' Football fans injured/ Cowardly attack '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:18 am

Football fans injured as supporters' bus is pelted with rocks in 'cowardly attack'

The coach was carrying York City fans, attacked by Barrow fans

Sunday 25th September 2016

TWO football fans have been taken to hospital after a coach carrying supporters was attacked.

The coach was leaving Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria after York City's game with Barrow when it was pelted with rocks.

North Yorkshire Police's football unit says several fans were injured, with two suffering bad cuts to the head. They have both been taken to hospital.

The unit tweeted: "Spoken with both, nasty head lacerations but they'll be ok. Thoughts with those involved in this shocking and frightening incident.

"Words fail me, this was a cowardly attack on a coach carrying women and children on board.

"If you have relatives on the coach, don't be alarmed they're safe and well, being looked after by our colleagues."

Police have arrested one suspect in connection with the incident.

Daniel Donnor, from Tower Travel, which owns the coach, said: "It is utterly despicable behaviour.

"The coach was a carrying a group of people, including families.

"It happened about half a mile from the football ground. Half a brick and rubble was used to throw at the vehicle.

"Our recovery plan to pick the passengers up is currently underway. Passengers are currently at the local hospital where they are speaking with police officers."

He added: "We have been carrying York City fans for about nine years and there's never been any trouble."

York City were beaten 2-0 by Barrow.

DAMAGED: The coach that was carrying York City fans.
Attachments
Bus damaged.jpg.gallery.jpg.gallery.jpg
Bus damaged.jpg.gallery.jpg.gallery.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Football fans injured/ Cowardly attack '

Postby flying high » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:27 am

mistake think they meant cowardly west ham fans, by the way how did they manage to get away with that attack on the mufc coach ? If that had been ccfc been a public outcry :bluebird:
flying high

Postby bluebird-77 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:05 am

Another reason not to want to be in the lower leagues. Who needs the hassle?
bluebird-77

Postby murphy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:41 pm

flying high wrote:mistake think they meant cowardly west ham fans, by the way how did they manage to get away with that attack on the mufc coach ? If that had been ccfc been a public outcry :bluebird:

Because the windows didn't actually go through and none of the players got injured.
murphy

Postby Woody CCFC » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:04 pm

The only time that happened to me was Millwall, and they did a thoroughly good job of it.
Woody CCFC

Postby GJ71 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:The only time that happened to me was Millwall, and they did a thoroughly good job of it.

Was that after we beat them 4-0, on a Sunday. It was fairly quiet until we stopped outside The Elephant and Castle station :o
GJ71

Postby Woody CCFC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:34 pm

GJ71 wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:The only time that happened to me was Millwall, and they did a thoroughly good job of it.

Was that after we beat them 4-0, on a Sunday. It was fairly quiet until we stopped outside The Elephant and Castle station :o

That's the one, had a right eye opener that day.
Woody CCFC

Return to General Chat