Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol Fans - Warnock

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Had a quick gander over on their forum for thoughts on the game in a few weeks etc and a lot seem very much less confident now which is fair enough.

They also seem to hate Warnock too and seem to really dislike us, more than I thought tbh.

From a personal view I have no fierce hate for Bristol and quite like the way Lee Johnson sets up his teams and always speaks well on TV to be honest.

The Jacks have always been the number one rivalry for me.

The three points week Friday would still be lovely tho :) :ayatollah:

Heres the link if any fancy a look for yourselves http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179921-cardiff-warnock-merged/&page=3

Re: Bristol Fans - Warnock

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:49 pm

cardiffred wrote:Had a quick gander over on their forum for thoughts on the game in a few weeks etc and a lot seem very much less confident now which is fair enough.

They also seem to hate Warnock too and seem to really dislike us, more than I thought tbh.

From a personal view I have no fierce hate for Bristol and quite like the way Lee Johnson sets up his teams and always speaks well on TV to be honest.

Heres the link if any fancy a look for yourselves http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179921-cardiff-warnock-merged/&page=3

You have no hate for Bristol City? Perhaps that's because they play in red? :laughing6:
With regards to Swansea, it depends on how old you are to a big extent.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Oh I don't know, they still seem pretty confident to me of a win and some even say comfortable win! Look if we don't win against Bristol city it's not really a massive problem - the main thing is he Warnock gets us safe and out of the relegation zone etc - that's what's more important. Win to Bristol and go down or Lose to Bristol and stay up - I know which one is rather.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
cardiffred wrote:Had a quick gander over on their forum for thoughts on the game in a few weeks etc and a lot seem very much less confident now which is fair enough.

You have no hate for Bristol City? Perhaps that's because they play in red? :laughing6:
With regards to Swansea, it depends on how old you are to a big extent.

Exactly! The Worzels have always been the number one rivals for me, and they certainly don't like us. Always had a soft spot for the Gas though. Enjoyed my trip over there recently, even though we lost.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Oy can't read and oy can't write but oy can droive a tractor

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Oh I don't know, they still seem pretty confident to me of a win and some even say comfortable win! Look if we don't win against Bristol city it's not really a massive problem - the main thing is he Warnock gets us safe and out of the relegation zone etc - that's what's more important. Win to Bristol and go down or Lose to Bristol and stay up - I know which one is rather.

Agree

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Bristol city hate us like the Jacks and the feeling is mutual. I think it's going to be a good atmosphere with them riding high at the moment and us needing to get out of the relegation zone, with the added fun of us getting a manager we are excited about who doesn't like there manager or basically there club.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Properly hate these wankers

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:55 pm

I genuinely hate the brizzle scum. Hate them more than any other team and wish nothing but ill will and misfortune on them. Horrible english tossers

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:22 pm

You probably started following us in our prem season judging by your name so wouldn't expect you to understand the rivalry.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 am

Tractor driving farmers :bluebird:

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:23 am

Used to have a bit of banter in work with a Bristolian till he found out who I supported, now he ignores me, like all their fans, complete and utter scum.

Gassers on other hand, have plenty of time for, great team.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:18 pm

You've obviously forgot when they attacked a load of Cardiff vans on Cheltenham station both inbred worzel scum with the worst accent in Britain.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:36 am

Why is it that people in border regions such as Bristol try and be more patriotic than other their fellow countryman ??? My brother lives in Chepstow and he sees it all the time. I remember travelling home from Cardiff mid 1990'a and Bristol came off the 125 train which I was getting on to go home they just steamed in people on the platform pathetic really.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:54 am

We have had it pretty good against them since we beat them in that playoff semi 14 years ago, a fine day that was made even sweeter by the fact I was living in Bristol at that time. This upcoming game was a worry, live on sky I feared capitulation on the scale we dished out to them a few years back. Now I'm not so bothered, at least we will be fired up and give it a go. Bigger crowd too. Can't see them doing too much this season, just miss out on the playoffs probably then back to league 1 when the manager leaves..... :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:41 am

Bristol city are complete wan&hers.

Will not even look you in the eye if you meet up due to work
Or other situations. Pure hate.

The Gas are Bristol.
They still love to have it though as
Many who read here will testify.

City are just chavs.

We are their hated rivals.

I hope our younger fans realise this. :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:05 am

Why are they known as the Gas ?

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:18 am

Their old ground Eastville was adjacent to a large gasworks, hence the name.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Rovers is in the far nicer northern suburbs of Bristol too, the level of support in the city itself always seemed even to me. The red lot just draw support from areas south of Bristol to gain a few more.