Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' STUART O'KEEFE? '

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 am

' Stuart O'Keefe? '

It was good to see Cardiff City's Stuart O'Keefe back in action yesterday against Rotherham and he made his presence felt, cajoling his players and constantly urging them to push up the pitch and relieve the pressure on themselves.

Maybe O'Keefe should of been Cardiff's new Captain?

He also looked tidy on the ball as he dropped to the base of the midfield triangle, with Lex Immers and Peter Whittingham further forward.

O'Keefe won more tackles yesterday than any other player on the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have to say that was a positive move from Cardiff manager Paul Trollope and certainly helped Lex Immers make more of an impact, the only downside was O'Keefe was often left exposed on the counter.

He was forced into a cynical foul early on in the second half and that obviously hindered his effectiveness.

I have to say having O'Keefe back certainly helped the Bluebirds yesterday and I would like to see him have a run in the first team :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' STUART O'KEEFE? '

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:12 am

:bluebird: sounds like ur not really a fan of his begrudgingly "i have to say he helped the bluebirds yesterday"

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 am

flying high wrote::bluebird: sounds like ur not really a fan of his begrudgingly "i have to say he helped the bluebirds yesterday"

?

How do you make that out?

I've praised Stuart O'Keefe :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:02 am

flying high wrote::bluebird: sounds like ur not really a fan of his begrudgingly "i have to say he helped the bluebirds yesterday"

It's just an expression to start a sentence with. It doesn't mean he's being held at gunpoint to praise him.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:11 am

:bluebird: I know, just me, woke up in a very positive mood not used to that on a sunday morning the wife even got the benefit of that however makes a very good point about being captain perhaps not the too distant future if we can now take some confidence and belief into the next few fixtures particularly the defence amos will be a big factor in that we can get back to some position of merit

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 am

Begrudging respect is worth a lot more for Stuey because Russ bought him than the one of our own hype Dec gets......

If you play Whitts then O'Keefe has to be on the team as he'll let Whitts and Immers do their thing.

I recall DJ didn't expect Whitts to do a lot going backwards as long as he knocked in goals. Now Whitts does have more of that side of the game nowadays, but knowing you have a real DM behind you allows you to make that run beyond the striker (Immers)

I would make him captain

Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm

The awareness of Stuart O'Keefe to pick the right pass time and time again to help Cardiff build time sapping counters.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The awareness of Stuart O'Keefe to pick the right pass time and time again to help Cardiff build time sapping counters.

I've said this before, but the improvement of the team after Christmas last season coincided with O'Keefe establishing himself in the team. I think we've missed him more than many realise. :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The awareness of Stuart O'Keefe to pick the right pass time and time again to help Cardiff build time sapping counters.

I've said this before, but the improvement of the team after Christmas last season coincided with O'Keefe establishing himself in the team. I think we've missed him more than many realise. :bluescarf:

100%

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:48 pm

I will go as far as saying he is like our N'Golo Kante he is that important to us in the midfield with his energy and his constant running. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 am

o keefe is excellent at this level I can see our results improving down to him and lambert

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 am

STUART O'KANTE :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:40 am

no nonsense from him, he can read danger,quality player