Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHOCK ' SO DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 pm

SHOCK ' SO DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

So David Marshall was sold to Hull City for £2.5mill upfront,plus £2.5mill if he makes 25 Premier League Appearances and Hull City stay up. Remember City said they wanted £10mill,but we had never ever actually had a proper bid till Hull put one in.

I stand by that Marshall did not want to leave Cardiff City and funny when I first put out we were selling Marshall, many on here said rubbish Marshall does not want to go etc
Then once sold, Good business etc and he wanted to go anyway :roll:

Guess What?

DAVID MARSHALL DOES NOT START FOR HULL CITY TODAY,MARSHALL IS ON THE BENCH & I KNOW FOR A FACT MARSHALL DOES NOT LIKE/WANT TO BE EVER ON THE BENCH.

When was he last on the bench for Cardiff City?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SHOCK ' SO DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:42 pm

What a waste sitting on the bench while last month's No3 keeper in the firing line at Norwich

Happy Days

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:43 pm

They have already explained why he left, it would have been wrong to stand in the way of a Prem move for the 3rd season in a row. Mashy was told he didn't have to leave and it was up to him, he chose to leave there wasn't a gun to his head forcing it. It wasn't the best piece of business but its time to move on! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SHOCK ' SO DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

So David Marshall was sold to Hull City for £2.5mill upfront,plus £2.5mill if he makes 25 Premier Appearances and Hull City stay up. Remember City said they wanted £10mill,but we had never ever actually had a proper bid till Hull put one in.

I stand by that Marshall did not want to leave Cardiff City and funny when I first put out we were selling Marshall, many on here said rubbish Marshall does not want to go etc

Guess What?

DAVID MARSHALL DOES NOT START FOR HULL CITY TODAY,MARSHALL IS ON THE BENCH & I KNOW FOR A FACT MARSHALL DOES NOT LIKE/WANT TO BE EVER ON THE BENCH.

City wanted 10 million 2 years ago annis ,why are you still being negative all the time, 5 million will be quite a good price for him at 31 years of age

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Also I guarantee he will be in their line up within 3 games, Their starting keeper has done nothing wrong so deserves to start, wait for them to lose and he'll be out for their new first team keeper

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:45 pm

The12thBlue wrote:They have already explained why he left, it would have been wrong to stand in the way of a Prem move for the 3rd season in a row. Mashy was told he didn't have to leave and it was up to him, he chose to leave there wasn't a gun to his head forcing it. It wasn't the best piece of business but its time to move on! :ayatollah:

Mate,i'm at Norwich and we just heard,bollocks he never wanted to leave,he was pushed out and if u aint wanted you f*cking go simple,he was told he had to leave,I'm up here and everyone says the same

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:45 pm

The12thBlue wrote:They have already explained why he left, it would have been wrong to stand in the way of a Prem move for the 3rd season in a row. Mashy was told he didn't have to leave and it was up to him, he chose to leave there wasn't a gun to his head forcing it. It wasn't the best piece of business but its time to move on! :ayatollah:

I was told that that is what happened, he was given the choice and he wanted the move

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I was told that that is what happened, he was given the choice and he wanted the move

Well I was told 100% Different and the person telling me, has never been wrong yet. If you are not wanted,then of course you have no other choice but to leave.

Funny on here,many were even saying I know his family etc and he does not want to leave,well I heard exactly the same.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:50 pm

So David Marshall was sold to Hull City for £2.5mill upfront,plus £2.5mill if he makes 25 Premier League Appearances and Hull City stay up. Remember City said they wanted £10mill,but we had never ever actually had a proper bid till Hull put one in.

Guess What?

Negativity towards the club is getting boring now mate about time to give it a rest i think

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:51 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:

Mate,i'm at Norwich and we just heard,bollocks he never wanted to leave,he was pushed out and if u aint wanted you f*cking go simple,he was told he had to leave,I'm up here and everyone says the same

How do you know it's bollox? Everyone who has spoken to Marshy knows he's wanted this Prem move but hasn't gotten it because the club stopped it. Why do you think he took so long to decide to leave or not? He loved this club but could see he wasn't going to get to the Prem with us any time soon so left

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:51 pm

BlueMagic wrote:

Guess What?

Negativity towards the club is getting boring now mate about time to give it a rest i think

I can only say the truth, but if you don't like it,simple don't read it and put a blind fold on.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:53 pm

fans saying it was a good deal......if hull go down and he doesn't start 25 games, then we sold marshall for £2.5m...... that fee is a absolute joke. yeah they came out and explained they couldn't stand in the way but does anyone really think when hull came in marshall went......ooh, I wouldn't mind going there instead of staying here.... bullshit.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:57 pm

bluebird04 wrote:fans saying it was a good deal......if hull go down and he doesn't start 25 games, then we sold marshall for £2.5m...... that fee is a absolute joke. yeah they came out and explained they couldn't stand in the way but does anyone really think when hull came in marshall went......ooh, I wouldn't mind going there instead of staying here.... bullshit.

Hull are going down and they only have 34 games left for him to play 25 games , for me it was a poor deal all round but that seems to be par at the City

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:02 pm

From Facebook

Dave Jenkins
Come back on loan marshy boi

Carl Newman
Marshall had no choice but to go, that's why he said sorry to our fans, we have 4 goalies now, so what the f**k is going on ???.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:

So David Marshall was sold to Hull City for £2.5mill upfront,plus £2.5mill if he makes 25 Premier Appearances and Hull City stay up. Remember City said they wanted £10mill,but we had never ever actually had a proper bid till Hull put one in.

Guess What?

City wanted 10 million 2 years ago annis ,why are you still being negative all the time, 5 million will be quite a good price for him at 31 years of age

Because Wez, in my opinion it was 100% a Negative sale and I stand by that.

Crap money we've received for such a Quality goalie.

Goalies can be great until they are even 38-40 years old,they are not like outfield players.

Marshall did not want to leave City.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:04 pm

On the day of the reading game he was in deep conversation with Ken Choo telling him he didn't want to leave , that him,his wife and kids were settled here, it all boils down to getting another high earner off the books albeit at a reduced fee. No doubt he got premiership ambitions, but with hull city! He's better than that . We will no doubt be welcoming him back when we play hull next season :thumbup:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Guess What?

For gods sake move on! What good does it do moaning about what's happened!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Lanwood wrote:

Guess What?

Why move on its a football forum and for me,we've given away a quality player.

This is a fans forum and thats what it is, opinions,beliefs etc not silenced by arse lickers to Tan. :bluebird:

I won't be told to move on,I was told the same about our identity by Glory hunters.

Im allowed my opinion like your allowed yours :D :thumbright:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Marshall could have simply refused the terms offered by hull, regardless of what our club wanted? it's his fault he's stuck on bench no one else's. :old:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Marshall could have simply refused the terms offered by hull, regardless of what club wanted? it's his fault he's stuck on bench no one else's. :old:

If your not wanted at a club, you move on Allan and thats how life is.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Marshall could have simply refused the terms offered by hull, regardless of what club wanted? it's his fault he's stuck on bench no one else's. :old:

Yes but he refused several offers before to go, anyway doesn't matter what happens to him he's not a city player! :thumbup:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes but he refused several offers before to go, anyway doesn't matter what happens to him he's not a city player! :thumbup:

Well if your not bothered Allan about Marshall why read the topic :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Lanwood wrote:

Guess What?

So your very positive are you about this season ahead?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:38 pm

How little you know about Marshy and/or his personal/family situation! :roll:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:

Correct Chris :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

I am not personally in the know, but I was told that this decision was down to the club and not the player.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

I am not personally in the know, but I was told that this decision was down to the club and not the player.

Steve, he was (effectively) forced out by the club. To say anymore would be to betray a confidence. Anything else a play with words! :thumbup:

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:55 pm

I don't believe he was forced out however Marshall wanted to play in the premiership and it is clear City aint going in that direction.

Marshal loved it at City and his wife and kids we happy in Cardiff but his wife always wanted to go back to Scotland and Hull are close enough.

The facts are , Marshal wants to play premiership football but that is not going to happen at CARDIFF so he went for a club close for his wife and kids and a chance to play premiership football.

What is clear from this sale is 1 Cardiff not looking at promotion . that's fine but 2 is we have not looked at a goalkeeper position at all most prob the most important position in football, really can not see us getting mid table at best

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Troobloo wouldn't give a hoot.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:48 pm

So lets get this right.

Hull offered Marshy premier league wages for a further three years knowing at best we have next to no chance this season of promotion leaving him at best 34 to get back into the prem with us with the likelihood seeing out his Cardiff contract and staying in the championship, until he was released on a Bosman.

He probably didn't want to leave two seasons a go, thought about it last season, but this season, i think some of you are mad.....