Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it just good luck or bad luck hmmmm ?

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 am

Is our position in the league just down to luck or lack of it
Birmingham away 2 points lost with that miss by Freddi
Fulham away whitts free kick hits under side of bar and bounces down and clear we were 2 1 up at the time 2 more points lost
Norwich away gunners clearly fouled 1 point lost
Qpr/reading / Leeds we hit the bar /post on numerous occasions when the scores were nil nil and we were on top 3 points lost that's a total of 8 points down to bad luck
Blackburn home 2 own goals Rotherham away deflected winner 3 points gained
That is 5 points more we could of had putting us on 14 points all due to good or bad luck ,
I'm sure there's more examples in our games to date ,and if we were on 14 points I would be more than happy today
Thoughts

Re: Is it just good luck or bad luck hmmmm ?

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 am

There was a very similar post to this recently listing nonsense like this.
I'm sure every club could say the same. You make your own luck and we are where we are because we deserve it at the moment, nothing do do with luck.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:There was a very similar post to this recently listing nonsense like this.
I'm sure every club could say the same. You make your own luck and we are where we are because we deserve it at the moment, nothing do do with luck.

Agree but hopefully it's all about how much we can improve from here on in! :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:11 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:There was a very similar post to this recently listing nonsense like this.

I've posted some facts mate if you think it's none sense that's your oppinion
Where have I said anything different
I've asked for thoughts and you've given yours
I do believe some of our results have been down to very fine margins
If you hit the post some go in some don't
Some fouls are given some aren't
Are these luck or not
That's all I'm asking
This is a forum for football debate
Just trying to get some debate going that's not about the rebrand / tan / dalman / choo / or the manager should go

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:12 am

Are these luck or not
That's all I'm asking
Just trying to get some debate going that's not about the rebrand / tan / dalman / choo / or the manager should go

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:29 am

I think we have had a bit of bad luck in some of our games, and a bit of good luck in others. It all evens out throughout the season, and I'm sure every team that is struggling a bit can point to things like referees decisions, hitting the woodwork and missing sitters and say if only those things had not happened we would be sitting comfortably. I still don't pay a lot of attention to league tables yet, as we've only played 9 of the other 23 teams in this division. We have certainly been one of the poorest sides up to now, but things can change, and I think we will now where we're at after another 5 or 6 games.
Personally, I don't think we will be lower than around 15th or so at the end of the season, but it is a bit worrying to know that our only two wins have come against the teams currently occupying 20th and 23rd positions in the league.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 am

No such thing as luck or bad luck, you make your own luck in life, plus even if say you do believe,it evens out over a season. For me positions never lie where you are in the League or end up in May 2017.
Those Clubs that are top,midd table or bottom are there because thats what they deserve :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Are these luck or not
That's all I'm asking

It's not luck, we haven't been clinical enough.

And yes we've hit the post a few times but we haven't created nearly enough chances, so double the chances created and we might have nicked a few more goals.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:19 am

They do say when your down the bottom of the league you don't seem to get the rub of the green, but I suppose it does even itself out over the season it's just that when you are scrapping for points to survive it does seem that luck is against you. Agree though that the table doesn't lie at the end of the season. You are where you are.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:41 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Are these luck or not
That's all I'm asking

Exactly, it is my opinion.
Your talking about if's and but's. Every team can say the same. I imagine Rotherham said the same about our deflected goal on Saturday. We are where we are on merit nothing to do with luck or lack of it.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:26 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Are these luck or not
That's all I'm asking

Exactly, it is my opinion.
Your talking about if's and but's. Every team can say the same. I imagine Rotherham said the same about our deflected goal on Saturday. We are where we are on merit nothing to do with luck or lack of it.

I did include the Rotherham game in the equation
I have not just listed the bad luck

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:54 pm

I've been to most games this season and for me, the main issue has been not finishing nailed on chances we created. We would have won at least 4 games that I can think of. The lack of clinical finishing has then led to lack of confidence and we know the rest. Let's hope that know Lambert is scoring it stops the rot and we can start our season. I still think we need a proven manager and that Trollope should be coach.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Has to work both ways though, for every time we hit the crossbar you consider as 'could have been a win' you also have to factor in the times we didn't give away a dubious penalty or the times we cleared off the line. Not to mention the own goals.