Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Declan John or Joe Bennett?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Declan John came into the first team this season and in my opinion has done a good job of it, what I'm puzzled with is, is Joe Bennett, who is rated by a few people I know, going to play backup for Declan or is Declan going to be dropped and play backup for Joe.

Re: Declan John or Joe Bennett?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

If Bennett plays I'd play John further forward in some capacity. We need the pace he has in the team.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:If Bennett plays I'd play John further forward in some capacity. We need the pace he has in the team.

Agreed, we need John AND Harris on the pitch. They are our only players who can a. Beat a man and b. With genuine pace

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 pm

4 4 1 1.

John as a winger. Noone other wing. Whitts and Ralls in middle. Immers and lafferty?? Up top.

Bennett, Connolly, Morrison, jazz. Back 4.

This 5 at the back ain't working

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:29 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:4 4 1 1.

John as a winger. Noone other wing. Whitts and Ralls in middle. Immers and lafferty?? Up top.

Yes lets drop Harris that makes sense :?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:4 4 1 1.

Drop Harris for noone? Genius, why didn't I think of that!

Are people forgetting whitts can't play as a two in the middle.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:39 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:If Bennett plays I'd play John further forward in some capacity. We need the pace he has in the team.

Agree, John and Harris on the wings could do some damage with there speed

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:56 am

TBH I haven't seen John go past anyone and get to the bye line and cross a ball yet . He cuts inside a lot, or passes sideways .But hopefully he can, don't know anything about Bennett ?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:28 am

nojac wrote:TBH I haven't seen John go past anyone and get to the bye line and cross a ball yet . He cuts inside a lot, or passes sideways .But hopefully he can, don't know anything about Bennett ?

I've seen him do it a few times this year. When Harris isn't on he's the only one trying to run the defenders.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:45 am

the answer is simple, we have no idea.