Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' FRAIZER CAMPBELL? '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:36 pm

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE ALERTED CLUBS THAT STRIKER FRAIZER CAMPBELL IS AVAILABLE '

Crystal Palace are ready to listen to offers for striker Fraizer Campbell following the signing of Loïc Remy.

Palace are willing to let Campbell go on a season long loan or will sell Campbell for £500,000.

Fraizer Campbell was a favourite amongst Cardiff City fans and with them now having received over £5mill in sales of players in the last ten days, Campbell would be a bargain and would also be the type of player that could ignite Cardiff City's season .

Campbell thrives in the Championship and for me this is the player that Cardiff City fans are crying out for :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Breaking Sky Sports News

30/08/16

Crystal Palace are ready to listen to offers for striker Fraizer Campbell following the signing of Loïc Remy.

Palace are willing to let Campbell go on a season long loan or will sell Campbell for £500,000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' FRAIZER CAMPBELL? '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Sell for 500k? if we ain't on this we are pathetic

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Wages too high for us. I predict Bristol City with some of their windfall.
The fee is not the issue - he will probably be on 30k a week at least
Last edited by bluebird58 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:40 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Wages too high for us. I predict Bristol City with some of their windfall

Wages are probrally about £25,000-£30,000 a week.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:41 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Wages too high for us. I predict Bristol City with some of their windfall

I read a few days ago they wanted him so ur probably right

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Cant see him coming here but i imagine there would be a line of clubs queing up for him. If he goes to championship club theyll have a VERY good striker at this level. Ill predict either QPR, Fulham or Bristol.

Its a shame because him and mcleary would give us exactly what were lacking.

I hope we have a busy day tomorrow because we need it, pacy midfielder, pacy forward and a GK would be lovely but i predict at best we only get one of these positions.

:ayatollah:

:bluebird:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:52 pm

If he was available for loan and on 30k a week, it's not that expensive, provided there's no additional initial fee. It's basically the same as 780k (15 x 52, would be even less in reality as season is not a year long) and 15k a week. Even with the money we paid out to Macheda, the wages freed up would cover that 15k.

Whilst it seems logical that we'd consider it, the feeling seems to be that we won't go for him and unfortunately he'll probably end up going to another club in this division :(

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:56 pm

cardiffred wrote:Cant see him coming here but i imagine there would be a line of clubs queing up for him. If he goes to championship club theyll have a VERY good striker at this level. Ill predict either QPR, Fulham or Bristol.

Its a shame because him and mcleary would give us exactly what were lacking.

I hope we have a busy day tomorrow because we need it, pacy midfielder, pacy forward and a GK would be lovely but i predict at best we only get one of these positions.

:ayatollah:

:bluebird:

Spot on lafferty in and that'll be it I think

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Daniel M wrote:If he was available for loan and on 30k a week, it's not that expensive, provided there's no additional initial fee. It's basically the same as 780k (15 x 52, would be even less in reality as season is not a year long) and 15k a week. Even with the money we paid out to Macheda, the wages freed up would cover that 15k.

Whilst it seems logical that we'd consider it, the feeling seems to be that we won't go for him and unfortunately he'll probably end up going to another club in this division :(

Mate correct,club needs to get on to this quick and no more mucking about

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:06 pm

If the Club are serious about challenging for the play offs they need to make this happen. Also it would get a lot more bums on seats :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:07 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
Daniel M wrote:If he was available for loan and on 30k a week, it's not that expensive, provided there's no additional initial fee. It's basically the same as 780k (15 x 52, would be even less in reality as season is not a year long) and 15k a week. Even with the money we paid out to Macheda, the wages freed up would cover that 15k.

Mate correct,club needs to get on to this quick and no more f*cking about

Never going to happen. We'll get Lafferty and that'll be it I reckon. (Hope I get proven wrong)

It seems to me and many others that these days Cardiff City Football Club have zero ambition.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 pm

I think Bristol City are going for him. Would be a great signing for the carrot crunchers :bluebird:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Out of our league I'm afraid. Think he'll opt for a bigger championship club than us :roll:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Fraizer Campbell was a favourite amongst Cardiff City fans and with them now having received over £5mill in sales of players in the last ten days, Campbell would be a bargain and would also be the type of player that could ignite Cardiff City's season .

Campbell thrives in the Championship and for me this is the player that Cardiff City fans are crying out for :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE ALERTED CLUBS THAT STRIKER FRAIZER CAMPBELL IS AVAILABLE '

If we have the money for him then it's a no brainer

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:20 pm

moonboots wrote:If the Club are serious about challenging for the play offs they need to make this happen. Also it would get a lot more bums on seats :bluescarf:

They're not.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Reza wrote:Sell for 500k fuk me if we ain't on this we are pathetic

200% agree!!

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 pm

davids wrote:
moonboots wrote:If the Club are serious about challenging for the play offs they need to make this happen. Also it would get a lot more bums on seats :bluescarf:

They're not.

David, I am with you 100% on this,If they can't invest in Campbell after selling off some of our best players,and taking in well over £5mill, then we can only be looking towards the bottom end this season.

Paul Trollope can not be blamed.

Re: UPDATED ' FRAIZER CAMPBELL? '

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Bournemouth are also prepared to let Grabbam go either loan or sell
Another player who can score in the championship

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:24 pm

djronnieb wrote:Bournemouth are also prepared to let Grabbam go either loan or sell

Ronnie, We should be chasing after these type of players.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:26 pm

djronnieb wrote:Bournemouth are also prepared to let Grabbam go either loan or sell

I'd rather Campbell out of the 2 but would be happy if we got him

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:

They're not.

David, I am with you 100% on this,If they can't invest in Campbell after selling off some of our best players,and taking in well over £5mill, then we can only be looking towards the bottom end this season.

Annis,

The club's true colours are now beginning to be revealed and the absence of any comment from Dalman, Choo or Tan himself show that even they must now realise that the fans are no longer believing their bullshit.

Yes FFP is an issue. Yes high wage earners needed to be moved on. Yes cutbacks have been necessary.

But the club continues to prove by all their actions that, despite what they say, there is no ambition at all at the club other than to save every penny they can to the detriment of the playing side of the club.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:40 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:

They're not.

Annis,

The club's true colours are now beginning to be revealed and the absence of any comment from Dalman, Choo or Tan himself show that even they must now realise that the fans are no longer believing their bullshit.

Yes FFP is an issue. Yes high wage earners needed to be moved on. Yes cutbacks have been necessary.

But the club continues to prove by all their actions that, despite what they say, there is no ambition at all at the club other than to save every penny they can to the detriment of the playing side of the club.

David, I have been saying for well over two years that Tan has been doing this and I have been shot down time and time again.
The same people saying Tan's building a future for us, What utter Bollocks.
Funny they've all mostly gone quite now, I said then the truth hurts.

I fear for our clubs future.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Spot on.

Unfortunately.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Annis you know the score you wanted blue back at all costs you have it tan did say no investment

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:05 pm

think his wage structure will be far to much for Tans budget - Need some flair amongst this squad - Does tan have any ambition left for our club ? Going back to blue was the end for Tan involvement with us in my opinion and he wants out - have anyone recently made any statements of our clubs future plans for this season and seasons ahead ? :bluescarf: :digging2:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Is Tan not going commit to, for arguments sake, lets say a very worthwhile gamble?

If not that smacks of not just a lack of ambition but perhaps even an element of bitterness over the colour changing fiasco. I fear its in Tans dna to have the last laugh even if that means spiteing himself! No point drinking poison to get your own back! He did the business before and he can do it again. :ayatollah:

He probably has little say in it but I wonder which club Campbell would prefer as an ambitious player :?:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:

They're not.

Annis,

David, I have been saying for well over two years that Tan has been doing this and I have been shot down time and time again.
The same people saying Tan's building a future for us, What utter Bollocks.
Funny they've all mostly gone quite now, I said then the truth hurts.

I fear for our clubs future.

the fans have been mislead time and time again.

the change from summer 2014 with big money spent under OGS, to appointing russel slade to work on a shoestring budget, is indicative of a poorly run club without any forward planning.

tan has always been penny wise, pound foolish.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Sorry, but Trollope can be blamed for letting all this happen. The Fulham manager threatened to resign if funds weren't released for transfers and......lo and behold!.....they were. A strong manager/coach would've insisted, but he is more of a puppet than Slade. Marshall going for 2.5 million is a sick joke, as David Giles rightly said. If we only sign Lafferty we will seriously struggle. The league is a different class this year.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:51 pm

DEANO wrote:Annis you know the score you wanted blue back at all costs you have it tan did say no investment

Deano,

No problem, Now Tan please leave :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: