A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' FRAIZER CAMPBELL? '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
moonboots wrote:If the Club are serious about challenging for the play offs they need to make this happen. Also it would get a lot more bums on seats :bluescarf:

They're not.

David, I am with you 100% on this,If they can't invest in Campbell after selling off some of our best players,and taking in well over £5mill, then we can only be looking towards the bottom end this season.

Paul Trollope can not be blamed.

Annis,

The club's true colours are now beginning to be revealed and the absence of any comment from Dalman, Choo or Tan himself show that even they must now realise that the fans are no longer believing their bullshit.

Yes FFP is an issue. Yes high wage earners needed to be moved on. Yes cutbacks have been necessary.

But the club continues to prove by all their actions that, despite what they say, there is no ambition at all at the club other than to save every penny they can to the detriment of the playing side of the club.

David, I have been saying for well over two years that Tan has been doing this and I have been shot down time and time again.
The same people saying Tan's building a future for us, What utter Bollocks.
Funny they've all mostly gone quite now, I said then the truth hurts.

I fear for our clubs future.

the fans have been mislead time and time again.

the change from summer 2014 with big money spent under OGS, to appointing russel slade to work on a shoestring budget, is indicative of a poorly run club without any forward planning.

tan has always been penny wise, pound foolish.

7 YEARS BAD MANAGEMENT ALL ROUND.

Re: UPDATED ' FRAIZER CAMPBELL? '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 pm

As much as I would like to see us make this sort of signing, it would grate against the direction the club is now set upon - sustainability. Shipping out high earners to replace them with more high earners makes no sense and it won't be happening. We ate about building a self sufficient way of going forward, and if managed properly, it has the potential of making our club the most stable and hopefully successful it has been in a long, long time. Patience is needed. Short term gain should not on the agenda.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:36 pm

If vincent tan and trollope had any sense and ambition they would sign lafferty and campbell. But ambition is not on the agenda at all at the moment so cant see campbell coming to us.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Bella Blue wrote:As much as I would like to see us make this sort of signing, it would grate against the direction the club is now set upon - sustainability. Shipping out high earners to replace them with more high earners makes no sense and it won't be happening. We ate about building a self sufficient way of going forward, and if managed properly, it has the potential of making our club the most stable and hopefully successful it has been in a long, long time. Patience is needed. Short term gain should not on the agenda.

This club has been seriously mismanaged since Tan took over.

It's difficult to to have any confidence in them going forward.

And it's almost impossible to believe anything they say.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

davids wrote:
Bella Blue wrote:As much as I would like to see us make this sort of signing, it would grate against the direction the club is now set upon - sustainability. Shipping out high earners to replace them with more high earners makes no sense and it won't be happening. We ate about building a self sufficient way of going forward, and if managed properly, it has the potential of making our club the most stable and hopefully successful it has been in a long, long time. Patience is needed. Short term gain should not on the agenda.

This club has been seriously mismanaged since Tan took over.

It's difficult to to have any confidence in them going forward.

And it's almost impossible to believe anything they say.

I agree with what you are saying but, despite the odd PR cock-up, it is possible the management is learning from past mistakes and is trying to run this club properly. You have to retain a bit of optimism, if not confidence, or else the whole debacle of the last few years would just depress you.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
moonboots wrote:If the Club are serious about challenging for the play offs they need to make this happen. Also it would get a lot more bums on seats :bluescarf:

They're not.

David, I am with you 100% on this,If they can't invest in Campbell after selling off some of our best players,and taking in well over £5mill, then we can only be looking towards the bottom end this season.

Paul Trollope can not be blamed.

Annis,

The club's true colours are now beginning to be revealed and the absence of any comment from Dalman, Choo or Tan himself show that even they must now realise that the fans are no longer believing their bullshit.

Yes FFP is an issue. Yes high wage earners needed to be moved on. Yes cutbacks have been necessary.

But the club continues to prove by all their actions that, despite what they say, there is no ambition at all at the club other than to save every penny they can to the detriment of the playing side of the club.

David, I have been saying for well over two years that Tan has been doing this and I have been shot down time and time again.
The same people saying Tan's building a future for us, What utter Bollocks.
Funny they've all mostly gone quite now, I said then the truth hurts.

I fear for our clubs future.

the fans have been mislead time and time again.

the change from summer 2014 with big money spent under OGS, to appointing russel slade to work on a shoestring budget, is indicative of a poorly run club without any forward planning.

tan has always been penny wise, pound foolish.

7 YEARS BAD MANAGEMENT ALL ROUND.

Agreed 7 years bad management all round but just maybe sensible management going forward. Tan can't win though can he, he overspends and most complain about the size of debt, he reduced costs and writes off debts and most complain. I wrote off this year when it was evident that the majority of high earners had only one year left on their contracts and it was evident we were going to sell sell sell to clear the decks for next year. Yes I agree we may have been misled but then we were all hopeful the new formation would work out weren't we? Unfortunately it hasn't and the knives are out.

The crowds will be poor, the football dire but next year is another year, let's see what it brings, maybe even a new owner and then most will be happy. Unfortunately without Tan and this level of control I can only see the club going back into debt and into trouble under FFP.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:59 pm

BlueMagic wrote:If vincent tan and trollope had any sense and ambition they would sign lafferty and campbell. But ambition is not on the agenda at all at the moment so cant see campbell coming to us.
both as a partnership would rip this league apart

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:If vincent tan and trollope had any sense and ambition they would sign lafferty and campbell. But ambition is not on the agenda at all at the moment so cant see campbell coming to us.
both as a partnership would rip this league apart

I agree. I think lafferty will be a good signing though if he does sign he just needs the chance to shine at this stage of his career and he will get it here and could well bang them in, lets hope so lol

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:08 pm

We got to get real here and smell the coffee. In reality Campbell is £500.000 more than Cardiff are prepared to pay. Even if we got him for Nout the wages would still be to high.
Tan in my opinion will be looking to get out of this club within the next couple of years if not much sooner and in that time he will not splash any cash, in fact he told us so when he turned us back to blue. He would sell the taps from the toilets if he could get enough for them. So anyone expecting anything but a bargain basement player will be extremely disappointed.
Until Tan goes there ain't gonna be any signings that we will say wow to. Tan ain't splashing and we ain't got a pot to piss in.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DEANO wrote:Annis you know the score you wanted blue back at all costs you have it tan did say no investment

Deano,

No problem, Now Tan please leave :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Happy how things are now, prefer this in blue than spending in red. Best thing that can happen now is Tan to go for good :bluebird:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:16 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DEANO wrote:Annis you know the score you wanted blue back at all costs you have it tan did say no investment

Deano,

No problem, Now Tan please leave :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Happy how things are now, prefer this in blue than spending in red. Best thing that can happen now is Tan to go for good :bluebird:

I think you're being a bit short-sighted there, fella :o

We are certainly paying the price for returning to blue (I think most accept that) but in the absence of anyone else being prepared to come in with a serious investment, we may be better if Tan stays until the debt is fully paid off

When the personalities and outdated vilification are removed, there is a certain 'sense' in that so long as we don't get relegated in the process and even with the current squad, I don't see that happening :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 am

We can't have the penny and the bun, I'm quite happy the way things are going , no great expectations.
Living within our means , no overspending and wasting money on journeymen big names , like in the past .
Hopefully we will finish mid table and all high earners gone , leaving us with good hard working pro's .
Campbell would be great at £15k a week but that's not going to happen , what's the point of getting rid of players on £25k a week and replacing with players on £30k a week !
Campbell was good for us 3years ago , but he hasn't ripped up any trees since , what if he turns out to be not so good as he was . How long would it take for us to turn on him and moan what a waste of money ? Leave the past behind and move on together , don't expect much and we could be pleasentry surprised.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 am

nojac wrote:We can't have the penny and the bun, I'm quite happy the way things are going , no great expectations.
Living within our means , no overspending and wasting money on journeymen big names , like in the past .
Hopefully we will finish mid table and all high earners gone , leaving us with good hard working pro's .
Campbell would be great at £15k a week but that's not going to happen , what's the point of getting rid of players on £25k a week and replacing with players on £30k a week !
Campbell was good for us 3years ago , but he hasn't ripped up any trees since , what if he turns out to be not so good as he was . How long would it take for us to turn on him and moan what a waste of money ? Leave the past behind and move on together , don't expect much and we could be pleasentry surprised.

I agree with your post except for the Campbell bit. I think he's perfect for the Championship and he would boost the remaining City faithful immensely. They loved him last time down here and he'd be eager to prove a point! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:06 am

Sky Sports News

31/08/16

Crystal Palace are willing to listen to offers for midfielder Jordon Mutch.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:15 am

Will never happen because of this

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Out of our league I'm afraid. Think he'll opt for a bigger championship club than us :roll:

Proves how far backwards we've gone. Bristol City going for him but he's out of our league. Sad times. :roll:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sky Sports News

31/08/16

Crystal Palace are willing to listen to offers for midfielder Jordon Mutch.

Would love Campbell and Mutch back but they won't be coming due to their high wages.

Any signings coming in today, will be average players on low wages that will keep us up this season. :roll:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 am

lathamgaffney wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Out of our league I'm afraid. Think he'll opt for a bigger championship club than us :roll:

Proves how far backwards we've gone. Bristol City going for him but he's out of our league. Sad times. :roll:

Bristol City can afford him, as they've just got a mint for Kodjia!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 am

Overthemoon wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:

With our parachute payments and transfers we still have made more than Bristol City. It's just the red dictator wants it all. Bristol City are an ambitious club, we are not. That's why they are now a bigger club than we are :bluebird:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:

With our parachute payments and transfers we still have made more than Bristol City. It's just the red dictator wants it all. Bristol City are an ambitious club, we are not. That's why they are now a bigger club than we are :bluebird:

You're talking tosh, have you seen how many players we have on our books?

None of these come especially cheap and if you accept that Macheda, Le Fondre & KG were on £25,000 per week, then that's nearly £4 million per year without bonuses! Why do you think we've had to lay off 20 people in the Academy set up last week?

Do you think the club should recruit more players on stupid wages and have to lay some more backroom staff off as well, to appease you and some of our other fans who don't live in the real world?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:14 am

Only way this will happen is a season long loan with them paying a chunk of the wage.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 am

Do you think the club should recruit more players on stupid wages and have to lay some more backroom staff off as well, to appease you and some of our other fans who don't live in the real world?

nail on head :thumbup:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:58 am

Jules wrote:Do you think the club should recruit more players on stupid wages and have to lay some more backroom staff off as well, to appease you and some of our other fans who don't live in the real world?

Who knows? Im making no more asumptions today the truth will be in black and white at the end of the window.

Lets hope the club suprises us! :?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:49 pm

lyndipops wrote:
Jules wrote:Do you think the club should recruit more players on stupid wages and have to lay some more backroom staff off as well, to appease you and some of our other fans who don't live in the real world?

Who knows? Im making no more asumptions today the truth will be in black and white at the end of the window.

Lets hope the club suprises us! :?

Cant really see this deal happening , Tans too tight to even let the club have a sniff at Campbells asking price. Look back to the decision to sell Marshy, top keeper in the championship gone for a joke of a price. Im.prepared to give Ben Amos a chance as our NO1 , but seriously a keeper who could hardly get into Boltons first team as a replacememt for the Best keeper in the league. Shows where Our club are going ......... down with No ambition until Tan F*cks off back to the orient

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm

KEANE OFF TO ROCHDALE

Midfielder Keith Keane has joined Rochdale on loan from Cambridge until January.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:KEANE OFF TO ROCHDALE

Midfielder Keith Keane has joined Rochdale on loan from Cambridge until January.

Thought that said 'Keith Keane has joined rochdale on loan from COWBRIDGE ' than Annis :lol:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:05 pm

EbbwBluebird98 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:KEANE OFF TO ROCHDALE

Thought that said 'Keith Keane has joined rochdale on loan from COWBRIDGE ' than Annis :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:48 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:

Bristol City are also owned by a billionaire Chief the only difference he is a fan of the club and not some nut job from abroad :thumbup:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:

Bristol City are also owned by a billionaire Chief the only difference he is a fan of the club and not some nut job from abroad :thumbup:

They've still got to stay within the FFP Rules Nukes, he can't just buy every player that takes his fancy, as they have to live broadly within their turnover means!

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:

They've still got to stay within the FFP Rules Nukes, he can't just buy every player that takes his fancy, as they have to live broadly within their turnover means!

Yes they have and they are staying within there budget. They ain't going mad. Because they have done that before and nearly went out of business so you won't find them going gun Ho chief.