Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Choo Change

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:08 pm

I have been reading this board now for many many years. Now I feel is the time to make my first post.

Cardiff City Football Club is a shambles.

Taking exerts from the trust comments last night where "Mr Choo agrees that the current formation is wrong and although in todays modern game players should be able to adapt to playing in more than one position , but are playing in a style they feel uncomfortable with"

Can I now take an exert from the South Wales Echo dated the 9th of September less than 1 month ago: this is the opening paragraph. "Based on Wales' successful Euro 2016 methods and unofficially titled 'The Cardiff Way', manager Paul Trollope has been asked to implement a style of play that becomes synonymous with the Bluebirds."

So the question is whose style is it?

But it seems from the article Mr Choo also comments on the success of the said system in the same article. ""Paul knows it is about results, but he also says that we as Board members and the fans need to give him time to build this pattern of play.

"So, for example, our under-21s have replicated the exact same system and have won their last four matches playing that way.

"The under-18s also play with the same tactics and they're doing well too. We're trying it lower down further. So when future players from those sides make the grade into the senior team, they will be comfortable and familiar with the style adopted."

Has he been given time?

There is more from this cracker of an article: Mr Choo further elaborates.

"Vincent planned this before Wales' success in the Euros, identified it as the direction in which we should be going. Remember, we appointed a Welshman in Paul Trollope to the top job before anything happened out in France and encouraged him to be part of the Wales coaching set-up out there.

"We have signed a number of Welsh players. James Rowberry, the youngest holder of a UEFA pro-licence badge, is part of Paul's backroom team. We have Martyn Margetson as goalkeeping coach. He's gone to England, but he was part of the Wales set-up. Ryland Morgans, Performance Director with Wales, has joined us too."

Finally Mr Choo then says we need to create the Cardiff Identity and his wise words roll of his tongue.

"It's a way of bringing this Cardiff identity. Liverpool play a certain way, so will Cardiff.

"Their fans support the team win or lose, provided they play the Liverpool way.

"You have to stick with something and build the whole strategy around that. Paul Trollope doesn't want to lose games, but he knows he has to build something more fundamental for the football club as a whole."

So what was he fundamentally doing?

It is also great to see they are sticking to this policy with the first two names out of the hat, Johnson and Warnock.

I have to say our club is clueless and how the CEO the night before the club officially sack the manager holds an open conversation with fans concerning the situation is in my opinion nothing short of amateur, but what do we expect.

Thats the first post out of the way.

Re: Choo Change

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Did you mean to say your first post under this change of user name? :)

Re: Choo Change

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:47 pm

No I meant the first post!