Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No trollope out crys on here tonight.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:59 pm

:? Why not

OH YEA WE WON although there will be if we don't win the next game and the one after that and so on :laughing6:

Fickle football huh :bluescarf:

A wins a win, two set pieces two goals :thumbup:

Re: No trollope out crys on here tonight.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:07 pm

He's a poor manager, not for me but nothing would give me greater pleasure than eating a massive slice of humble pie week in week out of he proved me wrong. One game against a struggling Rotherham won't fix things, it is however something to build on and lambert could be the catalyst for that. Confidence is massive in sport.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Stringfellow wrote:He's a poor manager, not for me but nothing would give me greater pleasure than eating a massive slice of humble pie week in week out of he proved me wrong. One game against a struggling Rotherham won't fix things, it is however something to build on and lambert could be the catalyst for that. Confidence is massive in sport.

Me too hope we win every game but if we lost today he should of gone

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:31 pm

His head was in the noose and he has just bought some time for himself. Delighted he got the result today but Rotherham are poor. I still have significant doubts he is the right man. I think 4 points out of the next two are vital.Unfortunately, I would not be suprised if it's another home defeat on Tuesday. If it is, he should be sacked so a new manager is in place over the international break.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Although we won, all I could see on Twitter was how Rotherham kept attacking and applying pressure on us with an odd tweet now and then on how we had a shot go wide from 25 yards out. Teams like Rotherham are the ones we should be battering all over the park but we weren't. We won but this doesn't cover over the cracks Imo. My opinion on Trollope is the same now as it was before the match.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Rotherhams first home defeat?

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Rotherhams first home defeat?

In The Championship yes. Funny how people overlook that fact :roll:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 pm

For 60 odd minutes we looked like we were never going to score.

If it hadn't been for Amos in the first half we could have been three down by then and out of the game again.

Great that we had a bit of luck with the deflection for Lambert's winner but although this was a welcome three points we are still some way from turning the corner.

It's a start but I saw few signs of any tactical genius from our manager today.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:37 am

Stringfellow wrote:He's a poor manager, not for me but nothing would give me greater pleasure than eating a massive slice of humble pie week in week out of he proved me wrong. One game against a struggling Rotherham won't fix things, it is however something to build on and lambert could be the catalyst for that. Confidence is massive in sport.

You been quite vocal in your opinion on Trollope but fair play.The right attitude over the situation.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

I have been excited by Lambert signing and continue to be.

memo to club: feeding the lamb is the new 'Cardiff way' :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:23 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

You been quite vocal in your opinion on Trollope but fair play.The right attitude over the situation.

I have indeed, but am also not stubborn and not stupid in that I think I know everything about football. It's opinions, when I would speak to David Marshall which was often as kids had similar interests he would say Trollope is best coach he has worked with, don't think he's a manager. Hopefully I am totally wrong :thumbup:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:02 pm

I think Trollope should remain as coach but we need an experienced manager. I'm as pleased about Saturday's result as anyone but it mustn't mask what is needed.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:48 pm

still think he should go not good enough he manage to beat poor Rotherham team that look like they going down not very impressive still think we poor team and going be long battle to stay up with him in charge.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 pm

As I said to a few Rotherham fans in the pub after the game, they did seem to have quite a few more chances, but they only scored 1, and we took 2 of our limited chances.

In my opinion, that's one of our main problems so far this season...We clearly aren't a team set up to create loads of chances at the moment, but when we do get them we aren't putting them away, even basic ones like 1-on-1s! If those start going in the outlook completely changed!

Personally, I think we should stick with Trollope for a while, there is quite a few areas to work on, but the general play is decent! Let's get a back to back win on Tuesday! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 am

I think the result and the way we got it,after being down one nil and scoring a couple through our own endevours is a big monkey off our backs.Actually looking forward to Derby now.This is a good time to play them as surely they must get better soon.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:33 pm

I don't think there's many on here being unrealistic after one win, we all know where we are right now and what issues were facing. There's not much need for such a smarmy post really.

It's not fikle asking questions whilst we're loosing week in week out.

And of course the optimism will grow after a win - We are all desperate for Trollope to succeed after all.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:17 pm

Quite a few tonight though! :thumbup:

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:24 am

davids wrote:Quite a few tonight though! :thumbup:

:laughing6: Yep.
Any defeat these days calls for fans to sack he manager. Tonight was total dribble so I can understand why :shock: