Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Bloody hell breaking "red"news "

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:05 pm

BournvilleBlue wrote:Let's not burn the red scarfs, what sort of message would that send Tan. I didn't like the re-brand but I think that wouldn't be a sensible thing to do. He is starting to change things for the better, let's just all move forward rather than keep bringing the re-brand up at every opportunity. It is our history, not a good time for many but something we will always remember.

:thumbup:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Really pleased to hear this news it will make our home more complete. Well done again to the club. Amendments are being made. Annis I am sure burning scarfs outside the Stadium was tongue in cheek but send them to charity abroad is good suggetsion.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Brilliant news about the seats.
Now if we can just have our proper pre-rebrand badge back, I'll be well satisfied.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:40 pm

norms76 wrote:Here's how it could look. :bluescarf:

IMG_1560.JPG

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Cardiff Am Byth wrote:I know I'll get absolutely slated for this but... I don't mind the red seats. They certainly make the stadium look unique and considering we are now the home of Welsh football it doesn't seem too out of place. Maybe if the Ayatollah design was changed to Cymru/Wales it would look better.
I also think that its a good reminder to how much happened in the 2.5 years that we were red and the issues that the fans and club faced and no matter your views the rebrand is one of the biggest parts of our history

As I said though that's just my opinion and I'm not against the seats being changed at all

No prefer the Ayatollah! Its unique and its our own identity. It was one of the better Tan ideas.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:21 pm

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Great news.

Agree Annis, all red scarfs and tops collected and given to the homeless for winter.

Jack, That idea is a good one :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Can't see the homeless wearing that shit but worth a try :bluebird:

Ha ha totally agree.No living being would want to wear that cack :bluebird:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Danny Says wrote:
ni hao wrote:

IMG_1560.JPG

Much better!

The red seats simply look out of place - but lets get rid of the Ayatollah too!

and the anti English chants particularly as a lot of our team and management are English.

I can't tell if you two are being sarcastic but I hope so

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Good. They've been an eyesore since day 1

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:00 pm

As much as I want this to be true, I have a question why does it have to wait until the summer ?

The stand is not open during Cardiff City games so if this was happening why wouldn't it be done now ?

As I say, I hope it's true :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:As much as I want this to be true, I have a question why does it have to wait until the summer ?

The stand is not open during Cardiff City games so if this was happening why wouldn't it be done now ?

Carl,

If it's true, Tan/Dalman and Choo will have decided why, or even Wayne Nash.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:09 pm

IMG_1560.JPG

Much better, I don't care if they are not used it just looks right.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Much as I hate the red seats should Ccfc be spending a fortune replacing them. Wouldn't it be better to
Swap seats around so that there are small blocks of red in each corner with the ninian stand being all blue.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:49 pm

This is going to cost Jules (Luton Bluebird) a fortune in new blue lego blocks.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:13 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:This is going to cost Jules (Luton Bluebird) a fortune in new blue lego blocks.

:lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 pm

take the seats out of the Canton and put them up there.
then safe standing in the canton. kills 2 birds with 1 stone then

or for the older ones put a big captain morgan rum sign up there and petition it off. same as the roof on the old bob bank

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:47 am

Exciting times and as said before Tans making some good moves for our club. I always wished that we could have the yellow back on the kit too? Perhaps that pushing it too far but not going to complain with the current situation as for the first time in a while things are looking up!

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Double G wrote:take the seats out of the Canton and put them up there.
then safe standing in the canton. kills 2 birds with 1 stone then

or for the older ones put a big captain morgan rum sign up there and petition it off. same as the roof on the old bob bank

safe standing systems is the future I think

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Think it would look brilliant if we could have the top tier seats as the st davids flag design.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Block 104 wrote:Think it would look brilliant if we could have the top tier seats as the st davids flag design.

This is a brilliant idea, or the welsh flag, that way they could use some of the red seats and reduce the cost of changing the seats.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:32 pm

thomasblue wrote:I actually quite like the red seats it changes it up a bit from just a boring all blue stadium .

Nothing to do with the rebrand it just makes the ground stand out over other modern stadiums with the same design like reading

The red seats above the blue looks f*cking terrible.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:28 pm

murphy wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I actually quite like the red seats it changes it up a bit from just a boring all blue stadium .

Nothing to do with the rebrand it just makes the ground stand out over other modern stadiums with the same design like reading

The red seats above the blue looks f*cking terrible.[/quote

Would brand new blue seats above faded old ones look any better . It may not look bad now but when you add new we will end up with a two tone stadium . Thay will never match up the colours without replacing the whole ground . A feature would be better

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:37 pm

BlueDredd wrote:I'll be keeping my red scarf. Which ever way you look at it.. in 40 to 50 years it'll still be a piece of Cardiff history.

:ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Like the plague

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 pm

BlueDredd wrote:I'll be keeping my red scarf. Which ever way you look at it.. in 40 to 50 years it'll still be a piece of Cardiff history.

:ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Yeah a piece of history no one wants to be associated with. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:19 pm

The red seats above the blue looks f*cking terrible.

Would brand new blue seats above faded old ones look any better . It may not look bad now but when you add new we will end up with a two tone stadium . Thay will never match up the colours without replacing the whole ground . A feature would be better.

They will look fine thanks.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:17 am

thomasblue wrote:
murphy wrote:

The red seats above the blue looks f*cking terrible.[/quote

Would brand new blue seats above faded old ones look any better . It may not look bad now but when you add new we will end up with a two tone stadium . Thay will never match up the colours without replacing the whole ground . A feature would be better

Yes blue would be better. Red was nothing but bad for the club and need to be eradicated from our history. Before you mention our away kit. Other clubs don't have away colours as stadium seats.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 am

carlccfc wrote:As much as I want this to be true, I have a question why does it have to wait until the summer ?

Like you I don't know if this is true but the reason why they would wait until the end of the season is pretty easy to explain I would have thought.

Contractors having a "clean" site is always quicker and , subsequently, cheaper. Therefore if they wait for the end of the season they won't have all the H&S issues around access to the ground, completely clearing up afterwards, storage of new seats, etc.

Just my opinion and no inside knowledge !!

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Like you I don't know if this is true but the reason why they would wait until the end of the season is pretty easy to explain I would have thought.

Contractors having a "clean" site is always quicker and , subsequently, cheaper. Therefore if they wait for the end of the season they won't have all the H&S issues around access to the ground, completely clearing up afterwards, storage of new seats, etc.

That's total crap. We had 15 flourescent light fittings changed in the factory the other day by contractors while we carried on with our work directly underneath them.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Dahboy wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

That's total crap. We had 15 flourescent light fittings changed in the factory the other day by contractors while we carried on with our work directly underneath them.

:lol: :roll:

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

:lol: :roll:

:laughing6: :notworthy: