollope IMO.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Lets be honest if Warnock was not here and we played like we did against Bristol Sheff Wed and Forest we would have lost all 3 , we had no idea what we were doing the players didn't look interested and Trollop didn't know how to fix it.

It is clear we still need a striker otherwise I think the team are doing really well , thank you Mr Warnock

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Simple really - Warnock knows this league, Trollope doesn't - SIMPLES!

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Spot on. A good manager assesses his squad and then determines the formation from what he has to play with. Trollope committed the cardinal sin in picking a system first and then trying to fit the players into it.

After the Euros like everyone else I felt the 5-3-2 system could be a game changer especially with Fabio bombing down one of the flanks. With hindsight that was naïve thinking and thank goodness NW is now here to instil a bit of reality.

Maybe a bit of reality into some of the members of this forum as well. I remember loads on here getting all worked up because Trollope was appointed and was going to get Cardiff to play the Welsh way, and that supposedly guaranteed us a play off place at least. Then they made excuse after excuse why it was'nt working, then they called for his head. Was never going to work for one simple reason, Cardiff City are not Wales. Warnock is not using rocket science, he is playing players where they are best suited, and playing a style and formation that suits the players he has available to him.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Maybe a bit of reality into some of the members of this forum as well. I remember loads on here getting all worked up because Trollope was appointed and was going to get Cardiff to play the Welsh way, and that supposedly guaranteed us a play off place at least. Then they made excuse after excuse why it was'nt working, then they called for his head. Was never going to work for one simple reason, Cardiff City are not Wales. Warnock is not using rocket science, he is playing players where they are best suited, and playing a style and formation that suits the players he has available to him.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:11 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Simple really - Warnock knows this league, Trollope doesn't - SIMPLES!

And Benitez sit on top of the league.. Maybe not that simple after all?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:Simple really - Warnock knows this league, Trollope doesn't - SIMPLES!

Ridiculous comparison Benitez has managed in the top leagues in Europe Trollope hasn't so yeah its simple.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Ridiculous comparison Benitez has managed in the top leagues in Europe Trollope hasn't so yeah its simple.

Not the point though, was it forum donky?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

you never fail to amaze me the guy that said Ole was the next Guardiola. :shock: :o :laughing6:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

you never fail to amaze me the guy that said Ole was the next Guardiola. :shock: :o :laughing6:

Oh dear..

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Oh dear..

Oh dear indeed. :laughing6:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Try to catch the point of the post. I know it will be your first kiddo, but go for it..

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Try to catch the point of the post. I know it will be your first kiddo, but go for it..

Here's one for you Ole didn't have experience and he did uh...not so well, so yeah you need experience Benitez managed in Prem, Serie A and La Liga and won domestic trophies including all European competitions so that's way more than enough experience to manage in the Championship hes too good for it try again with a better comparison. :thumbup: