Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION TODAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR CARDIFF & YES

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:53 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

TODAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR CARDIFF CITY.

The few hundred loyal City fans sang their hearts out and saw the Bluebirds lift themselves off the bottom of the Championship and even out of the bottom three:bluebird: :bluebird:

CONFIDENCE/PASSION/BELIEF IT WAS THEIR IN RICKIE LAMBERT/GIVE HIM THE BALL AND HE WILL SCORE :bluebird: :bluebird:

6 of Cardiff's 8 goals this season have come when Kadeem Harris is on the pitch.

Rotherham had by far the best of the first half 0-0,Cardiff goalie Ben Amos kept City in the game.

Cardiff City had not lost five consecutive league games since 1998 (18 years ago) and Thankfully that did not happen today.

ROTHERHAM 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright:
Crowd 8,348
390(incl 50 comps) Cardiff City Fans travelled :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff team:Amos; Peltier, Morrison, Connolly, Richards, Whittingham, O'Keefe, Immers, Ralls, Noone, Lambert

Subs: Wilson, Manga, John, Huws, Kennedy, Harris, Johore

Cardiff had made their worst start to a season in 12 years and had lost all of their previous four matches, anything but a win against Rotherham who have the worst defence in the Championship today,will add even more concern to Paul Trollope’s tenure as Head Coach.

First-Half 0-0 The majority of the game Rotherham controlled and thanks to Ben Amos City went in 0-0. Two players who tried their best were Jazz Richards and Rickie Lambert,but not enough balls given to Lambert.
A pretty poor half without a great deal of quality from Cardiff. :shock: :shock:

Second-Half
In the 60th min Rotherham's pressure paid off and they scored 1-0 :cry:
In the 70th min Kadeem Harris finally came on for Ralls :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
And in the 73rd min a cross from Whittingham and bang Rickie Lambert scores 1-1 :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Then in the 77th min Rickie Lambert again 1-2 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Manga replaced an injured Peltier.

Cardiff City held on and the hero of the day was Rickie Lambert

FULL-TIME ROTHERHAM 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Man of the match Rickie Lambert :thumbright: :thumbright: Followed closely by Ben Amos :ayatollah:

Up next Derby County at Home this Tuesday Night :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION TODAY WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR CARDIFF &

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GIVE HIM THE BALL AND HE WILL SCORE

RICKIE LAMBERT :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Its nice to feel win again glad Lambert is off the mark now hopefully we build on this now as Derby have now dropped into the bottom 3 :shock: and we are out of it. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Really important to win this today. Massive three points and hopefully it will give the players a bit more confidence.

We need to build on this now, or we'll find ourselves back in the bottom three on Tuesday night.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Its nice to feel win again glad Lambert is off the mark now hopefully we build on this now as Derby have now dropped into the bottom 3 :shock: and we are out of it. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Really nice and Tonight we can All be happy :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Big game now with derby Tuesday
Last edited by theclaw on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Its nice to feel win again glad Lambert is off the mark now hopefully we build on this now as Derby have now dropped into the bottom 3 :shock: and we are out of it. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

About time and long overdue!

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

...and I've fallen back in love with football. :thumbup: Roll on Tuesday night. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Really important to win this today. Massive three points and hopefully it will give the players a bit more confidence.

We need to build on this now, or we'll find ourselves back in the bottom three on Tuesday night.

Ned, Massive 3pts, Now we have to build on this :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:05 pm

theclaw wrote:Big game now with derby Tuesday

Yes, another must win game, Nothing less :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

About time and long overdue!

Very very much Karl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HAPPY :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

...and I've fallen back in love with football. :thumbup: Roll on Tuesday night. :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Football is a funny old game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 pm

mallo wrote:HAPPY :bluescarf:

Mallo, We are out of the bottom three :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:31 pm

"Feed the lamb and he will score feed the lamb and he will score " :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:33 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:"Feed the lamb and he will score feed the lamb and he will score " :ayatollah:

:lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Proud of the city to bounce back and get the win very happy Lambert is off the mark out of the bottom 3 put a little run together now and we will be fine .
Small steps in the right direction .
Well done to all at city today

Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:50 pm

brickyblue wrote:Proud of the city to bounce back and get the win very happy Lambert is off the mark out of the bottom 3 put a little run together now and we will be fine .

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:55 pm

brickyblue wrote:Proud of the city to bounce back and get the win very happy Lambert is off the mark out of the bottom 3 put a little run together now and we will be fine .

When City show fighting spirit and comeback like this,it means an awful lot :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:09 am

Have to say I was busy today, so didn't listen to the game other than the odd snippet. Sounded like Rotherham were the busier attacking side in the first half and when I read (BBC Sport Live Scores) that they had gone 1-0 up, I thought "Here we go again!" only to be very pleasantly surprised to get into he car to come home and hear (via Radio Wales) that Ricky Lambert had broken his City duck not once but twice and we finally had an away win!

One Swallow doth not a Summer make BUT hopefully this will be the catalyst that spurs the City team on to a run similar to that of Dirty Leeds of late!

Great comeback, City. Now let's go heap more grief on Derby County this Tuesday night! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 am

Sven wrote:Have to say I was busy today, so didn't listen to the game other than the odd snippet. Sounded like Rotherham were the busier attacking side in the first half and when I read (BBC Sport Live Scores) that they had gone 1-0 up, I thought "Here we go again!" only to be very pleasantly surprised to get into he car to come home and hear (via Radio Wales) that Ricky Lambert had broken his City duck not once but twice and we finally had an away win!

One Swallow doth not a Summer make BUT hopefully this will be the catalyst that spurs the City team on to a run similar to that of Dirty Leeds of late!

Great comeback, City. Now let's go heap more grief on Derby County this Tuesday night! :ayatollah:

Yes Chris, Rotherham were by far the better team in the first half and Ben Amos was our best player at that time. Lambert had been very looking for the ball/service etc.
I thought that was it.
Second half.
City brought Kadeem Harris on with pace. Whitts provided service and bang we were back in it and when we went infant that was it,the three points were never then doubt :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:51 am

Lets get it going on Tuesday against Derby, they must be low on confidence after their defeat & then up at Burton on Saturday same again they were beat... Those defeats may have knocked them more.
Now if there were no injuries on Saturday START with the same side.
Reading other articles if we cannot spend because of the financial system thing .... We got what we got.. SO let's get behind them all. We GOT to be the 12th man :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:57 am

pezza4646 wrote:Lets get it going on Tuesday against Derby, they must be low on confidence after their defeat & then up at Burton on Saturday same again they were beat... Those defeats may have knocked them more.
Reading other articles if we cannot spend because of the financial system thing .... We got what we got.. SO let's get behind them all. We GOT to be the 12th man :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

City fans need to support their team at home,like the fans that go away,I certainly agree with that as we really do become the 12th man :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pezza4646 wrote:Lets get it going on Tuesday against Derby, they must be low on confidence after their defeat & then up at Burton on Saturday same again they were beat... Those defeats may have knocked them more.

City fans need to support their team at home,like the fans that go away,I certainly agree with that as we really do become the 12th man :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thanks, Annis (for your response to my post further up the page) :thumbup:

City fans do need to get behind the team at home as much as they do away and that needs to start on Tuesday night versus Derby County! I genuinely believe that the City faithful getting behind the team in full flow makes all the difference in the world :thumbup: :ayatollah: