Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worst city team in over a decade

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Without a doubt, and if it's not then would gladly like to know a worse one. Even when DJ took over with no more than 13 pros on the books he assembled a team from freebies loanees and kids that could compete.

It's way to early to see where this will all go, but I thought slade did a decent job and it was to be handed over for somebody to take us forward. Having said all that, I don't think we will be in a relegation battle especially if we can bring in a striker. Huws will improve the team and we have enough experience throughout the defence.

I have no doubt we will move forward at some stage, but for now it looks like we are still paying the price for previous mistakes. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Re: Worst city team in over a decade

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Depends what call worse? Some of the teams that got relegated over the years have been lot worse than present one!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Oops miss read post hard to say if worst as end of season will define things

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Without a doubt, and if it's not then would gladly like to know a worse one. Even when DJ took over with no more than 13 pros on the books he assembled a team from freebies loanees and kids that could compete.

It's way to early to see where this will all go, but I thought slade did a decent job and it was to be handed over for somebody to take us forward. Having said all that, I don't think we will be in a relegation battle especially if we can bring in a striker. Huws will improve the team and we have enough experience throughout the defence.

I have no doubt we will move forward at some stage, but for now it looks like we are still paying the price for previous mistakes. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I agree with you and you only have to look at the players we signed in the summer of 2006 to put our current squad into perspective;

The players signed that summer include Kevin Campbell, Michael Chopra, Willo Flood, Roger Johnson, Glen Loovens and Super Kev. In January 2007 we signed Peter Whittingham.

We already had Alexander, Purse, Ledley, McPhail, Thompson, Parry, Scimeca, Ramsey, Gunter and Blake.

During that season 29 players appeared in league matches and right now we have just over 20 experienced championship players.

Much weaker squad no doubt about it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: