Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ONE OF CARDIFF CITY'S GREATEST, TODAY LEFT CARDIFF CITY

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Good luck Marshy, great club servant & fantastic keeper.
In the days of inflated transfer prices, we sell Scotland's no 1 for a suggested £5m Maximum with all add ons and yet Craig Gordon who couldn't lace Marshy's boots (not then nor now) was bought by Sunderland years ago for £9m??
He is only 31 and potentially still with many good years ahead of him.
Dark days ahead, sell anything that's worth selling and not nailed down!!

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:17 am

There was no point in him staying as we are shit. What I don't understand is why we didn't sell him last season when we could have got a lot more for him.

Tan has lost interest. Prepare for a relegation battle.

If we keep losing, our manager will eventually be sacked and replaced with someone even worse.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:24 am

We are going like Coventry City. We won't go down this year. Or be in a relagation battle. But give it 2 seasons of Tan is still here.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks for memories Marshall. Greatest Cardiff keeper I have ever seen and more than likely ever

This is the shirt he wore on his 250th appearance for us and signed by everyone and giving to me as a leaving present for Canada. Absolute gentleman along with an absolute keeper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:00 am

Good luck, David Marshall; you will always get a warm reception down at the CCS! :thumbup:

Cardiff City FC are lucky to have had some great keepers over the years and you rank right up there! :notworthy:

Thanks for the memories! :ayatollah: :notworthy: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :wave:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:56 am

To Tan we are customers who buy his burgers.He has no interest in football whatsoever, the Premier merely stroked his giant ego and gave him kudos within his Asiatic culture of deference. Marshall's sale is a catalyst for me insofar as it is now beyond any doubt that this man would sell the goalposts if he could irrespective of the impact it will have on fans and the club's standing within football circles.What I really do not grasp is his thinking.If we go down what then the value of CCFC ? A business which fails to invest will stagnate and wither, so if the value of brand CCFC is now X what then after relegation? Realistically who on earth is now going to come into the frame in terms of ownership. Tan's asking price bears little relationship to reality.To coin a term of the prophet "we are in deep shit"

:digging2: :digging2: :digging2:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:53 am

Goalkeepers can be great right up and till 40 years old, the points we might drop without Marshall now could be the difference between us staying as a Championship club or becoming a lower League club.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 am

IMO their ripping this club to bits , Good Luck David your well out of it . :old:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:50 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:IMO their ripping this club to bits , Good Luck David your well out of it . :old:

Hardly ripping the club to bits and (in a little bit of fairness) the club finally appear to be getting their finances in order.

However, the sale of Marshall was totally unnecessary in the great scheme of things and has only served to further alienate paying supporters who are already on the floor after only 5 games! :(

I think we may come to regret but equally I wish the new 'stoppers' all the best in their attempts to emulate him

Paul Trollope is a decent coach IMHO and may take a little time to find his best Championship vs International football formation and I will back him in the hope of seeing some improvement for at least this season. You never know, he may turn out to be the Messiah or he may just turn out to be just another naughty boy! ;) :laughing6:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Goalkeepers can be great right up and till 40 years old, the points we might drop without Marshall now could be the difference between us staying as a Championship club or becoming a lower League club.

Annis we are going in the direction of Coventry within the next 2/3 seasons if we don't turn this around soon