Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SPENT WELL OVER £30MILLION '

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:36 pm

' SPENT WELL OVER £30MILLION '

' SPENDING OVER £30MILLION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU SUCCESS '

Cardiff City's opponents tomorrow night Derby County have spent well over £30 million in the last two seasons, failed to win promotion last season and this season they have scored only three goals, making them the worst scorers in the Championship and one of the worst in all the Leagues. They are currently in the bottom three of the Championship, after failing to win a match in their last six outings and with only won win this season.
Last Saturday Derby County even lost at home to one of the worst clubs Blackburn Rovers.

So tomorrow night many of us Cardiff City fans will be upset if we don't beat Derby County at home as they are currently shocking and yet we've spent peanuts.

Funny many on here believe if a club spends big money they are guaranteed promotion/success or shall we say if a manager gets given plenty of money, well I've always maintained yes a manager needs some money and it helps big time but only if its the right manager.

Thats why I backed Malky Mackay so much, as yes he was given money,but he delivered with it big time,not just promotion did Malky achieve,we were runaway leaders and Malky went on to win the Championship Trophy.

Just look at Aston Villa v Newcastle United yesterday,they have squads in the Championship with a combined cost of a staggering £161.5million and would you guarantee both clubs will go up this season??

QPR spent far more than most clubs outside the Premier League and half the time they are struggling, like I say yes,you need some money,but you need the right manager to buy the players and then manage them.

And according to Vincent Tan, he says he's put in over £200mill ii to Cardiff City, yet we are in a worse position in the League then when he arrived seven years ago and with lower crowds.

For me a club can have,spend all the money in the world,but it has to be run by people with football/business knowledge and then of course a good manager to manage the team, them combined will do well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SPENT WELL OVER £30MILLION '

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:33 pm

There is an old saying about a 'fool and his money are easily parted'

There are plenty of fools in football and it could be argued there's a few at this club ;)

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There is an old saying about a 'fool and his money are easily parted'

There are plenty of fools in football and it could be argued there's a few at this club ;)

Tony, a very very true saying.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:52 pm

I don't think Pearson is a fool just yet!!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:54 pm

theclaw wrote:I don't think Pearson is a fool just yet!!

I very much doubt it's Pearson's £30m which has been spent! :shock:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There is an old saying about a 'fool and his money are easily parted'

At least it is his money :lol: :lol:
As for big spending hoping for quick fixes im against it. I believe clubs should progress slowly but carefully

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 pm

There's a difference between us and Derby, in my opinion. I think Derby have the players and manager to take them up the table, and are likely to be around the top six by the end of the season. I really don't think we do.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:07 am

I would much rather a really good manager with an average squad than a below average manager with a great squad any day of the week.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:55 am

Fergy1927 wrote:I would much rather a really good manager with an average squad than a below average manager with a great squad any day of the week.

That's one of my main points :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:There's a difference between us and Derby, in my opinion. I think Derby have the players and manager to take them up the table, and are likely to be around the top six by the end of the season. I really don't think we do.

Ned, No I don't expect us to be at all, at best mid table, but I expect us bottom six.
If Derby don't go up again, then they've failed badly in the eyes of their owner and fans.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 am

Fergy1927 wrote:I would much rather a really good manager with an average squad than a below average manager with a great squad any day of the week.

Spot on! :ayatollah: