Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Terrible away support but why?

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Gezza wrote:All the glory boys be back for villa away!!!! The 300 who made the trip today made it feel like 3000.

:laughing6: :notworthy: :laughing6: see for villa mate. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:39 pm

A winning team will bring the fans back in numbers. When the team dig in for each other with passion. Thats where it starts and warnock will get 110% from his players. Then the team deserve support, no reason to stay away then.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Gezza wrote:All the glory boys be back for villa away!!!! The 300 who made the trip today made it feel like 3000.

I didn't go today because I have to budget and I've already paid to go to Villa, as I've done Forest several times before, it was live on Sky and I believe Villa will be a better day out. I guess that makes me a glory boy then... :roll:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I didn't go today because I have to budget and I've already paid to go to Villa, as I've done Forest several times before, it was live on Sky and I believe Villa will be a better day out. I guess that makes me a glory boy then... :roll:

Tounge in cheek Tonteg, I pick my 5 like most do. Fulham, burton, villa next then will see what I fancies after that. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Tounge in cheek Tonteg, I pick my 5 like most do. Fulham, burton, villa next then will see what I fancies after that. :thumbup:

Same here, I'm looking forward to Villa. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 pm

It's all well and good saying our away support is shite but we have very few local games. Bristol aside, our next closest rival is Villa. List all the other Championship sides and they all have many derby games.
Its easy to take 3000 15 miles down the road.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:55 pm

I used to run coaches regularly from the Rhondda, the vast majority of people who were on them went to watch the game and for a fight. Now some of these delights have been taken away[ for various reasons], they don't go anymore. Quite simple to work out the decline in support!

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Ross, 100% you and you Father are not glory fans, you are genuine loyal City fans :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:52 am

Have to say that a lot of the reason for people not going away so much has been apathy at the way the club has appeared to have been run down in recent seasons and the lack of genuinely competitive games that make spending decent amounts of money on travel and tickets worthwhile and by that I mean a lot of our games have been 'nothing' games for the last two seasons or so :(

However, I think the arrival of Neil Warnock (many of us called for him two seasons ago) and the apparent shift in the thinking of those at the top may just see us enjoy an upturn in performances/results, which will in turn raise the feel good factor and see many people look forward to going to games rather than turning up out of pure habit! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:28 am

We can keep going over this forever and a day, the fact is boys, that horrible night when our stadium went red was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of supporters and will never return, apart from the occasional home game. They feel as though they do not belong to this club, and that was the key for a lot of supporters, a togetherness. We keep saying it, but in years to come, people will realize what Tan has done, he put all his eggs in one basket and played the fair weather, success supporter. He misjudged the loyalty of Cardiff supporters and now those supporters have said f%&k you and have walked away.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:12 am

Well said.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:04 am

Fergy1927 wrote:Well said.

Neath Bluebird is correct to a point and I am one to say that the 'Red' issue has been dragged out way too long but he can't say (quote) "will never return, apart from the occasional home game" as to come to the 'occasional' game is to say they HAVE returned and are (as I stated) simply being more choosy ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:52 am

It was a shame to see so few of us there,

I can't do many aways cos of work so I guess I get the buzz partly cos when I can go I love it.
Yesterday seemed like it used to be but only cos of the singing, the bar at Notts county was empty in comparison to years ago I went there and it was rammed.
as u went through the turnstiles yesterday it was empty of fans and the only lot bouncing n singing were some youngsters but they did liven up what was a quiet pre match chill

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am

We are still a sleeping giant.
And bigger than some on here think.

We lost our way and lost a hardcore of supporters thought Tan decisions.
Some will never come back, some only when Tan goes and some when we show
ambition and excitement.

The negativity and poor football over the last few seasons has had a massive impact.
Sniping between fans has been destructive.
New fans are called plastic cos they never went to Halifax on a cold Tuesday night ffs.

The time now is to re-stabilise after Tan and the sucking board kicked the boards
from under us when we were finally reaching for the top.

I think Tan has learned, we have endured and the club has matured.

The second coming awaits..........

