Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Former Cardiff City legend retires from playing football '

Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Stephen mcphail has today announced his retirement.

One of my favourite players in the recent years for city!

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/10/2 ... -football/ :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Good luck for the future :ayatollah:

' Stephen McPhail retires '

Saturday, 22 October 2016

McphailPlayer/Coach at Shamrock Rovers F.C. in 2016, today marks the end of an era for one of this country's most skilful players, a leader and a gentleman on and off the pitch.

Stephen has made the following announcement:

"Today I announce my retirement from professional football. I have always dreaded this day coming.

The opportunity to play in over 500 competitive games and represent my country has been a dream come true. I am very grateful to have spent over 20 years in football. I owe so much to the best game in the world. I have had unbelievable experiences and hold many great memories. It has really moulded me into the person that I am today.

From my Grandad Paddy bringing me to play for Rush Athletic at 5 years of age to now, I need to thank so many people for helping me along the way. I have been lucky to work with brilliant people at great football clubs.

Most of all I am thankful to my family, my friends, my amazing wife Michelle and my kids Kari and Joel for all their support. I will be forever grateful.

I would also like to thank Home Farm for everything they did for me and Shamrock Rovers for giving me the opportunity to enjoy the last part of my career at home in Dublin. It means a lot.

I hope to stay in the game in the future and give something back that was given to me. It is all I know and love.

Football, thank you for everything".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Former Cardiff City legend retires from playing footba

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:27 pm

:ayatollah: Superb professional :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Macca on...

Cardiff City:

"The first result I look for is Cardiff. I still speak to Peter Whittingham a lot, we have always kept in touch. I watch Cardiff City live on television."

"Cardiff have passionate, loyal fans who treated me well when I was playing for the club. I am planning a trip to Cardiff around Christmas to watch a game or two. I’m looking forward to that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:44 pm

One of the best central midfield partnerships we had at this level was when him and Gavin Rae were in their peak for us. They just complimented each other for half a season. He had his peaks and his troughs with us but overall he was a top player for us. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Deserves all the best wishes for the future from all City fans. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Great man.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:05 am

A true pro.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:36 am

Steve McPhail; super player for Cardiff city FC and a great guy to boot! :thumbup:

Had some major set backs in his life/career but kept smiling and he once told me (we happened to be in hospital having ops at the same time) his biggest fear was not being able to help his wife with the kids! :lol:

Good luck Stephen McPhail and your family in whatever you choose to do next! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:31 pm

salopiancity wrote:Deserves all the best wishes for the future from all City fans. :ayatollah:

:thumbup: