Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE OF CARDIFF CITY'S GREATEST, TODAY LEFT CARDIFF CITY

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:38 pm

' ONE OF CARDIFF CITY'S GREATEST, TODAY LEFT CARDIFF CITY FOR A MERE £2.5MILL '

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176473 :cry:

Cardiff City Chairman Dalman/Ken Choo Said they wanted £10million for one of Cardiff City's Greats Still in his Prime, But sell him for £2.5mill, which could eventually in a years time rise to £5mill.

In my opinion not good business at all by our club which shows NO ambition at all.

To many older fans it brings back memories of the John Toshack days.

David Marshall exit spells end of a truly golden era in Cardiff City history as club bosses seek a 'more sustainable' model.

Marshall, having been with the club since 2009, has helped underpin much of it with his utter brilliance in goal.

David Marshall was more than happy to stay at Cardiff City,but City showed no ambition to keep him, So I do not blame Marshall one bit.

The sale of David Marshall to Hull spells the end of a truly golden period in Cardiff City's 117-year history, possibly even the greatest of the lot.

For me we have virtually given away a great player.

Another Sad day in Cardiff City's Recent History.

THANK YOU DAVID MARSHALL FOR YOUR 7 YEARS OF BEING IN MY EYES ONE OF CARDIFF CITY'S GREAT GOALKEEPERS :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ONE OF CARDIFF CITY'S GREATEST, TODAY LEFT CARDIFF CITY

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 pm

I will be sad watching Match of the Day and seeing Marshy performing wonders for Hull. No animosity to Marshy from me, he could have gone many times but he stayed loyal to City. Hope he helps to keep Hull in the Premier League he deserves it :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:48 pm

He goes with my best wishes. I really hope things go well for him at Hull. For me he falls into a group of ex-players such as Ross McCormack who I really hope do well after leaving CCFC because they were great whilst they were here :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:48 pm

So depressing to see David Marshall go and for not much and we can forget the bonus because Hull City are going down with or without him.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:52 pm

so disappointing watching the once mighty and proud bluebirds fall apart under foreign ownership,we are embaressing and being a cardiff fan is more embarrassing than it has ever been

good luck to marshall always had time for the fans and showed his loyalty to the club on a number of occasions

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:58 pm

A sad day. Nothing new, though, from Toshack onwards.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Good luck Marshall,thanks mate for everything :ayatollah: utter bollocks by our club :evil:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Very sad to see him go, can only wish him luck :(

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Reminds me of that wanker of an owner Rick Wright who basically gave away
Nathan Blake fore a mere £300.000
I got the impression Tan wants to get rid of any player that's sellable not interested how much he gets
I still think he is doing all this to spite us all for wanting to play in our true colours of blue
As Annis has said he's totally fucked our club up good and proper
This is not about FFP because we are now allowed to make a loss of 13 million this season without breaking any rules
We have had no statement from the club as to why we are selling our key players
We are going to have difficulty signing loan players because Tan only wants to pay half the wages
He is not going to any more fees for players so god help us
Tan has no ambition for the club and sees us as a nuisance playing in the wrong colour shirts
We need owners who care for the club and show ambition but this is not the case with Tan
Be prepared for a struggle this season and even a relegation fight
If we get in the top 6 we will be well above our station

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Gutted to see him go, especially to a club like hull but don't begrudge him the move.
Stayed loyal even as the club fell apart!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:29 pm

djronnieb wrote:Reminds me of that wanker of an owner Rick Wright who basically gave away
I got the impression Tan wants to get rid of any player that's sellable not interested how much he gets
I still think he is doing all this to spite us all for wanting to play in our true colours of blue
This is not about FFP because we are now allowed to make a loss of 13 million this season without breaking any rules
We are going to have difficulty signing loan players because Tan only wants to pay half the wages
Tan has no ambition for the club and sees us as a nuisance playing in the wrong colour shirts
We need owners who care for the club and show ambition but this is not the case with Tan

Absolutely spot on.

As far as Tan is concerned you have to say he's done what he said.

Investment if we are red, f**k all if we are blue.

Can't believe those who think that Tan has any interest in the club other than getting it into a position where he can get rid of it.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:34 pm

djronnieb wrote:Reminds me of that wanker of an owner Rick Wright who basically gave away

I think that you are right in a number of ways. Regards FFP I think that that is just a smoke screen. We have not made any significant signings for some time and in fact we have recouped a fair bit. As suggested may well be the case of getting their own back on the City fans who fought for the true identity of Cardiff City FC to be returned.

The club has shown no ambition, stripped the assets all on the back of saying that we wanted to get back in the Premier League last season and looking to get in the play offs this season. It's clear that the words spoken and actions taken do not match each other.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:40 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

I think that you are right in a number of ways. Regards FFP I think that that is just a smoke screen. We have not made any significant signings for some time and in fact we have recouped a fair bit. As suggested may well be the case of getting their own back on the City fans who fought for the true identity of Cardiff City FC to be returned.

The club has shown no ambition, stripped the assets all on the back of saying that we wanted to get back in the Premier League last season and looking to get in the play offs this season. It's clear that the words spoken and actions taken do not match each other.

i totally agree what i will say is where are all these fans who protested against the rebrand now? sat on their ass at home not watching city anymore, i think its time to rally and get tan out, the sooner the better, see at the end of the day the money is owed to himself nobody else, the wanker should just sell at a loss rather than drag us down because of his mistakes, i fukin hate him i really do

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks David Marshall,a legendary goalkeeper and a top pro.I will never forget the saves you made in our 1 season in the premiership.Time and again you saved us from hammerings,without you that season we would have been relegated by christmas.That save from shane long against wba defied logic,and who could forget the penalty shoot-out against Leicester.Brilliant,brilliant goalkeeper,thanks for the memmories Marshy.On another point,our club is run by jokers who know f**k all about anything football related.Ken Choo saying we won't take a penny less than 10mill and then this happens!!!!! :bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Good luck Marshall "Scotland no1 and Cardiffs greatest " hope you come back for mcnaughton testimonial so we can say goodbye :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Passed his best and good business by the club. Hull must be desperate and deluded if they think he will make a difference. Marshall has been a great keeper but is now just a good one and had become a luxury we could no longer justify.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm

True pro and loyal player to us. Huge loss and very poor business from the club to sell our best player for that price in today's market.

Sheer Desperation from our club.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Best keeper I've ever seen for us. Worth at least 7 million, if not more. Crazy days of Vinnie the Red's fire sales! He didn't want to go and you bet Trollope didn't either. No ambition left at the club I love. Just hope we stay up this season!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Passed his best and good business by the club. Hull must be desperate and deluded if they think he will make a difference. Marshall has been a great keeper but is now just a good one and had become a luxury we could no longer justify.

Make a difference? Marshal almost single handedly kept us above the drop zone in the premier league before the clown OGS took over.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:57 pm

If the right offer comes in for any of our players, they will be sold. Doubt if many of our players will be in demand, but I believe that any of them would be sold if an offer comes close to the club's valuation. The posters who kept telling us that Marshall was settled here and had no intention of going anywhere need to realise that this is business, and it makes no difference to how settled they are or if their kids are in a local school, in football you go where the businessmen tell you to go.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:01 pm

marshal is not worth 10 million ,5 million is a good price I wish him luck hull have shown they have enough to stay up this season ,if we waited another year we wouldn't of got much for him

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Hull must be laughing all the way to the bank. £2.5 million for Scotland's number one. Amazing piece of business by our desperate crackpot of a club :bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:If the right offer comes in for any of our players, they will be sold. Doubt if many of our players will be in demand, but I believe that any of them would be sold if an offer comes close to the club's valuation. The posters who kept telling us that Marshall was settled here and had no intention of going anywhere need to realise that this is business, and it makes no difference to how settled they are or if their kids are in a local school, in football you go where the businessmen tell you to go.

It seems that if ANY offer comes in for our players at the moment the club is willing to accept it.

The Premier League is absolutely awash with money at the moment yet we are willing to let our better players to go for anywhere around the £2 - £3 million pound mark.

Other teams must know that we are an absolute soft touch when it comes to selling our players.

Make us an offer - we're bound to accept it.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:marshal is not worth 10 million ,5 million is a good price I wish him luck hull have shown they have enough to stay up this season ,if we waited another year we wouldn't of got much for him

Wez, If your honest what ever Tan/Dalman or Choo sell a player for you back them?

So why did they say they would not accept anything less than £10mill for Marshall?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:marshal is not worth 10 million ,5 million is a good price I wish him luck hull have shown they have enough to stay up this season ,if we waited another year we wouldn't of got much for him

Wez, If your honest what ever Tan/Dalman or Choo sell a player for you back them?

So why did they say they would not accept anything less than £10mill for Marshall?

Annis people say things either spur of the moment or because thats what they thought or believed at that time. Things change and people do change their minds. I think if we get 5 mill for marshall then its a decent price.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 pm

There all for sale. Its as Simple as that no matter what the two smiling assassins dalman and choo say to fans in the stands there tans paid liars to.
I can not wait to see the back of the giant turd that is Tan if this is what it takes so be it :thumbup:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Hull must be laughing all the way to the bank. £2.5 million for Scotland's number one. Amazing piece of business by our desperate crackpot of a club :bluebird:

Rising to 5-6 million based on appearances and if they stay up and by the looks of things early on could happen. :sleepy2:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Cant fault Marshall he was a loyal servant of the club to the end and will go down in the clubs history! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm seething about this. If the club had any ambition about returning to the PL, then we simply would not be selling a proven PL level GK and part of your core squad who loves playing for Cardiff & who's family is settled here. You'd be fighting tooth and nail to keep him. Marshalls loss is significant in terms of the clubs intent & will also have a detrimental effect on our results and I feel squad morale.

Good luck Marshy and thanks for some amazing memories. Consistently our best player and for me, City's best ever GK. A genuine City legend that will be greatly missed.

David Marshsall - A keeper so good that even when he goes for a shit, often ends up with a clean sheet.

:bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Good luck Malcolm..

Quick question(s) for those who know more than I, is the club for sale, how much does Tan want, how much is it worth??