:bluescarf:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:25 am

For a start football in general has changed and so have the fans who now follow it. Youngsters have a multitude of interests these days in comparison to the 70s and 80s and therefore the majority can take it or leave it. Many who are commenting on how poor our support is are in their 40s and 50s and complaining about how much it costs for them and a child or two, well there's the difference already, when we went away in numbers in the 80s, how many kids with dads were there, how many wives?? Zilch, those who travelled, were 99% with their mates, looking after number one. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but cost wise, there was only one person to pay out for, yourself.
Someone, commented, that the 'Glory Hunters' will be back for Villa, which is funny really, as Forest away a few years back was one of the top fixtures, that everyone pencilled in, in other words, a game fit for glory hunters.
Specifically, there is a problem here at Cardiff with falling numbers in support and re-energizing that support, however, in general it is also a football problem, you look at the crowd in any game and the crowd is 80% 40 year old upwards, which suggests that the younger supporters are not being attracted to the game. It, is a legacy of the hooligan days, in that the football authorities are so paranoid with the image of the game, they have taken measures to take all the risk and with it all the fun out the match day experience for the kids as part of their passage of life.
Until they adopt a more flexible attitude, like Germany for instance, then crowds will continue to fall across the board and kids that align themselves to clubs will diminish.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:42 am

LutonBluebird wrote:It was a shame to see so few of us there,

I can't do many aways cos of work so I guess I get the buzz partly cos when I can go I love it.
Yesterday seemed like it used to be but only cos of the singing, the bar at Notts county was empty in comparison to years ago I went there and it was rammed.
as u went through the turnstiles yesterday it was empty of fans and the only lot bouncing n singing were some youngsters but they did liven up what was a quiet pre match chill

Yes I guess Meadow Lane was quiet yesterday Jules! What were you doing there; taking photos for another stadium? :laughing6:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:For a start football in general has changed and so have the fans who now follow it. Youngsters have a multitude of interests these days in comparison to the 70s and 80s and therefore the majority can take it or leave it. Many who are commenting on how poor our support is are in their 40s and 50s and complaining about how much it costs for them and a child or two, well there's the difference already, when we went away in numbers in the 80s, how many kids with dads were there, how many wives?? Zilch, those who travelled, were 99% with their mates, looking after number one. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but cost wise, there was only one person to pay out for, yourself.
Someone, commented, that the 'Glory Hunters' will be back for Villa, which is funny really, as Forest away a few years back was one of the top fixtures, that everyone pencilled in, in other words, a game fit for glory hunters.
Specifically, there is a problem here at Cardiff with falling numbers in support and re-energizing that support, however, in general it is also a football problem, you look at the crowd in any game and the crowd is 80% 40 year old upwards, which suggests that the younger supporters are not being attracted to the game. It, is a legacy of the hooligan days, in that the football authorities are so paranoid with the image of the game, they have taken measures to take all the risk and with it all the fun out the match day experience for the kids as part of their passage of life.
Until they adopt a more flexible attitude, like Germany for instance, then crowds will continue to fall across the board and kids that align themselves to clubs will diminish.

The PL has never been so popular with every game sold out.
The big championship clubs are also all atracting more than 20,000 per game.
Only small clubs are taking small numbers away :bluebird:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:41 am

A great win yesterday, 7 points from the 3 games under NW, out of the relegation zone and yet people still got to find something to moan about. :roll:

So boring it's unreal. Zzzzzzzz.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Only done 2 away trips so far - this was not one of them.

5pm KO and on TV does not help considering you would spend most of your w/e travelling/recovering.

Team performance, until recently, has not inspired me to travel to watch some of the crap Trollope was dishing out.

With NW in charge we are looking much better and hopefully the away support (and home) will bet bigger

Well done to all those that went :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm

What a stupid post Glory hunting watching Cardiff come on really.

Austria away made money tight Villa for weekend next I must be a Glory fan.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Yes I guess Meadow Lane was quiet yesterday Jules! What were you doing there; taking photos for another stadium? :laughing6:

Yeah haven't done a Notts County yet lol

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I look forward to seeing photos of that one :thumbup: The ones you've shown are brilliant, I just wonder where you get the room to keep them all :thumbup:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 pm

City Slicker wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I look forward to seeing photos of that one :thumbup: The ones you've shown are brilliant, I just wonder where you get the room to keep them all :thumbup:

I had 5 in the house once but sell them so they r soon gone

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:43 am

How many times have we been to forest in the last 15 years? I think folk are bored with the same away trips all the time. Look how many Newcastle and villa are taking away at the moment despite relegation? New adventures. Just after we got promoted to this league in 2003 we took 4000 to forest I believe, the jacks had about 5000 for a home game the same time.
Things can change very quickly in football.