Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Not yet actually received an offer for him '

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 am

' Cardiff City Not yet actually received an offer for him '

Arron Gunnarsson Cardiff City's Iceland International.

Even though there has been plenty of reports of clubs interested in Cardiff City's Gunnarsson, there has actually been no actual offer for him or contact made by any club.

Derby County were reportedly interested in him and have had a scout watching his last couple of games.

Cardiff City have made it clear if any club is interested in Gunnarsson it will cost them £2mill in total to buy him and City are not interested in loaning him out, they want hard cash.
Arron Gunnarson got massive recognition after his great displays for his country Iceland in the Euros and City immediately put a price tag on him.

Gunnarsson last season under previous manager Russell Slade struggled to gain a regular place, but under new manager Paul Trollope he has regained his first team place.

The transfer deadline is this Wednesday 11pm 31st August and most City fans are hoping that Cardiff City can keep hold of their long throwing,skilful,battling international player.

If a cash offer comes in and its around the above price, its believed Cardiff City will sell him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Not yet actually received an offer for hi

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:40 am

Can't see anyone offering 2million

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 am

langley wrote:Can't see anyone offering 2million

Maybe not, but I reckon if a Club offered City £1mill down plus add ons they will sell him.

Or even less.

Hmmm?

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 am

He'd go for a much lower offer than that, I believe ;)

IMHO, not gong to be a stalwart of the City side this season and whispers persist that he has been 'touted' on the back of his Euro 2016 performances :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 am

i think we may see gunnar and manga both sold in the next two days manga will go to france gunnar will go to another championship team with ambition and who can blame players for not wanting to be here, playing infront of empty seats with manager and owner both out of their depth, unless u got a reason to love cardiff its a very hard team to want to play for i would imagine

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Maybe not, but I reckon if a Club offered City £1mill down plus add ons they will sell him.

Or even less.

Hmmm?

I really must take issue with your use of the word "skillful" I think you may be in danger in contriving the trade description act

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City Not yet actually received an offer for him '

Even though there has been plenty of reports of clubs interested in Cardiff City's Gunnarsson, there has actually been no actual offer for him or contact made by any club.

Derby County were reportedly interested in him and have had a scout watching his last couple of games.

Cardiff City have made it clear if any club is interested in Gunnarsson it will cost them £2mill in total to buy him and City are not interested in loaning him out, they want hard cash.
Arron Gunnarson got massive recognition after his great displays for his country Iceland in the Euros and City immediately put a price tag on him.

Gunnarsson last season under previous manager Russell Slade struggled to gain a regular place, but under new manager Paul Trollope he has regained his first team place.

The transfer deadline is this Wednesday 11pm 31st August and most City fans are hoping that Cardiff City can keep hold of their long throwing,skilful,battling international player.

If a cash offer comes in and its around the above price, its believed Cardiff City will sell him.

Annis, this transfer window has probably been the most
uninspiring one I can remember!

A few are clearly not ready for this Division while we obviously lack a spark in other areas.

Sadly I can only see a sad time for Trollope and his staff
as they wont be supported as they should.

As far as Tan is concerned, if he doesn't turn up why
should the supporters!

Let's just hope most of us are wrong and we actually click into action.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 am

Think he's away with Iceland,interesting to see how he plays for them again.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:27 am

If anyone offers us anything above £1m I would be delighted to take it and the same with Magna.

In both cases I believe we have excellent replacements already.

However, even with those excellent pieces of business we are still missing a gaping hole up front.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:34 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Annis, this transfer window has probably been the most

I suppose 'uninspiring' is a good choice of words for some but personally I think differently. We all know this club has been dragged down by overpaid players and falling revenue

In this window we have cut our cloth well and those sold have been well replaced. Even Marshall was good business as he was getting older and his contract was running down plus it opened up an opportunity for an academy player, something we have all been calling for over a long period.

The one negative is the forward players where the quality is obviously missing. I still think the 5-3-2 system is partly to blame and we should go for a 4-3-3.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:48 pm

If an offer of over £1 mill came in I'd take it in a heart beat tbh

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Annis, this transfer window has probably been the most

I suppose 'uninspiring' is a good choice of words for some but personally I think differently. We all know this club has been dragged down by overpaid players and falling revenue

In this window we have cut our cloth well and those sold have been well replaced. Even Marshall was good business as he was getting older and his contract was running down plus it opened up an opportunity for an academy player, something we have all been calling for over a long period.

The one negative is the forward players where the quality is obviously missing. I still think the 5-3-2 system is partly to blame and we should go for a 4-3-3.

Got to agree Tony, Alghough marshy can't be replaced not overnight anyway. I do however believe that past mistakes is now coming home to roost. If we can't afford to keep certain players then they must go. I like Gunnar as a player and man, but he will be first to admit he's gone stale at city and would benefit from a move. He's 100% ccfc and happy at the club, unfortunately the guy spraying 40 yard balls in the euros isn't the one I have watched in the city shirt. Fully committed and would thank him, but irreplaceable he is not. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City Not yet actually received an offer for him '

Don't get me started on AG I will be banned.