Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"I can only dream of going back there"

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:17 pm

"I can only dream of going back there"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "I can only dream of going back there"

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:44 pm

I can't believe how much I miss the old place!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:I can't believe how much I miss the old place!

Ive never stopped and through Ninian Park, is how I fell in love with Cardiff City and Football :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Looks great in those photos .unfortunately in most of the 41 years I've supported city it was mostly empty.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Spent 43 years as a regular there, and although it was falling apart, I still enjoyed going there. I don't like modern stadiums or modern match pricing, and I know quite a few of my old mates can no longer afford to go on a regular basis. Times change though I suppose, but that does'nt mean I have to like the changes. Wish they could re-introduce terraces as well, I may not be as young any more but I'd much rather stand on a terrace than sit down in a stand. I think the capacity of Ninian Park was well over 60,000 at one point, and I have been there watching the City play in front of over 40,000, although also there with under 2,000. I know we havehad some good atmospheres at CCS for some big games, but for me they don't match the sort of atmospheres I remember for some of our big European ties at Ninian.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:10 pm

skiprat wrote:Looks great in those photos .unfortunately in most of the 41 years I've supported city it was mostly empty.

Hey Mike...As part of his Rastaman Vibration Tour Bob Marley staged a concert at the ground on 19 June 1976...

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am

You can almost see the camber on the pitch on that first photo

I was a regular on the terrace, you'd only see players from the waist up if they were over the other end near the corners :lol:

Grew up at Ninian. Memories for a lifetime.

:bluebird:

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:I can't believe how much I miss the old place!

Ive never stopped and through Ninian Park, is how I fell in love with Cardiff City and Football :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis all you have is memories know like us all ninian park can never be brought park it's just a shame that they didn't try and redevlope ninian park like bristol City as done to Ashton gate I'm sure it could have been done I even think Upton Park could have been redeveloped they are doing it at spurs