Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WARNOCK AND TROLLOPE

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Not the point kiddo, try again.. And Benitez didn't exactly fly the first couple of games either. What Ole has to do with anything is beyond me, but your mind is always a party kiddo..

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Not the point kiddo, try again.. And Benitez didn't exactly fly the first couple of games either. What Ole has to do with anything is beyond me, but your mind is always a party kiddo..

A manager doesn't have to have experience in the championship to do well basically which is you're point I knew that :lol: but not necessarily true as Ole is an example a worthy mention you need championship experience to do well because most of the time having a manager without it you won't do well. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Not the point kiddo, try again.. And Benitez didn't exactly fly the first couple of games either. What Ole has to do with anything is beyond me, but your mind is always a party kiddo..

A manager doesn't have to have experience in the championship to do well basically which is you're point I knew that :lol: but not necessarily true as Ole is an example a worthy mention you need championship experience to do well because most of the time having a manager without it you won't do well. :thumbup:

Many examples I'm sure. Like your hero Slade. But we are talking about Trollope are we not? There might be hundreds of reasons why things didn't work out, but there is always a simple answer for some. It's called generalization, you will learn about it when you get older.. not a smart thing to do.. Think Benitez had the same score as Ole after 8 games, doesn't mean I think they are the same- there's that generalization again. Sleep tight Rhydo, and say Hi to your mom from me..

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Many examples I'm sure. Like your hero Slade. But we are talking about Trollope are we not? There might be hundreds of reasons why things didn't work out, but there is always a simple answer for some. It's called generalization, you will learn about it when you get older.. not a smart thing to do.. Think Benitez had the same score as Ole after 8 games, doesn't mean I think they are the same- there's that generalization again. Sleep tight Rhydo, and say Hi to your mom from me..

Say Hi to Ole for me. :laughing6: :wave:

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:58 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
North Wales Blue wrote:Play the Wales way, hahaha, what a load of bollocks. Where's our Bale, Ramsey and Allen???

Spot on. A good manager assesses his squad and then determines the formation from what he has to play with. Trollope committed the cardinal sin in picking a system first and then trying to fit the players into it.

After the Euros like everyone else I felt the 5-3-2 system could be a game changer especially with Fabio bombing down one of the flanks. With hindsight that was naïve thinking and thank goodness NW is now here to instil a bit of reality.

Maybe a bit of reality into some of the members of this forum as well. I remember loads on here getting all worked up because Trollope was appointed and was going to get Cardiff to play the Welsh way, and that supposedly guaranteed us a play off place at least. Then they made excuse after excuse why it was'nt working, then they called for his head. Was never going to work for one simple reason, Cardiff City are not Wales. Warnock is not using rocket science, he is playing players where they are best suited, and playing a style and formation that suits the players he has available to him.

Not me. The main issue I had with PT's appointment and the announcement of playing the Wales way was the simple fact that we had no spine like Wales - i.e. Bale, Ramsey, Allen and Williams. He could have chosen the Barcelona way and we would still have been relegation fodder.