Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where do you think we'll end up based on these 5 games

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:44 pm

So, were 5 games in, 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 win. We sit 17th in the table. Based on what weve seen so far, where do you think we'll finish?

In my opinion I believe we will finish around 14th. We will improve but will lack flair and creativity and a goalscorer hugely.

If we signed a good striker and introduced a bit of flair and pace into the midfield, who knows where this team will finish, possibly top half but that seems optimistic at this moment. We'll be nowhere near the play-offs either way.

As a side note I think Newcastle and Huddersfield will be the top 2 come May.

Where do you think we'll end up? And who will finish top 2?

:ayatollah:

:bluebird:

Re: Where do you think we'll end up based on these 5 games

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:47 pm

I think we'll end up around where we are now.

Not played any really decent teams yet - the likes of Newcastle and Norwich will be a real test in the coming weeks and months.

Surprised to see Derby and Sheff Wednesday below us though!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:55 pm

davids wrote:I think we'll end up around where we are now.

Not played any really decent teams yet - the likes of Newcastle and Norwich will be a real test in the coming weeks and months.

Surprised to see Derby and Sheff Wednesday below us though!

Yes considering the amount of money they have spent, the table looks strange with clubs who struggled last season doing well ! Let's see in 2mnths how table looks?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Always thought that we would finish about 12-14th this season but now that Marshall has gone we desperately need to bring in a striker to teach that position otherwise 17th/18th.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 am

cardiffred wrote:So, were 5 games in, 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 win. We sit 17th in the table. Based on what weve seen so far, where do you think we'll finish?

In my opinion I believe we will finish around 14th. We will improve but will lack flair and creativity and a goalscorer hugely.

If we signed a good striker and introduced a bit of flair and pace into the midfield, who knows where this team will finish, possibly top half but that seems optimistic at this moment. We'll be nowhere near the play-offs either way.

As a side note I think Newcastle and Huddersfield will be the top 2 come May.

Where do you think we'll end up? And who will finish top 2?

:ayatollah:

i think we need to bring in two strikers or one and start using alfie, i still think given a run of games he would be more of a threat than what we currently have, if we bring in lafferty and one more striker we could finish around 10-14th if we dont sign a striker we will finish between 17th-22nd
:bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am

Top 10

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:00 am

Top 24

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:37 am

Bottom Six!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:01 am

Top 10. The first five teams we have played this year are little different to us and any of those matches could have ended in a win for either team. You've got to fancy Newcastle to go up,automatically and Villa and Norwich won't be far behind. As usual, there is little difference between the rest of the teams. It's very early in the season and there's no need to be too pessimistic yet!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:22 am

Bottom 6 :bluebird:

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 am

relegation is a possibility and i know ppl think we are to good to go down but the problem is we aint we are poor and even teams that have come up from league one are dwarfing us in terms of ambition, we're on par with the likes of rotherham at the min so if ppl think we wont get dragged into a relegation fight threy need to think again