Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WAS IT UNPROFESSIONAL OF OUR CLUB? ? ? "

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:01 am

" WAS IT UNPROFESSIONAL OF OUR CLUB? ? ? "

Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope is on the brink of being sacked, as CEO Ken Choo tells fans his position is under close review and he has had his eleven games and failed them.

Ken Choo is Cardiff City's 6th Chief Executive in Vincent Tans 7 year reign and previously Ken Choo was involved in hotels with no previous football background.
Ken Choo has extensive management experience in the corporate business sector, including his most recent position as General Manager at Berjaya Hotels and Resorts in London.

The Cardiff City chief executive has told Cardiff City Supporters' Trust and called a City Supporter in to tell other fans that manager Paul Trollope remains under close review.

Ken Choo speaking to City fans Kevin Roper last night "We have given Mr Trollpe 11 games to prove himself, but the results speak for themselfs and the club will take the necessary actions in the forthcoming days regarding Trollope.

we have a mission to make it to the playoffs and will take action to get us there ,money will be available in january how much will depend on the clubs position and players available,

Speaking to the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust , Choo said that Trollope had been given 11 games to prove himself and that results had been unsastisfactory.

With just two league wins this season from 11 matches, Cardiff City find themselves second bottom of the table and firmly in an early season relegation scrap.

Cardiff City's Committee Vincent Tan, Dalman and Ken Choo are understood to be holding talks this week to discuss their next move as the Bluebirds face the prospect of a relegation scrap,it is believed after last nights meetings with fans that Trollope will be sacked this week.

Speaking after the Bluebirds latest loss, a 2-0 defeat away to Burton Albion, Trollope was confident that he still had support from the Cardiff City Committee.

He said: "I certainly hope [I'll get time]. I've received great support so far, the results haven't been good enough, I hold my hand up there. It's certainly not we've worked so, so hard for or expected."

"I believe after the International break I will turn the results around and we are all in this together"

CARDIFF CITY CHIEF EXECUTIVE KEN CHOO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " WAS IT UNPROFESSIONAL OF OUR CLUB? "

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:17 am

The club can't win with most fans.

We want Trollope gone and we want more transparency from the club. Then when it looks like we may be getting bother the fans question the clubs professionalism.

We really don't know what we want do we.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:28 am

Wayne S wrote:The club can't win with most fans.

We want Trollope gone and we want more transparency from the club. Then when it looks like we may be getting bother the fans question the clubs professionalism.

Totally agree. We have seen many posts over the past few days stating that the club should be 'honest' with the fans and give a statement of intent.

They do that and get labelled 'unprofessional' :roll:

Trollope is a gonna and probably the club are working on a severance deal and a replacement. That could take a few days but to fill the news vacuum Choo gives out some information. That's how I read it and I can understand where he is coming from.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Wayne, We want a professional run football club, you don't tell fans before the manager and we want a good decent manager,NO MORE YES MEN, Do you not agree?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Totally agree. We have seen many posts over the past few days stating that the club should be 'honest' with the fans and give a statement of intent.

Trollope is a gonna and probably the club are working on a severance deal and a replacement. That could take a few days but to fill the news vacuum Choo gives out some information. That's how I read it and I can understand where he is coming from.

Tony, Glad your happy with how our club has been run for the last seven years.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Simple answer -no

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

No he had to go. The manager/player relationship was just not working. A new man with new ideas has to come in and be given 100% ability to do what he wants.

I hope this does not drag like last time before Slade. swansea had a replacement lined up concurrently - it is hoped that the new manager will be announced swiftly.

No gambles here, it has to be the appropriate choice.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:23 pm

It's a total disgrace and for me shows how this guy Tan treats his employees,and to the next manager desperate enough to take the Cardiff city job when you get the sack ,me through a message board will know before you do :lol:
What is even more sad for me is that the trust at Swansea who own over 20% interest in the club were not consulted over the sacking of their manager by their American owners,just as disrespectful in my opinion

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Trollope knew he lost his job after the Burton game

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 pm

He probably known for a few days.. But think it would be in the clubs best interest to make an official statement before talking to the trust etc. Best of luck to him, and surely the next manager will get the same.. Shame.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wayne, We want a professional run football club, you don't tell fans before the manager and we want a good decent manager,NO MORE YES MEN, Do you not agree?

