Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

total club income?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Anybody know what we generate on a yearly basis.

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

Re: total club income?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:15 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Anybody know what we generate on a yearly basis.

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering
lot less than last season I wouldn't be surprised if it's not even 30 million this year

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

You forgot to factor in advertising and sponsership.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Neokutai wrote:

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

Not sure on the others but catering is piss poor as riddler sold it to a company called compass on a 20 year lease I believe
And that income has come and gone
And we get a small amount of the profits over a certain target

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Neokutai wrote:

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

Not sure on the others but catering is piss poor as riddler sold it to a company called compass on a 20 year lease I believe

10 year lease this is the last year of it

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Neokutai wrote:

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

Thanks wez my mistake

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Neokutai wrote:

Season tickets
Walk up
Merchandise
Catering

Thanks wez my mistake

That's why they have put there prices up some much to try and milk as much as they can this year

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Our latest published accounts, which are for the year ended 31 May 2015 (the first season after being relegated) show a total income (excluding player sales) of £37.6m.

This is split as follows:
Gate receipts and match day income £5.6m
Broadcasting and comercial distributions £28.5m
Sponsership, advertising and other £3.4

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alone.

I think the parachute payments we received that season were around the £20m mark. I believe the figure we receive this year is down by £12 to £8m as our final installment. Furthermore we had roughly 25% higher crowds (20k v 15k average) so thats roughly £1m lower gate income to expect for this season.

My rough calculations of the income I expect to see for this season is therefore £37.6m-£12m-£1m=£24.6m

The rough income for next season after parachute payments are completely gone (and assuming we stay in the championship with 15k average attendance) = £24.6m - £8m = £16.6m

Our total player wage bill in the 14/15 season in the championship was £30mill.... This does not include general administrative expenses of the club or wages and salaries of all club staff. Hense therefore the need to trim the wage bill this year before we loose the parachute payments altogether, making massive losses and falling foul of financial fair play again.

Hope this helps people.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:Our latest published accounts, which are for the year ended 31 May 2015 (the first season after being relegated) show a total income (excluding player sales) of £37.6m.

Interesting to note that the wages of KG, Le fondre, Macheda and Kenwyne Jones alone (roughly £6.5m) were more than the amount we received from season tickets and other match day income alone.

I think the parachute payments we received that season were around the £20m mark. I believe the figure we receive this year is down by £12 to £8m as our final installment. Furthermore we had roughly 25% higher crowds (20k v 15k average) so thats roughly £1m lower gate income to expect for this season.

My rough calculations of the income I expect to see for this season is therefore £37.6m-£12m-£1m=£24.6m

The rough income for next season after parachute payments are completely gone (and assuming we stay in the championship with 15k average attendance) = £24.6m - £8m = £16.6m

Our total player wage bill in the 14/15 season in the championship was £30mill.... This does not include general administrative expenses of the club or wages and salaries of all club staff. Hense therefore the need to trim the wage bill this year before we loose the parachute payments altogether, making massive losses and falling foul of financial fair play again.

Hope this helps people.

parachute payments are 9 million this year and next also we will have a share of Burnleys money as they bouncedo straight back up

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Not a lot of income to be made now this season as walk up won't be great unless we have a great FA Cup run/draw, or our league form goes from strength to strength :bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am

TaffEmbankment wrote:Our latest published accounts, which are for the year ended 31 May 2015 (the first season after being relegated) show a total income (excluding player sales) of £37.6m.

Hope this helps people.

based on these figures after running costs of the stadium stewarding etc what kind of sum of money would we be left with based on league one income?