Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We could be 5 points off the play offs very soon!

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Wigan next at home. What a great fight back up the table by our new Manager if we win this game you wouldnt bet on it stopping! :ayatollah:

Re: We could be 5 points off the play offs very soon!

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:59 pm

i wish it was that easy..... I doubt brum, worzels and reading will all lose and we win.....

But its been 12 point then 9 now 8...I'll just take the win :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Thing is, there are another 32 games to play, so we can easily get near the top 6 :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Doesn't really work like that unfortunately, we've just gained 7 points from 3 games and only just edged out of the play offs.

Someone put on here last week if we win were 6 points off the play offs, I'm not sure weather it was a bit tounge in cheek.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Long way to go - Stay unbeaten for a few more games - and get up that table ;)

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 am

nubbsy wrote:Doesn't really work like that unfortunately, we've just gained 7 points from 3 games and only just edged out of the play offs.

Someone put on here last week if we win were 6 points off the play offs, I'm not sure weather it was a bit tounge in cheek.

It was a bit tongue in cheek mate although had we beaten Wednesday, we'd be 6 points away from being on the same points as the bottom playoff team (we have terrible goal difference) ;-)

If we can keep going with an average of two points per game then we will shoot up the table by January. It's a big ask though with Huddersfield, Villa and Newcastle coming up.

Saying that, there is more pressure on those three teams to beat us that us to beat them. I'd be happy with three points from these three games but if we beat Huddersfield and snatch a draw at Villa, 4 from 9 would be a respectable return.

But, I'm a blind optimist at the moment.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 am

It is very unlikely, the next few games including Newcastle, Villa and Huddersfield are as tough as it gets.

If we get any more than 3 points out of those 3 games then I for one will start to look at those play-off places !!