How do we know the manager didn't no first
How do we know it wasn't agreed to wait to announce it
We either want the club to give us fans the news first hand or not
The past is the past no good harping on about what's gone ffs
The majority of fans have what they want Trollope sacked
Now let's move on

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis

Where and when did the club tell fans that Paul Trollope had been sacked before telling him?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Of course it was, but what else would you expect from this club at the moment.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Of course it was, but what else would you expect from this club at the moment.

I would imagine he knew before they spoke to the trust.
He probably knew after the Burton game.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Tony, Glad your happy with how our club has been run for the last seven years.

Annis that's not what I said and it is unhelpful to words into people's mouths.

Some of the decisions taken during the Tan years have left a lot to be desired but also the club is safer now than when it was under the stewardship of PMG and the Riddler who had us making regular appearances in the winding up court for unpaid taxes.

Annis you have very unhealthy obsession with putting the blame for every little thing at the door of Vincent Tan. Any good he does is overlooked or the credited to others. I will speak as I find and give both blame and praise when I think it's merited what I will not do is join a pathetic agenda or witch hunt against an individual simply because you don't like him.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:42 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis

Where and when did the club tell fans that Paul Trollope had been sacked before telling him?

Keith, its not on the forum,but direct to my friend last night,who you saw sitting there waiting to go in after you.

Re: " WAS IT UNPROFESSIONAL OF OUR CLUB? ? ? "

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:59 pm

No deserved the criticism he had to go. :wave:

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:18 pm

His comments attributed to the meeting clearly point to the dismissal of the manager, a blind man can see that. Choo was wrong!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis

Keith, its not on the forum,but direct to my friend last night,who you saw sitting there waiting to go in after you.

So Paul Trollope hadn`t already been told he was being sacked by 6.30 last night?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Trollope was sacked Sunday lunchtime, but just announced today :thumbup:

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:58 pm

It is very unlikely the Trust knew before Trollope. Anything that suggests they did is just speculation and more propaganda to have a go at the club and Tan.

However, lets pretend that the Trust did know first - This forum has built itself on rumours and gossip Supposedly from within the club since its inception and even before that (pre Tan) with the so called inner circle, so it's a little hypocritical that some are know complaining of leaks and calling it unprofessional!

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:13 pm

So stating that results weren't good enough and that the club may take action is out of order?

Baffles me this board sometimes

Trollope was sacked Sunday news broke Tuesday this meeting took place Monday therefore he already knew he was gone the club knew he was gone and that meeting was purely the club hinting he's gone nothing more nothing less

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:37 pm

There is no good way to do it.
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Trollope must have had the nod before choo, met with certain individuals, being told he had more time must have been warning enough, the dreaded vote of confidence, and after Saturday I would not be surprised if he already had his possessions in a cardboard box.
least we were not interviewing before the current occupant was removed.....

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:16 pm

I'd be surprised if Trollope hadn't already been dismissed at the time Choo spoke to fans. Announcement might have been delayed sinple due to Swansea and Villa announcing their own dismissals yesterday.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Sadly much of what the Club does off the field is unprofessional.

StT.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:12 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:So stating that results weren't good enough and that the club may take action is out of order?

Trollope was sacked Sunday news broke Tuesday this meeting took place Monday therefore he already knew he was gone the club knew he was gone and that meeting was purely the club hinting he's gone nothing more nothing less

I think this ^^^^^
Is most probable

Chug chug chug on the choo choo train
:tandragon:

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:42 pm

eddiep wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:So stating that results weren't good enough and that the club may take action is out of order?

I think this ^^^^^
Is most probable

Chug chug chug on the choo choo train
:tandragon:

Wonder how many other clubs would hint that they have sacked their manager.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 pm

The fans fav has come in for some stick in the last 24hrs ;) "KEEP DANCING" :lol: