Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PETER WHITTINGHAM & ANTHONY PILKINGTON '

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 am

Most chances created for Cardiff City this season:
Peter Whittingham: 31

Second most chances created:
Anthony Pilkington: 8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' PETER WHITTINGHAM & ANTHONY PILKINGTON '

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 am

beggars belief how some of our fans have a pop at Whittingham - same as criticising our centre forward for not scoring when he has no service, Whitts will create chances but he will be all the more effective if his teammates are giving him options to pass forwards in midfield.

:bluebird:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

JimmyJazz wrote:beggars belief how some of our fans have a pop at Whittingham - same as criticising our centre forward for not scoring when he has no service, Whitts will create chances but he will be all the more effective if his teammates are giving him options to pass forwards in midfield.

:bluebird:

You get to know the posters on here that criticise him because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken and slam into tackles. Then you read their other posts and realise their knowledge of football is often limited.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 am

I sometimes criticise players (in terms of match performances) if I think they haven't pulled their weight for the team or have had consistently bad performances. Yes Whitts has had his poor games but so has every other player. Whitts is a great player for us and is a true bluebird! Yes I know he gets paid a packet for the privilege but in all seriousness he is still valuable to us ESP in times of crisis like we're sort of in! He is a player that is putting in some good performances despite us losing many a game. It'll be down to much of his match play that we could survive relegation and even climb up the table abit!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:17 am

When he has good runners of him he his pure genius ....simple and effective always loved Whitts

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:19 am

I am one of those that no longer thinks Whitts has the desire, that doesn't mean I know jack about football though!

He is too lateral and doesn't attack people anymore. When he doesn't play we seem far more attacking minded.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:31 am

Does that stat include corners and free kicks. On his day he can be highly effective but for me those days are less frequent and when hes been in a combination including gunnarsson we've been overrun . His commitment and loyalty too cardiff is without question.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 am

RYANBLUE wrote:I am one of those that no longer thinks Whitts has the desire, that doesn't mean I know jack about football though!

He is too lateral and doesn't attack people anymore. When he doesn't play we seem far more attacking minded.

You mean like the Preston game or 1st half against Norwich :lol: :shock: :?

However, he's certainly more effective with O'Keefe alongside him and someone to hit upfront.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:20 am

cendl blue wrote:Does that stat include corners and free kicks. On his day he can be highly effective but for me those days are less frequent and when hes been in a combination including gunnarsson we've been overrun . His commitment and loyalty too cardiff is without question.

I agree here his effective performances are becoming less frequent but I put that down to how he's been utilised in the past few years. When we play to his strengths we see the best ccfc.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Okeefe ball winner, pass to whitts let him hit the runners or target man. Job done

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Both out of contract at the end of this season?

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:23 pm

A fantastic player. I think he has become too disciplined over the years as we all know he was excellent at finding pockets of space going forward at one time.

His fitness levels are incredible, he's consistent and a real gentleman too.

I hope those who have criticised him only do so out of care of him getting better because he has been the most important Cardiff City player of the last decade.